[Mod Links] The unofficial Alpha 8 mods list

Started by Igabod, December 11, 2014, 05:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igabod

Quote from: elStrages on January 20, 2015, 08:13:12 PM
Your a ninja. I knew it

Nah, if I was a ninja I'd have better reflexes and wouldn't have broken my hip when I was in the Navy. But yesterday I became an impromptu fireman. Fought down a blazing forest fire behind my house and kept it from damaging my house at all. Even saved my neighbors house. All with a garden hose. The real firemen showed up in time to clean up  the small spot fires that I couldn't reach with my hose. There is no longer a forest behind my house though. Just a blackened acre of land and a nice clearing that might just become a strawberry field in the spring.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Igabod on January 20, 2015, 08:46:23 PM
Your a ninja. I knew it

Nah, if I was a ninja I'd have better reflexes and wouldn't have broken my hip when I was in the Navy. But yesterday I became an impromptu fireman. Fought down a blazing forest fire behind my house and kept it from damaging my house at all. Even saved my neighbors house. All with a garden hose. The real firemen showed up in time to clean up  the small spot fires that I couldn't reach with my hose. There is no longer a forest behind my house though. Just a blackened acre of land and a nice clearing that might just become a strawberry field in the spring.

Now we know that Igabod is not "Incapable of: Scary"
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Igabod

Quote from: StorymasterQ on January 20, 2015, 08:53:31 PM
Your a ninja. I knew it

Lol funny enough I actually found myself thinking "Okay, this fire is pretty big, it's gonna start raining soon."

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Igabod on January 20, 2015, 10:03:05 PM
Quote from: StorymasterQ on January 20, 2015, 08:53:31 PM
Your a ninja. I knew it

Lol funny enough I actually found myself thinking "Okay, this fire is pretty big, it's gonna start raining soon."

Did you experience stuttering issues? :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Mythrell

I really like how you summarized my mod better than I could. Kudos to you :)

Igabod

Quote from: Mythrell on January 20, 2015, 10:19:04 PM
I really like how you summarized my mod better than I could. Kudos to you :)

Well now that the list is getting pretty long I'm finding I have to limit the descriptions a bit. So I'm getting pretty good at re-writing descriptions. Unfortunately the description is limited to 12 words on the wiki so I'm going to have a lot of trouble doing that. It's also a lot of work entering all of the stuff into the wiki. It's easier with this cause I started at the beginning of Alpha 8 and add new mods as they are created. But converting the huge list into the format used by the wiki is a daunting task. I'll probably end up devoting an entire day to it tomorrow and get all the mods listed. Writing the 12 word descs for all of them is going to be a much longer job though.

RemingtonRyder

It would be a little easier if we added a 12-word description at the top of the forum post, right?

Evul

Quote from: MarvinKosh on January 21, 2015, 07:18:32 AM
It would be a little easier if we added a 12-word description at the top of the forum post, right?

Yes :P
12 words are tricky unless your the author of the mod. :)

Igabod

Mods added today include:

Name: EMP Pistol
Description: Adds an EMP pistol which disables electronics temporarily. Especially useful against Mechanoids.

Igabod

Name: Biodiversity
Description: Adds a variety of new animals to each map type. More diversity!

Name: More Vanilla Turrets
Description: Adds more turret variations with the attempt to keep their vanilla art style along with some careful balancing.

Name: Rimfire
Description: Adds a collection of weapons to the game. Compatible with other weapon collections.

Name: Vegetarian Mod
Description: Adds soybeans which can be grown and processed into tofu which can be used as a meat substitute in cooking.

Name: Wildhunt
Description: Makes some hats in Apparello craftable if you also have Biodiversity activated.

Igabod

Name: Climate Control Unit
Description: Adds a Heating and Cooling control unit. Temperature control in one device.

Name: EDC Thin Table
Description: EDC is proud to present you with TABLES! Yes thin, usable tables!

Name: EDC Trader
Description: Adds trade convoys which carry a wide variety of goods.

Name: Mining&Co. Mining Helmet
Description: Adds a mining helmet with a light which actually lights the area!

Igabod

Name: Distilled Xerigium
Description: Adds a recipe to the cooking stove to make medkits.

Name: Laboratory Coat
Description: Adds a lab coat designed for researching and medical work.

Name: VeinMiner
Description: Click on one visible ore cell and designate the whole vein for mining.

Igabod

Name: Antiqua
Description: Adds an option for historical statues in the sculpting bench.

Name: The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
Description: Adds a single use very powerful hand grenade to the game.

Name: Void Hopper
Description: Adds a hopper that automatically sends items placed inside to the void.

Name: Wolflover
Description: Adds options to turn your colonists into werewolves.

joshwoo69

Igabod