A message for Rimworld Modders.

Started by Vonholtz, February 19, 2015, 11:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonholtz

This post is for all the men and woman out there that put the work in to modding for RimWorld. This is not said enough but I would like to say a big. Thank you You all make this fun game even better with your hard work and it need to be said more offen.  :)

P.S. Oh Tynan don't worry I still love your game and Thank you as well for the game in the first place.  ;) ;)

rakkaus

And being it a charity work, it deserves a double sized thank you.

TheSilencedScream

Indeed - you turn something good into something incredible. Thank you all for your hard work and countless hours of - what is essentially - volunteer work.

Thank you all!
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Tynan

I agree wholeheartedly with this notion!

As a long-time modder myself, it's awesome to have others actually modding my game now!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

elStrages

Quote from: Tynan on February 20, 2015, 01:16:54 AM
I agree wholeheartedly with this notion!

As a long-time modder myself, it's awesome to have others actually modding my game now!
The forum needs a thumbs up system for times like this!

skullywag

Agreed, my thanks to the many people who have helped and inspired me to make mods, but not Shinzy he fights like a dairy farmer. ;)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Shinzy

Quote from: skullywag on February 20, 2015, 02:52:56 AM
Agreed, my thanks to the many people who have helped and inspired me to make mods, but not Shinzy he fights like a dairy farmer. ;)

How appropriate! - I'm rubber you're gl.. no! I mean, I'm shaking ooh I'm shaak.. Look! behind you! dammit

mrofa

QuoteShinzy he fights like a dairy farmer.
You mean with duoble barrel rifle and heard of angry cows ?
All i do is clutter all around.

Rock5

Quote from: Shinzy on February 20, 2015, 04:47:43 AM

How appropriate! - I'm rubber you're gl.. no! I mean, I'm shaking ooh I'm shaak.. Look! behind you! dammit
ROFL. I pissed myself laughing when I read that. I wonder how many people know where that comes from.  ;D
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

skullywag

Quote from: Rock5 on February 21, 2015, 02:48:56 AM

ROFL. I pissed myself laughing when I read that. I wonder how many people know where that comes from.  ;D

Its from that film with sigourney weaver, you know the one where they blow up the statue of liberty and then will smith punches an alien....good movie.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Shinzy

Quote from: skullywag on February 21, 2015, 10:19:38 AM
Quote from: Rock5 on February 21, 2015, 02:48:56 AM

Its from that film with sigourney weaver, you know the one where they blow up the statue of liberty and then will smith punches an alien....good movie.

Men in black! Will smith whaps the alien right on the kisser "wikiwaa waau wikkiewaa wi- wild wild west"
and siggy is all like "You fight like a cow!" and then they have to find the 'eye that has seen the world' to find the big whoop so they can stop fighting like barnyard animals. Love that movie!

Rock5

LoL. Now you guys are just being silly. It was actually from the original Planet of the apes when Charlton Heston tricked that shop keeper into leading him out of town. I thought it was hilarious when he used that huge key he was given in the ear of the Statue of Liberty because I thought it looked like a cotton bud. Did you notice that? Classic. They don't make movies like that anymore.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

evrett33

I'd like to see a system where mods dont work for the first 2 weeks after a release unless you hack up some cash to a fund that distribute $ to modders in general and $$ to modders who update on release. No one should work for free. Thats slavery.

Justin C

Quote from: evrett33 on February 21, 2015, 06:55:06 PM
I'd like to see a system where mods dont work for the first 2 weeks after a release unless you hack up some cash to a fund that distribute $ to modders in general and $$ to modders who update on release. No one should work for free. Thats slavery.
The modding community is sustained by the people who use the mods, not the modders themselves. Charging for mods would only hurt the community.

evrett33

I'm guessing the vast majority of modders dont make min hourly income in whatever country they live..thats not sustaining at all.