[Texture] (Alpha 12) Individual Appearance -- Updated Again

Started by Eleazar, January 21, 2015, 11:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eleazar

Quote from: Shinzy on April 01, 2015, 09:05:24 AM
Hellloooo! this is very easy thing to do!

Thank you very much.  :) I did look for tutorials when i put this up but got the impression that this kind of asset replacing mod needed to be slipped into the core mods folder, instead of a regular mod.  I'm happy to be proven wrong.

I'll update once i have the preview image and description just so...

Quote from: Tynan on April 01, 2015, 12:53:25 PM
I'd love to see some screenshots of how this comes off in-game.

Easily done:

http://imgur.com/a/wleTx

Note that sometimes a "female" head gets used for a male, for instance Jerbear in the first image.

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Kaballah

I like this, it's a nice expansion of the core assets without straying too far from the aesthetic.  Nice job.

Eleazar

I've (finally) put this mod into proper form, following Shinzy's helpful advice.

The download is available.  Conveniently it works just as well in Alpha 10.

James009

Nice work! I wonder what else could be done with this!

- Makeup
- Facial hair
- Scars
- More eyes
- Noses
- Dirty faces
- Androgynous (some male faces for women but rare; some female faces for men but rare)
- Glasses

Then start linking these to traits or backgrounds and, boom, you have something outstanding.

EDIT:
Getting a dropbox 5xx error when trying to download.

Works now!
Lets Crashland Here Simulator!

Eleazar

Quote from: James009 on April 15, 2015, 08:37:35 PM
Nice work! I wonder what else could be done with this!

- Makeup
- Facial hair
- Scars
- More eyes
- Noses
- Dirty faces
- Androgynous (some male faces for women but rare; some female faces for men but rare)

Then start linking these to traits or backgrounds and, boom, you have something outstanding.

EDIT:
Getting a dropbox 5xx error when trying to download.

I get that error when just trying to visit dropbox -- i think it is a temporary issue with the site, not my link.

As for your ideas, i'm an artist, not a coder.  I'm simply replacing default graphics with ones that don't look so similar.  As for things like noses and scars, I wouldn't do those if I could.  Too many details would tend to turn to pixel mush at normal zoom levels.

Beathrus

So, I was wondering if this mod works for A12? Just kinda curious, I liked having a bit more customization to my Pawns.

Eleazar

Don't know.  Try it!  I haven't had the leisure to start a new game.

Beathrus

Quote from: Eleazar on September 16, 2015, 11:07:12 AM
Don't know.  Try it!  I haven't had the leisure to start a new game.

Okay, I'll give it a try and let you know!

Edit: Sorry, Its not working in 12d. I tried loading it up into a started game, it gave white snow of death. Then I tried to start a new game, but the eyes were not changed for the males or females. :/

skullywag

Change humanoid folder to humanlike, it should fix it for a12.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Eleazar

Quote from: skullywag on December 22, 2015, 04:57:08 PM
Change humanoid folder to humanlike, it should fix it for a12.

Yep, that's all it needed.  The mod works again!

panggul_mas

Is there any chance of this mod updating for A13, or is there a spiritual successor of some sort?

Eleazar

Quote from: panggul_mas on April 27, 2016, 06:03:18 PM
Is there any chance of this mod updating for A13, or is there a spiritual successor of some sort?

I haven't got around to trying #13 yet, but i doubt it will require anything significant to make it work.

panggul_mas

Thanks for replying! I'd love to see it updated for A13; individual appearance helps alot in humanizing pawns -