[A13] SkilledBuilder (07.06.16)

Started by shadwar, May 02, 2016, 06:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadwar

Current version: 1.1

About:
Most players have tried to track their builders who working on expensive buildings. But still your expensive furniture is very bad (damned low skilled newbie finishing it, while your Godlike master is going to sleep).
Stop it! Only skillful (at current maximum level) workers can build selected buildings.

There is two current versions!
On - with Skilled Builder On by default for buildings, thats have Quality attribute.
Off - with Skilled Builder Off by default for all buildings.

Dependency:
Community Core Library v0.13.1.1

Download:
1.1 - On version
1.1 - Off version
1.0 - Old version

Version history:
1.1 - Additional command for buildings.
1.0 - Initial.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Ohhhh!

First download!

And, I can finally stop micromanaging my builders!

So, how does this work?  If the thing being built has CompQuality, it does a check for skill level?  So anyone can build a wall but only the highest skilled can build furniture?

Edit:  nvm, it's a designator.  That's a good solution too, thanks for the mod!
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Grogfeld

Nice, I will try it tomorrow. I don't like when low skilled builders make furniture so I made some changes in furniture xml that it can be crafted on workbench and it used construction skill, and it worked. But your idea is better.

Minnigin

nice work, thanks for making this for everyone. No more rebuilding beds til I get decent ones  :D

reiia

Oohhh sweet, thanks =D
Now just need someone to make a mod that lets me select "maximum level" for my craft tables... getting tired of my lv 20s stealing mah lv 1's exp xD haha

dj84722

Quote from: Canute on May 04, 2016, 03:25:25 AM
Quote from: reiia on May 04, 2016, 01:12:59 AM
Oohhh sweet, thanks =D
Now just need someone to make a mod that lets me select "maximum level" for my craft tables... getting tired of my lv 20s stealing mah lv 1's exp xD haha
Try the Colony Manager, you get the option "allways use highest skilled..".

That is the opposite of what he wanted, he wants a second slider bar on the skill requirement to restrict certain jobs to people between certain levels, say lvl 0-5 crafters only

absolutist

this mod appears to break combat realism for whatever reason.

shadwar

Quote from: absolutist on May 04, 2016, 11:33:32 AM
this mod appears to break combat realism for whatever reason.
More info needed.
1. Versions.
2. Mod order.
3. Log messages.
4. What exactly is broken.

Rock5

Quote from: dj84722 on May 04, 2016, 05:57:54 AM
Quote from: Canute on May 04, 2016, 03:25:25 AM
Quote from: reiia on May 04, 2016, 01:12:59 AM
Oohhh sweet, thanks =D
Try the Colony Manager, you get the option "allways use highest skilled..".

That is the opposite of what he wanted, he wants a second slider bar on the skill requirement to restrict certain jobs to people between certain levels, say lvl 0-5 crafters only
I haven't checked this yet but I believe all low skilled crafting benches fall under the "Crafting" job. So if you set your skilled crafter to only do tailoring and smithing and unselect crafting then only your lvl 1 crafters will do the low skilled crafting.

BTW, must have mod! Until now I've been using the area manager to exclude everyone else from a special zone that I construct furniture in that only my skilled constructionist can enter, which is a pain, especially when I use the area manager for other things too. And last game my skilled construction guy couldn't haul. Luckily my pets were always quick to haul away any resources from deconstructed crap furniture or minified furniture.

Thank you so much!
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

shadwar

I'm thinking about comfortable useability. Do it's really good as designator in orders? Maybe it will be more usable as item command for unfinished buildings, like cancel and forbidding?

Rock5

Quote from: shadwar on May 05, 2016, 01:36:09 AM
I'm thinking about comfortable useability. Do it's really good as designator in orders? Maybe it will be more usable as item command for unfinished buildings, like cancel and forbidding?
Actually, I was thinking that too.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

hatdatsat

right so you need to be logged in to download lol.....

MisterVertigo

This looks awesome! Thanks for this!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Quote from: shadwar on May 05, 2016, 01:36:09 AM

No reason it can't be both.  Just make the designator a "reverse designator" too.  That is how the mining works, it can be used as a designator from the architects tab or as a "reverse designator" by selecting something that is mineable.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.