Wanna congratulate Tynan for the Caravan

Started by Lightzy, November 20, 2016, 04:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumblemumble

Quote from: carbon on November 21, 2016, 03:04:31 PM
If this and it turn out to simply be the ability to disappear some colonists from your colony management screen and return in a few days with a handful of steel (+fancy cosmetics), referring to it as 'innovative', 'bold' and 'a fusion of game styles' will come to seem silly.

pretty much this, we have 0 info on HOW caravans work, if we can participate in raids, if we can have multi town saves, ect. Theres no proof the feature WONT be just a massive investment of silver / gear which you get a dice roll for the results...i hope it wont be that, and I doubt it will, but the point is theres no PROOF of how EXACTLY it will work, so I withhold judgement, like others
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Bob_Namg

Quote from: Hierophant on November 21, 2016, 09:32:21 AM
This game is already complex enough without all this wild speculation entering the picture.
EMERAHD SPRASH
Quote from: mumblemumble on November 21, 2016, 10:54:15 AM
Quote from: Hierophant on November 21, 2016, 09:32:21 AM
This game is already complex enough without all this wild speculation entering the picture.
I agree....a16 LOOKS and SOUNDS awesome, but lets be honest.

the only MATTER OF FACT data we have is....
-sending caravans is a thing
-settling places is a thing (we dont KNOW if we will be able to directly look at these colonies however)
-New worldgen is a thing
-Traveling, for trade or assault is a thing (unsure if this is RTS style though, or abstracted away)
-Global weather is a thing

Besides these, we really have nothing CONCRETE for a16.... and things are subject to change too.

Granted, its very likely, but I really dont like relying on "probably"
Sounds awesome af T B H fam
"Hon hon hon"
-Anonymous, France

A Friend

I think "praise" would have been a better word if you're referring to the direction. But even so, it's best reserved after we've experienced and judged the mentioned features ourselves.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Bozobub

Frankly, having caravans reduced to a "die roll" level of abstraction doesn't bother me in the slightest; it happens to nicely fix the trader nerf, for one thing.  And even that deserves a bit of hype, as well =) .

Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love.
Thanks, belgord!

mumblemumble

To be completely honest, making caravans a dice role abstraction with those teasers would be kinda fucked up...all the reason im hanging on the fence, by a thread, and leaning towards hype, but NOT quite falling off yet.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

deslona

I'm cautiously optimistic. I think the first iteration will be disappointing (due to the nature of hype), however I am hopeful that by A18 that this feature would have been fleshed out to be something engaging and having depth. Such as mobile colonies, active (oppose to passive non-interactive)/simultaneous caravans. World populations and some form of records/development/growth etc etc. that is reflected in the choice the player and storyteller makes eg. global weather.

Just because you are on randy random doesn't mean that toxic fallout heading east WONT suddenly turn south onto your colony...

MisterVertigo

Quote from: Bozobub on November 21, 2016, 09:12:13 PM
Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love.

So much this! You just got added to my signature for that one!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub