[1.0] - Animal Husbandry (SKHardcore and Vanilla)

Started by MightyGooga, August 08, 2017, 10:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exende

nope, been at the top of the list outside of essentials (Core, HugsLib, Jec, ResearchPal) and it still gives me the same errors

Harry_Dicks

Do you know of any incompatibilities with HelpTab?

Dressari

I appear to be having some issues with the Vanilla version of this mod, in that the Items associated with the kibble, the Bases and the Pellets are missing a tag that allows my people to haul it to storage zones. It claims it cannot be hauled because no storage area has it listed, but in the storage lists I cannot find anything that categorizes the items to be stored. I even tried to put the mod up as high on the list as possible but it doesn't seem to have any affect.

I'm new to reading the logs, but it does seem to generate a large number of "CrossRefs" errors? I mean I have a couple from another mod but I haven't noticed it affect anything. I just know I can't seem to get my guys to haul anything from the Animal Husbandry mod. I really like this idea and I want to figure out whats wrong.

Harry_Dicks

Upon further testing, I did still get errors from this mod. I finally had to take it off from my mod list, and the errors went away. I seemed to have different errors depending on where it was on the mod list, though. But my list is close to 300, so there's just so many possibilities for different things to go wrong. I'd like to use it, but my restarts take almost close to 10 minutes each, and not a dig at your mod or anything, because I would definitely love to use it, but right now I'm getting kinda burnt out of keep updating mods and load orders and trying to fix errors - I've been at it non-stop for a few weeks now. I'm ready to actually fully check out all of this content I've been building up... and it's a LOT, no joke about that!

EDIT: If I'm remembering correctly, I was getting a few yellow errors from this mod about being unable to make the help information for some of the things? But it also ruined my HelpTab mod. And that mod is an absolute, cannot play without, must have mod for me. I use ResearchPal as well, another absolute must have, because I really do have tons and tons of different things to research. But, as a lot of people that use ResearchPal know, it isn't fully perfect. A few of the researches, for whatever reason, end up stacking on top of one another. The only way to find them is by mousing over the different researches and seeing if multiple tooltips pop up. Then based on the tooltip, figure out what research it is, and look it up in HelpTab which will have an option to research it there. It seems weird though, like the researches that get stacked will change based on where I put the mod in my load order. Right now it seems to only ever happen to a few of the very bottom, red colored, early research (neolithic or no "age"?) things, and a few of the very top (first tier of industrial?) things.

So either way, both HelpTab and ResearchPal are requirements for me, and Animal Husbandry, as far as I could tell, ended up making HelpTab throw a red error at me. I thought it would be fine and just a few things wouldn't have any information on the help screen, but it absolutely cleared out all the entries in it. I could open the HelpTab, and the categories were all there, but there wasn't anything in any of the categories - all blank. I might have the error saved elsewhere if you would be interested at looking into this further.

MightyGooga

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the delay. Let me see what is going on.

1 - First of all it should be compatible with all other mods, since all content is created. If there are erros, they are occuring because of my mod, and not compatibility issues.

2 - Since i "transposed" this mod from the SK Hardcore version, there is probably something I overlooked. I have been playing only the MODPACK and its hard to tell what is vanilla or not.

3 - Really sorry for the delay in answering, this is my second mod ever in the history of my life, and sometimes I forget that i have to check the forum more often.

4 - I will, review the mod, and play test it in vanilla. As soon as i get a green light, Ill shout out for you.

Peace!

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: MightyGooga on January 11, 2018, 09:13:06 PM
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the delay. Let me see what is going on.

1 - First of all it should be compatible with all other mods, since all content is created. If there are erros, they are occuring because of my mod, and not compatibility issues.

2 - Since i "transposed" this mod from the SK Hardcore version, there is probably something I overlooked. I have been playing only the MODPACK and its hard to tell what is vanilla or not.

3 - Really sorry for the delay in answering, this is my second mod ever in the history of my life, and sometimes I forget that i have to check the forum more often.

4 - I will, review the mod, and play test it in vanilla. As soon as i get a green light, Ill shout out for you.

Peace!

Ahh, that makes a lot of sense. Not sure why I didn't think about that earlier, the mod being for HardcoreSK.

Well I hope you are able to fix everything, because I would love to use your mod. Did you consider the idea of more pellets, maybe ones that increase aging, if that's possible? Either way, good luck! ;)

MightyGooga

Hey Guys! Behold the Fixed Version!

You can try it now, I have just been playing with vanilla and there were 0 - ZERO errors.

I found out that most of the errors were becouse of changes in mechanics in B18, and some becouse a ireally overlooked SK compatibility...

So now you can test it with no fears, and give some feedback.

Harry, the idea you gave its awsome. Why not make some vaccines to increase longevity? Why not a speciual food that increases the rate of wool production?

Im gona look into that, and see if i can come up with a great update. Thank you.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: MightyGooga on January 13, 2018, 05:50:21 PM
Hey Guys! Behold the Fixed Version!

You can try it now, I have just been playing with vanilla and there were 0 - ZERO errors.

I found out that most of the errors were becouse of changes in mechanics in B18, and some becouse a ireally overlooked SK compatibility...

So now you can test it with no fears, and give some feedback.

Harry, the idea you gave its awsome. Why not make some vaccines to increase longevity? Why not a speciual food that increases the rate of wool production?

Im gona look into that, and see if i can come up with a great update. Thank you.

Thanks MightyGooga, that's great news! I look forward to reinstalling the mod and trying it out. I'm excited to see what kind of pellets you come up with next!

runnerup4

i couldn't make the veggie and protein animal rations with Vanilla version. I changed the thingDefs in Recipes_AnimalH (RecipeDefs) in the mod, to RawPotatoes, RawCorn, RawRice, and Hay, and I could make the rations and then pellets. I just post this in case others have a similar problem.

Ri0Rdian

Quote from: runnerup4 on January 15, 2018, 12:55:12 PM
i couldn't make the veggie and protein animal rations with Vanilla version. I changed the thingDefs in Recipes_AnimalH (RecipeDefs) in the mod, to RawPotatoes, RawCorn, RawRice, and Hay, and I could make the rations and then pellets. I just post this in case others have a similar problem.

Can confirm, this is needed for Vanilla version to be able to make ANY pellet. You can easily check that for yourself by putting up a job and there are no items to filter... since they use wrong names in the Recipe for the plants... the RawMeat is the only one that is ok. The above fix solves that. Also, Protein Pellets are strongUER.

Edit:
For some reason, my colonists keep picking up and carrying with them Protein Pellets. They don't eat them, just carry them around, I am baffled by this.

MightyGooga

All right! Thanks for the feedback. The github link has been updated and the def files have been corrected.
I apologize for the previous version, I used PlantPotato instead of RawPotato in a derp moment of mine. Well, its corrected now. Have fun.

Ri0Rdian

Quote from: MightyGooga on January 25, 2018, 01:48:38 PM
All right! Thanks for the feedback. The github link has been updated and the def files have been corrected.
I apologize for the previous version, I used PlantPotato instead of RawPotato in a derp moment of mine. Well, its corrected now. Have fun.

Do you know why my colonists keep picking up and carrying around Protein Pellets? They don't seem to eat it (god forbid!) so I don't know what's going on, only that my animals suddenly have nothing to eat since all their rations are carried by colonists for some reason!  :o

Awesome mod btw, it made my life much easier while allowing me to keep lots of animal friends around!

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ri0Rdian on February 02, 2018, 08:06:33 PM
Do you know why my colonists keep picking up and carrying around Protein Pellets? They don't seem to eat it (god forbid!) so I don't know what's going on, only that my animals suddenly have nothing to eat since all their rations are carried by colonists for some reason!  :o

Every colonist is constantly carrying around a stack of pellets? Only one stack, correct? Hmm, I really have no idea, are you using any other mods that deal with hauling or pawn inventory?

sidfu

the stuff has food value so its probaly for food. also people set as a tamer will gopick up some

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: sidfu on February 03, 2018, 06:01:07 AM
the stuff has food value so its probaly for food. also people set as a tamer will gopick up some

Yes, of course colonists will carry food for animal taming/training. That's half the point, besides colony animals eating daily, right? However, the way that Ri0Rdian described his problem made me think that his pawns are carrying around his entire stock of pellets, as in it's a bug and the pellets are stuck in a pawn's inventory, and not just the ones that are on their way to do any animal taming or training.

Am I not understaning what Ri0 posted, or are you not understanding why I would ask those questions to Ri0?

Quote from: Ri0Rdian on February 02, 2018, 08:06:33 PM
only that my animals suddenly have nothing to eat since all their rations are carried by colonists