[1.0] Vanilla Armour Expanded

Started by OskarPotocki, July 25, 2019, 01:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OskarPotocki

Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=11xVrscUAdlxCD9ZZqjoGtHVxTkDSFyaX

1.0.0 (26/07/2019): Release.

We can all agree that in vanilla game, the peak of technological progress is a set of power armor. The way to get there? Through Flak pants, jackets and vests. After playing this game for so long, I became tired of using the same armor over and over again - no variety in content leads to no variety in gameplay. This is exactly the reason why me and Trunken decided to create an Armour Expansion!

Vanilla Armour Expanded is part of a series of mods expanding on everyday life on the Rimworld. When paired together with a brand new Vanilla Weapons Expanded and Vanilla Apparel Expanded, you can bring something to your game that will keep you interested in it for days.

Armor is spread across several new technologies that need to be researched which in turn adds valuable game time before you achieve everything there is to achieve. New items cover all technological eras, from wooden armours of neolithic tribes, through chainmails and chestplates of medieval kingdoms, bulletproof vests and ghillie suits of the modern era combat all the way to two, brand new variants of a regular marine armor - one of them with an integrated ranged shield belt!

Pawns go bold when wearing a ballistic goggles - this is currently hard coded into the game and I have no way around it. I recommend using [KV] Show Hair with Hats mod to get rid of this problem:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1180826364

No other issues are currently being tracked.

Please report any bugs in a discussion board called "Bugs".

Q: Is it Combat Extended compatible?
A: At the time of writing, the patch is being worked on and can be expected in a few days.

Q: Do these armours spawn on enemies?
A: Yes, these pieces of apparel have necessary tags to spawn on all the pawns in the game.

Q: Can I request a feature?
A: Yes, please use "Requests" discussion board.

Q: Why is your mod special?
A: I am a vanilla player. Anything that doesn't suit vanilla game makes me cringe and I stay away from it. I did however find the game lacking after some time, therefore I've created these sets of armor to be as accurate and as close to vanilla graphics style as possible. What is special? The best part is - nothing in this mod is special at all. Nothing will make you go "Oh that's unusual", because the whole purpose of this mod is to blend into the existing game.

Q: Is this mod save game compatible?
A: Yes, you can add it and remove it whenever you like. Bear in mind that if you add it to an existing save, you need to update all the stockpile settings to include these items.

Q: Do you accept commissions?
A: Yes, I do. Please find me on RimWorld discord which I will link in the Links section below. Name is OskarPotocki.

Q: Will you keep updating this mod?
A: Yes, but not often. I have worked hard and for a long time to make a list of armors that I'd like to see added and I have added them. If some feature request catches my attention, I will add it. I plan to release several add-ons to this mod, most notably "Raiders" add-on and "Spacer Apparel" add-on.

Q: Raiders wearing ghillie suits have their name removed and I can't click them!
A: That's a feature, making it harder for you to spot them on a map.

Graphics are created by me, Oskar Potocki.

XML and C# created by Trunken.

Rimworld is owned by Tynan Sylvester.

Ghillie suit code created by Ogliss.

(CC BY-NC-ND 4.0)

Every dollar donated allows me and Trunken to spend more time refining the mods and creating new content. If you're feeling generous, even the smallest donation is always welcome!

Bunkier

ManHuntingSquirrel

I'm 100% making a human skin balaclava
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO

jayerbayer

Your Vanilla style mods look extremely high quality. I will be using all three and cannot wait until you finish the other two.

OskarPotocki

Quote from: jayerbayer on July 27, 2019, 07:34:39 AM
Your Vanilla style mods look extremely high quality. I will be using all three and cannot wait until you finish the other two.

But... they are finished!

xRg

Hi, OskarPotocki!
I don't know you read this post amymore, but if you do - i maked a russian localization of this mod:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YrT7lq3_8olYMVNqIsQ9CVdT-BNyCpqu

alexo

my rim aare very faster, they runs like Flash super hero... it is a bug??

Monzer