[1.1-A17] Holy Washer! Get rid of that tainted effect in more immersive way!

Started by sma342, September 16, 2017, 10:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sma342

HOLY WASHER

Halinka 2000 is the newest washer from SMA Industries. With it you can wash all your clothes only with power! (for now)
New textures made by HCSK team!

But how does it works?
It simply removes tainted effect from any apparel without breaking it or changing type or color of it. It comes with realistic sound of washing machine! And that's really everything what it does.

But why this even was made?
Because we wanted to make more immersive way to get rid of that tainted effect from clothes and that's really it.

Who created this great thing?
Original C# code - Blacharnia
C# Code - Mlie
Xml code and artwork - sma342

Further Plans
- Adding soap system and its crafting
- Adding clothes cleanliness system
- Adding compatibility with DUBS Bad Hygiene mod

Downloads

[B19]

[B18]

[A17]

If you will find any bugs or conflicts please report those there.

Legal stuff
You may do everything with this unless you make money on it.
You can use it in your modpack when you want.

Credits
Mlie for updating and helping me to add more content to this mod!
Much thanks to Glendening's friend for side and back textures!
erdelf - for helping with updating it to b18!
coalcat - for making metal basin textures for older versions!
HCSK team for making textures for 1.0 release!

V1.4.1

SpaceDorf

Endorsed by any major religion.

Consecrated Water not included, available at your local Cleric.
Installment plan possible, payable in Tithes, Prayers or Sacrifices for the rest of your mortal live.

----

I take two for my colony.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

dburgdorf

Quote from: ChaosChronicler on September 16, 2017, 12:37:53 PMBut does it come with a dryer? :P

No. The fine print reveals the mod's downside: "The 'worn by corpse' debuff is removed, but it's replaced by a new 'clothing squishes when I walk' debuff."  :D
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Flimflamshabam

Been thinkin this should be a thing since I picked up rimworld again. Just always was a bit of a hassle recycling clothes so I could remake them and so on.

Kori

It looks great so far, but I would like to add some suggestions. :)

Could you please make the whole process a bit more demanding? Right now it is just too easy to mass-remove the debuff from everything in no time.
Things that would help:
-add some kind of detergent you have to produce in the chemlab which can be used to "fuel" the machine for a few usages
-make the washing process take longer, it could be easily 300% or more of what it is right now
-add a specific research so that you have to invest some time before you can unlock this feature which will make your life a lot easier

When you want to keep the basic version, maybe you can add these features in an advanced version?

Also it would be nice if it would be possible to rotate the washing machine.

Flimflamshabam

Not really as a suggestion for this mod, but generally, it'd be interesting to see a cleanliness mechanic for clothes, they could last longer durability wise than they do now but deteriorate faster when dirty as well as give a minor mood debuff, with a nice mood buff for recently washed clothes.

sma342

Thanks for suggestions everyone! We will try to include some of those in next update.

werty112

That moment when you get oneshotted from first shot by first raider that had 0.2% acc

SpaceDorf

werty112

But there isn't any glass in rimworlds. (nor plastic unless modded).
That moment when you get oneshotted from first shot by first raider that had 0.2% acc

SpaceDorf

werty112

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.