[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henk

There's a bug with circle-summoned giant skeletons... They come out wild and will attack randomly and grapple nearby creatures.

henk

Small bug on lich's death :
MakeThing error: SkillOf_TempestStrike is madeFromStuff but stuff=null. Assigning default.

Dropped a skill book for Tempest Strike.

MagicalFungi

ok, I finally found my issue lol. went through all my mods to see which was causing the issue and apparently i had an outdated/broken/corrupted Megafauna mod that was causing all the issues. updated it and everything is working fine, Jecstools and Magic included. FeelsMagicMan

henk

Since Techprints are now part of the game, how about making Magic prints for advanced magic techs? Portals, Forge, Cultivation, Magic circles, maybe expert techs could all take magic prints to research, obtainable through quests and possibly some magic interactions:
Magic circle recipe to spawn a random print
Some sort of printing class (Alchemist, Rune mage?)
Scribing table recipe for some common prints

In addition, some of the techs could have hugely inflated research costs; since adding additional prints to already unlocked researches gives you half the remaining research, it would be worthwhile to acquire some extra prints before starting the research, to finish in a reasonable time.

MZ

The technomancer's techno-bit doesnt seem to do any explosive damage with its mini-grenade. Any time I check if there are wounds on the foes it hit, there was none. Once a grenade exploded right next to a chicken and it was unharmed. EMP damage from the later upgrade does function. This happens while not usin CE or any other mods that directly influence the combat.

henk

Since the Loot Box mod has not been updated to 1.1, can we get loot box-like items in RoM? An expensive item which drops several items, mostly RoM-related, would be lots of fun; and a spell, possibly cantrip, which acts like the Pandora box, spawning several events that might help or hinder you.

Or maybe just a mad scientist mage with random abilities.

kullm82

Can you possibly provide weapons for a priest?

NRFBToyStore

Quote from: henk on April 14, 2020, 09:47:29 PM
Since the Loot Box mod has not been updated to 1.1, can we get loot box-like items in RoM? An expensive item which drops several items, mostly RoM-related, would be lots of fun; and a spell, possibly cantrip, which acts like the Pandora box, spawning several events that might help or hinder you.

Or maybe just a mad scientist mage with random abilities.

HAHA! Yes, give ChaosMage evocation! Maybe he makes a cool staff, maybe he opens a portal to a HIVE that jumps through, WHO KNOWS, let's roll the dice and watch.

Magically Gifted

Random suggestion , so i was playing with a vampire blood mage and i just thought if it possible for a scroll/spell to force an eclipse so he for a limited time (maybe upgradable)  can go out and defend with the rest of the colonists + it can be useful and harmful to all the pawns that cant adapt to lower accuracy in low level light with a big cooldown and significant mana cost .
after further thinking why not a spell for rain too ( can help with spreading wild fires ) .

Canute

I think the eclipse would be a thing for the magical circle.
But the mod author abandon the forum awhile ago, so you should made your suggestion at his discord channel.

henk

Bug : mechanoids are immune to Eye of the Storm. Lightnings will strike them, but they take no damage.

darklaguna

I encountered a very annoying bug: one of my characters lost all his command icons (draft, cancel action, et cetera). Combing through the error log, I noticed that it was throwing an exception that stamina was null. It turns out that a scroll I read a while back on this pawn (a physically adept pawn, but no class yet) gave him an ability even though it didn't show up, and next time I loaded that save, it expected that pawn to have stamina since he had a physical ability learned (it was a repair gear scroll). To fix it, I had to go into my save and edit it to remove that skill from the pawn, and his icons showed up again.

TLDR: don't read any scrolls until you actually have a class, or it can bug out that character.

If anyone wants to pass that along to the mod creator, feel free to do so. I'm not going to jump through more hoops to create a discord account because he doesn't want to post on the official game forums. =P

mohreb

What happens if a chaos mage spends skill points on "sub" skills, then uses his ability to reroll them?

henk

All points are refunded, use them at will.

Galethvia

I encountered a bug when a druid tries to use the cure disease spell.  It causes them to freeze until you reload the game.