Rimworld needs a safty warning.

Started by Vonholtz, December 30, 2014, 03:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonholtz

This game is bad for your heath as well as it maybe a time machine. It may need a warning much like this. "This game may cost you a lack of sleep, no drive to do any thing else but play it, and a unexplained lose of time. Game at your own risk."

As for it being a time machine. I can not prove it is one. But I got Rimworld Christmas day. After watching a few YouTubers playing it. So I did the family Christmas dinner and went home to play this new game I bought. So I started playing. Now I looked at the clock and it was 7:30 PM so I thought I will play for half hour and see if there any thing on TV at 8pm. So I played for a time and then looked at my clock half hour later and it was 4am. Time machine or not it up to you to find out on your own. But some place I lost 8 and a half hours and I do not think it was aliens because I had on my tinfoil hat. LoL ;D

Realy great game this is simple but fun in a old school game style but with much more. and well worth the money. I will get hours of play with Rimworld and it is a realy fun game.

Oh P.S. Thank god I did not have to go to work the next day. LoL

Shinzy

This happens everytime I get my filthy paws on some new game that really really gets to me

Col_Jessep

Quote from: Shinzy on December 30, 2014, 06:26:15 AM
This happens everytime I get my filthy paws on some new game that really really gets to me
Yup, This War of Mine kept me awake till 7 AM this morning. For some reason I'm drawn to games with extremely punishing fail conditions. Dwarf Fortress, XCOM, RimWorld, KSP...

Planetary Annihilation Imminent

Wurmfist

QuoteYup, This War of Mine kept me awake till 7 AM this morning. For some reason I'm drawn to games with extremely punishing fail conditions. Dwarf Fortress, XCOM, RimWorld, KSP...

I wouldn't say that KSP has punishing fail conditions. Other than things going BOOM horribly you can recover fairly easily unless you refuse to use the "revert to..." modes. Rimworld is just brutal, even on the easy settings (for me, anyways).

ShootyFace

I wish more games drew me in like RimWorld, but honestly, they are few and far between. Call me jaded, I guess. I have been playing since the Kickstarter ended and still have those days. Was off yesterday and thought I'd play an hour or two, ended up having an amazing run on Cassandra Classic at the Challenge difficulty. Started playing around 8am and didn't turn it off until almost 5pm. All vanilla, too. Great day off, honestly. I really think this game is going to explode when it gets on Steam.
"Oh boy, I can finally have my colonists paint the outer wall with Raider blood and hang a sign by the main door that says: "Looking for Donations"
I'm sure that'll make the Raiders feel welcome. :3" ~TheXIIILightning

rbos

Quote from: Wurmfist on December 30, 2014, 08:41:36 AM
I wouldn't say that KSP has punishing fail conditions. Other than things going BOOM horribly you can recover fairly easily unless you refuse to use the "revert to..." modes. Rimworld is just brutal, even on the easy settings (for me, anyways).

"Revert to" doesn't help when you're in orbit around Duna and you're out of fuel. :(

Utherix

It really does... I can't believe how much time I've sunk into this game in just a few days...