[Shelfed]Project : Eon's The Gameplay Overhaul

Started by Kolljak, January 22, 2015, 05:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolljak

Welcome to Project EONS

What EONS is
Project EONS Project EONS aims to overhaul the gameplay of RimWorld to bring new culture and technological advancements to the game. You begin your trek with no advanced tech and must advance from the very basics of civilization, beginning in the stone age. Progressing through the ages, your citizens will learn how to create fire, forge weapons, create castles and other buildings, research advanced technology, and explore the world.

Future Plans

Stone Age Art = 5%
Stone Age Complete = 10%
Bronze Age Art = 15%
Bronze Age Completion = 20%
Medieval Age Art = 25%
Medieval Complete = 30%
Renaissance Art = 35%
Renaissance Complete = 40%
Industrial Rev Art = 45%
Industrial Rev Complete = 50%
Modern Age Art = 55%
Modern Age Complete = 60%
Advanced Age Art = 65%
Advanced Complete = 70%
Forming XML = 80%
Forming .dll = 90%
Finalization and Rebalancing Complete = 100%

Steps we are going to take

Art first and Tech Tree Design for all era's
after all art is compiled and feature removal and adding we will make sure we have everything we will need
Collect and or create XML's and .dll's for features and additions we are using. [including permission and licenses.]
Peice these lovelys together into a working mod file broken into 3 parts if nessesary as to not cause to much problems. [Part 1 Agriculture] [Part 2 Tech] [Part 3 Assets] all 3 mods will be needed to run. if not all in one file.
Testing will Begin and alterations will be made to xml data to balance the mod out as to make it not Completely unplayable like random randy on Serious challange :D
after testing we will release the lovly v0.1 of EONS to the awaiting mass's in RELEASED section.

Testing will include first 3 difficulties of all Story Tellers.
if you are interested in being a tester or are able to fill any of the blank roles in red above the SPECIAL thanks please send me a PM.

StoneAge -> CopperAge

Mods

Hermit's Farm Mod
Evul's Project Armory

Roles

Project Lead: Kolljak
Artist:
Artist:
Artist:
C# Coder:
C# Coder:
C# Coder:
Tester:
Tester:
Tester:
Code Checker:
Code Checker:

Special Thanks To..
Remus For assisting in the organization and process of creating this mod.
EatKenny for helping me start Artwork Tinkering prossess.
Winter Hermit for allowing me to use his Hermit's Farm Mod
EdB for letting me use his EdB mods such as EdB ModOrder EdB PrepareCarfully and EdB Scenarios
Celthric Aysen For giving me access to IndustrialRim's Assets

Kolljak

Many of the things i am lookin for as key features in this mod are
Enchance resources such as  Cotton > Cloth Corn = Cornoil = fine meal or for more advanced
Plasteel + Titanium[metal + coal in Industrial Factory forging] = Kevlar so on so forth.

the essantial start will be you can only grow berries and make basic sleeping spots and a research table of wood and work your way up the tech for a long time while fighting your environment and locals.

Things to make

Resources and their spawning locations for map or world generation
Custom Building types such as my inovative Castle Towers 3x3 9sq [Automatically Shoots Arrows in 1.5s intervals] and wooden tower 2x2 4sq [requires manned person to tell them when to fire fires in 2.5s intervals] and a 3 x 2 or 6 sq castle gate [which castle walls being 2 x 2 also made of different stone types and can be shot over by towers]

Many other features such as different furniture. i would like to have a system to where it replaces the old furniture once you hit a tech as to not cluster up the Architect menu. so if you hit the tech to get medieval furniture your primitive furniture is unmake-able and replaced.

want_some

sounds like a good mod idea. i really like the research table tier idea. with this i will deff try out this mod when its ready.

also, i would love to be a tester!

Learning to mod while also updating TTM Mod!
Full credit goes to Minami26

Kolljak

Well i need some-one who can C++ or has knowledge of how to alter the tech tree. my skill at C++ as i said is 5/20.

FabulousRemus

Kolljak

found a tower ill include my rough draft too this one was free to use and its someone else's sure as hell alot better then mine.

Feel free to laugh at my rough draft.

or

Final one - Created by someone else free for use.

want_some

Quote from: Kolljak on January 23, 2015, 11:18:50 AM
Well i need some-one who can C++ or has knowledge of how to alter the tech tree. my skill at C++ as i said is 5/20.

I am learning to do C# coding. i can try to help out if i can. Just send me a pm on what you would like me to start on or a list of things that need to be done and ill try to get something done. also a pm about how you will be keeping things updated between the other coders too! lol any anything else that will help!

Kolljak

I apologize want_some can you do XML its XML that we need not C# well im sure at some point we will need both but its XML we need most of all.

milon

This is a pretty great idea.  Have you seen The Metal Age?  Sounds very similar.  You could collaborate, or at least help each other out.

Kolljak

Well from what I've seen of the metal age it only does Technology mine will eventually have technology in it but it is more spread out from sticks to computer chips kinda mentality so im not just focusing on Technology but gear farming animal husbandy traps new tower-like turrets that fire arrows instead of shots :D lots of fun features. but we are still in the planning phase and thanks to a few new artists who know about the copper and bronze age we are adding a few new things in and removing a few others.

Fun Feature [Burial Sites] [Location to bury more than 1 corpse max 4]

Stannis

Awesome concept!

Are you going to try to get a playable version and then add from there? Or wait until you have a bunch of stuff then release?

want_some

Quote from: Kolljak on January 24, 2015, 09:58:17 AM
I apologize want_some can you do XML its XML that we need not C# well im sure at some point we will need both but its XML we need most of all.

That's fine. i can do both xD I know more about xml then C# so thats a good thing lol

Kolljak

We are going to add each era until finished work in segments so its nice and simple. we got permission to use tools and assets from many other modders also so it should be easy.

Ironvos

Implementing things is easy.
It's testing, fixing, tweaking and balancing where all the time goes  :)

Kolljak

The actual peicing it together probably wont happen until version 9

we are collecting Art and options atm :D and what we are gona try to add to content

1 thing we are gona do later but atm dont have any way to start doing is see if we can implment some sort of script or code to limit the bandits gear to that of your own tech so if u bronze age all enemies will use bronze gear and below. so as not to be using wood bows and stone spears agianst ak47's and rpg's

It would also lead to Skirmish's such as Knight Archers and Spearmen vs the same setup and formations :D shields in front spears behind and archers rear.