Whats your story of the most horrible thing you did in Rimworld?

Started by Daemoneyes, February 17, 2015, 04:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemoneyes

I harvest the eyes of Raiders that wont convert / are abraisive and release them.
By now the planet i colonized must have almost hundred blind stumbling around.
Thought its a fitting punishment for laying eyes on what's not yours.

And one time i slowly cooked a group of visitors in a room with a geyser.

So what is your dark little secret? :)

Vexare

Wow. Here I thought I was cruel for euthanizing my colony's favorite doctor (and harvesting her organs) after she became brain damaged and wandered around aimlessly with little ability to do anything. Your examples make me look like a merciful saint by comparison. :P

Edit: Probably the only thing I can think of that was purposely mean was to aggravate an ancient ship AI right when a large party of neighboring allies was 'passing by' and then having that colonist run away and hide so that the neighbor's group had to do the fighting of the mechanoid. I considered that valid tactics! :P

postm00v

I cut off both arms from a prisoner who was really good at melee. Then set him free, obviously.

StorymasterQ

I foresee a good many quotes in this thread that will fit my signature.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Hayhorse

I like to freeze visitors to death on cold maps. Especially Ice-sheets, Half the time one or two of them drop from hypothermia then they try to flee.... Then the rest drop. There last mistake was coming to my colony. But that was the last mistake they ever made.

Halinder

When a melee fighter of mine managed to cleave an entire raiding party entering our base's door (dismembering many), I began a week-long scenario of constantly switching limbs from prisoner to prisoner. If after a few days, for example, someone still reverted back to below the required loyalty, I removed their legs and handed them off to whoever else actually needed them. Eventually we got two people out of the whole ordeal before a lapse in colony food stores demanded we stop for the sake of mental breaks, so I sealed off the prison room with the exhaust side of a cooler facing inward.

ShootyFace

Back in alpha 6 or 7, when there was no 'cure' for a colonist whose leg had been lost, I would select a bedroom and turn the bed into a medical bed, and send them there. Then I'd switch the bed back to colonist use, which would eject the one-legged colonist onto the floor. To die. Alone. Helpless. Where nobody had to see or hear it go down.

And I had to do it often. I'm sure there's a special place in hell for me.  :P
"Oh boy, I can finally have my colonists paint the outer wall with Raider blood and hang a sign by the main door that says: "Looking for Donations"
I'm sure that'll make the Raiders feel welcome. :3" ~TheXIIILightning

Vexare

Y'all are some evil overlords!  ::)

I thought bringing up the topic of keeping colonists locked away as 'slaves' was morally questionable but I definitely feel better about that plan after reading all these confessions haha.

Mikhail Reign

Using the mod that lets you install 'hive minds', which gives the colonist the average skills of all the people with it installed, I had a prison full of people with no arms, legs, eyes, or internal organs (on life support) with the hive mind installed, and then used the remaining prisoners as expendable drones - if they died it didn't matter, the ones on life support kept the average up.

That or my live in psychotic cannibal. I sealed him in a room only accessible via a conveyor. My colonists would load the bodies onto the conveyor, he would strip and butcher the bodies, make a couple of meals for himself and then send everything back out. He lived in that 4x4 room for about 3 years without seeing the sun.

BattleFalcon

My colony was starving in the middle of winter, so I dug up some frozen raider corpses and butchered them.
Look for Cassandra "Cassie" Ryan ingame! That's me!

Tynan

Quote from: BattleFalcon on February 18, 2015, 01:53:10 AM
My colony was starving in the middle of winter, so I dug up some frozen raider corpses and butchered them.

I can't tell you how delightful it is to hear that :)
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Fruit loops

Well it twas, winter, A long long winter. We we're just recovering from a raid, we ate the dead, and the survivors... we we're still hungry, A slave trader, came by, we found a female slave that fit our needs, cheap and useless, we had her do the chores she could be for she dropped, we... we ate her.

But that's just zeh beginning, our cook, he was a nice man, but not useful for much, we did what we had to do. he was eaten the way he would have wanted to be eaten, raw, he was a cannibal, why couldn't we eat raw human? it was a another day, another death, of our own.

Our miner, Zoe she went insane, considering, she didn't know if she was next to be eaten next, and the fact we ate a fellow colonist raw, it just... it.... it sent her over the edge. It was sad to see her go.

but it was another day lived. We sent good-man, out to hunt, we got raided, while he was out, they kidnapped him, at least he took 3 of him down with him, another few days to survive.

Spring is apoun us. Still no traders. we finally gave up.

It being spring and the growing season not until summer, we didn't have much choice. we scraped beds, stoves, containers, SHIT everything we could, it was the only source of metal left, the turrets, we hurried, we deconstructed anything we could find, we still didn't have room for 1 colonist, his name was kacy, nice guy, but he was the newest... we shot him incapacitated and lift off!

We did some nasty thing, but we survived. it was necessary the rest of us survived right? i hope so, this glitter world we landed on is a bit advanced for us, we already had a former colonist hang her self.

Last log- Zane Loops.

(the last part about the glitter world is fake :P) (duh)

The guy who suggested the mood debuff for harvesting prisoner organs.

karlnp

I left a deer to die in the woods of an extreme infection (untreated) because it was an innocent bystander to machine gun hunting, and so my colonists didn't pick it up automatically.

Coenmcj

I occassionly have a colony of reavers... sewing the skin of my victims into clothes for my colonists and devouring the flesh, operating any and all machinery with no regards for safety And not a single fortification in sight, leaving the majority of wounds open... I could go on. (:<
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

DeltaV

One time I made a colony full of cannibal sociopaths. This was before prosthetics were in the game, so when somebody lost a leg they got eaten. Turns out this isn't a sound long-term plan.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.