Whats your story of the most horrible thing you did in Rimworld?

Started by Daemoneyes, February 17, 2015, 04:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FridayBiology

A7/8, 6/70year old tribeswomen double peg one legged, set to haul only.
A8, removed legs off possible "solely cooking colonist" prisoner to get rid of cabin fever.
A8, dug up frozen corpses to feed colonists for half a winter, they ate the meat raw.
A9, removed organs from raiders, stripped them of everything, and released them for positive condition with faction with only herbal medicine and denied meals...
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Kagemusha12

Compared to others I guess I haven´t been all too extreme.

The most extreme thing, I guess, was after a raid in which one of my colonists got one of his lungs destroyed ... I captured one of the raiders and removed his corresponding lung in order to transplant it into said colonist ... as they say: "An eye for an eye" or, in this case: "A lung for a lung"
Afterwards I sold the captured raider to the next slave trader who appeared.

Aside from this I only do the usual things ... selling raiders to slavery and often keeping them in non climatized cells, which in at least one case resulted in a death by hypothermia.

Endoric

Made one of my more annoying colonists melee a herd of deer while naked till the deer beat him to incapacitation.  Left him to die till a dry thunder storm started a fire.. So i made a medical sleeping spot near the fire and 'rescued' him to burn to death....

Treldent

I once opened two ancient cryptosleep casket's and block the room off, leaving them to vomit their organ's out and starve to death, i really needed that LMG though...

knord

Got an old man with bad eyes, bad back but is an amazing researcher.
The only thing he does is research.
And the cabin fever get's lowered with some cleaning now and then.

I do have a tribe I try to keep at high standing so they fight raiders for me.
Lot's of bodies ...

migsidi

I have a dinning room were all the visiting colonys come, so that when they try to eat in there i lock them in. Inside the dinning room i have 5 heaters and begin cooking them so that i can take their stuff and rescue them to gain favor and being abble to amputate a few parts they proaberly don't need.

Chonchon

Changed my mind. it's definitely the way my flame troopers incinerate bodies after a battle... without bothering about whether or not said bodies are still alive.

Adamiks

When my colonists was hungry in the middle of winter... I started eat killed enemies.... After butchering them i created some clothes from they skins. I also rescue one guy that was bitten by a zombie and i taked his brain... He think that we will rescue him, but we do this only for that, for his brain, like zombies...

And one time colonist just wanna go away. I do not let him go away from my..... Town. We catched him and... we killed him. He was one of my first colonists, but he was weak...

milon

Quote from: migsidi on March 21, 2015, 03:58:19 AM
I have a dinning room were all the visiting colonys come, so that when they try to eat in there i lock them in. Inside the dinning room i have 5 heaters and begin cooking them so that i can take their stuff and rescue them to gain favor and being abble to amputate a few parts they proaberly don't need.

Incap them, loot them, harvest them, and gain reputation for it?  I love it!  ;D

Wex

Alpha 7, desert colony, 56 colonists.
No food in the map, beside my extensive hydrophonic farms.
Not enough. Food traders were scarce. Raids were not.
My 4 chefs were working all day long creating meals for the colonist. They found that any meat could work.
What happens in the desert, they say...
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

antibodee

Four doctors, 2 cooks, 2 slaves (hauling and cleaning).  I would only ever recruit another person if one of my positions 'emptied' out.  Tons of trap structures setup to wipe out any incoming armies.  Survivors are stripped of kidney, lung, then heart, then butchered and consumed.  If they die in the attack, they are butchered and consumed.  Don't need a single farm. 

asanbr

I butcher people and take out organs to sell and all that, but it's become so standard I don't think much about it.

Some things I do that I didn't read in this thread yet, in no particular order:

1. During raids, I have sometimes let out a prisoner by tearing down the wall or leaving the door open, so that they will escape, only to function as decoy and draw fire away from my people and turrets. This works with pirate prisoners for tribal raids and vice versa.

2. I was a bit low on people and turret materials when preparing to activate and take down an alien ship. I set my Animal zone 1 to be next to the ship, sent my pet warg over and bought some extra dogs and had them walk around there before activating the ship. Again, for decoy, and it worked amazingly. Animals cost very little for the usefulness in this kind of situation.

3. I regularly starve prisoners to save food, and I also starve them to 87% when they fall out of bed and become "risk of death" because then you can put them in cryptosleep caskets without actually hurting them. Then they can be stored indefinitely, and I'll take them out 1 at a time for recruiting or organ farming over a long time period, to balance out food costs and mood losses.

4. I activate alien ships and then leave them there for as  long as possible, if I have the time I also build barriers on the map to lead raids, travellers and visitors into passing by them. This can absorb a lot of raids, and visitors get killed which drops loot.
Sometimes you can save visitors and gain reputation. And on ice maps or winter season it's the best, because once the aliens are weak énough or I just decide to take them out, I can easily harvest 30-50 corpses from the battlefield and buthcer up and sell for money like usual.

5. I get really annoyed with mad squirrels and other useless events that slow the game down. I woudln't bother if the game allowed me to override the speed decrease, but as it is now it's just too much. My solution as of few days ago is whenver a mad squirrel or hare happens, I activate dev mode and play the lightning bolt game. It's quite fun by itself and I enjoy it especially because it gives some feeling of revenge against all those mad squirrels that ruined my life so many times.

Shurp

If you had waited just four days to post this you would have succeed in getting a full year out of that thread necro... damn...

...but considering how evil this thread is, I can't say that it's an inappropriate target of thread necromancy :)

I'm not nearly into evil as everyone else who plays this game it seems, but I did have one victim of a bullet to the brain stumbling about uselessly who I told to strip naked and walk off onto the ice sheet.  I sent someone out to pick up and incinerate his frozen body shortly afterwards.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Daman453

To train melee I sent my brawler to club the brain dead prisoner I had. He took a finger off before I felt really bad and never did it again.  I don't harvest people, theirs mods for that. I think I'm the least evil person. But I am playing with zombies and I watch as people visit me and stuff. Then bleed out and die.a
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

Shurp

There is something wrong with that.  It's perfectly OK to repeatedly shoot and torture your prisoners but it's a major mood penalty to execute them?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.