Whats your story of the most horrible thing you did in Rimworld?

Started by Daemoneyes, February 17, 2015, 04:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hesoyam

I incoporate sleeping spot legless guests into my entrance kill box thing, if the raiders have plenty of melee I fall back to secondary positions and then hose the entire room with fire while they deal with the maimed fodder

That way they also stay fresh longer in my desert colony and I can still cash in if a slaver comes, multitasking ho! :P

Panzer

Well, my grower died in a raid once, and with a lot of surviving raiders I had a little bit of a food problem. I was pretty pissed so I stored the dead raiders in the prison and set up a butcher table, unticked the gets food option for every prisoner and butchered away. Raw cannibalism at its best!  ;D

My social guy must have really had a way with words though, everyone stayed sane and even converted later on  :D

Listy

My two worst things:

1: A colonist I'd taken on in the very early stages was pissing me off with too smart and constantly doing a Fraser ("We're all doomed!"/mental brake imminent). So one winters day I removed all his gear, gave him a tribal wear, and drafted him and stood him in the far corner of the map.
Eventually he broke and ran off the table with some serve frost bite.

The other bad one was when I needed a Prisoner so that my Warden could get his skill up and keep it up. So I took someone prisoner who had the best combination of traits to keep them from flipping out, then installed and then removed a bionic leg so that if they did go wacko they'd be Pre-immobilised.

Dr. Z

At the start of my current colony I was visited by a 19-year-old girl which grew up in a cave on a toxic world. Because she didn't learned to read until her teens she decided to become a teacher so the other kids would have a better future.

When she visited me, she must have wondered whats behind this door in the mountain and accidentally walked into my prison. And stayed there. And suddenly I remembered that you can lock doors in Alpha 8.

When I opened it again, I took her clothes and her gear and buried her on my colonists graveyard, with a honestly bad feeling.
Prasie the Squirrel!

christhekiller

Two things

Released a prisoner and had a hunting party chase them down and kill them for teh lols
Removed hearts from prisoners, put them in a 4x4 room, and set that room on fire as a sacrifice to my colonies guards

Boboid

Well I still cut the legs off of ALL my prisoners who look like they'll be subject to cabin fever..
(Install peg leg, remove peg leg in vanilla)

And I still butcher all the human corpses I come across and turn their skin into cowboy hats which my colonists are frequently wearing.. and sometimes Dusters.. in fact my colonists have been known to wear entirely human skin outfits...

And of course the meat is still worth selling so I typically have freezers full of human meat..
In fact come to think of it my planet's main exports at this point are probably humans in.. various forms...

And I can never be bothered cleaning up incapacitated animals after animal swarm events so I typically have like.. 20 incapacitated animals on my front doorstep just wobbling away for weeks before they bleed out or die of infection...
Occasionally the ones incapacitated by blunt weapons starve to death.. or some get up and go about their business (Albiet extremely wounded).

And of course there's that time on a cold world where I stored all the human meat in my colonists bedrooms - They didn't seem to mind though :P
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Dr. Z

Not the most horrible thing but a good excuse to bump up this thread ;)

My miner was working on a far away plasteel mine. He wasn't as good as now so it took him a while. But there was some raw meet supply drop near the mine and because I wanted to speed things up I placed him a sleeping spot next to it, hoping he would stay there for one or two days.

Of course he immediately got food poisoning and couldn't do shit. He almost had a mental break while vomiting back to the base because he was really pissed about the situation (sleeping outside + sleeping on the ground + tired (I waked him) + sick + ate raw food + whatnot...).
Prasie the Squirrel!

EscapeZeppelin

Through repeated clicking I managed to get all psychically deaf colonists. Then when the ship part fell I just left it there. Or rather I built a golden temple around it and had them worship it. The psychic droning became so intense that pawns who wander onto the map quickly go insane. Anyone who doesn't go crazy gets recruited into our mad space cult.

hyperpeople

Quote from: EscapeZeppelin on March 19, 2015, 08:27:35 AM
Through repeated clicking I managed to get all psychically deaf colonists. Then when the ship part fell I just left it there. Or rather I built a golden temple around it and had them worship it. The psychic droning became so intense that pawns who wander onto the map quickly go insane. Anyone who doesn't go crazy gets recruited into our mad space cult.
This is actually a really good idea :D

Once though it's a good idea to lock about 8 visitors near my colony in a room and keep them there, only to let tehm out when raiders come.
I didnt feed them, though. So when they were all straving and 2 of them already laying dead on the ground, the raiders finally came.
So I let the visitors out of their prison and they walked away towards the raiders. Before most of them could even hit a single raider, they died.
Only one visitor found his way back to his colony.
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on March 25, 2015, 02:15:46 PM
Its really weird to hear of a colony that isn't run like Auschwitz and selling human leather for a living.

SSS

Ya'll be crazy. >.>

The worst thing I've done is remove a raider prisoner's lung for one of my colonists, since she wasn't of any use to the colony. I let her go free sometime afterwards; I figured a lung was enough of a payment for her life.

MsMeiriona

You mean besides leaving animals to bleed out instead of killing them so I don't have to worry about rotting? I incap them on the front lawn, and leave them there until we need more meat, then bludgeon them to death?

Well, I think my kill corridors are kinda horrible. turrets set back one space from a gap in a wall, in a hall that's narrow enough that to attack the turret you have to go directly in front of it,  rather than worrying about the whole killbox slowing thing, it can be a nice right angle corridor they have to pass through, and since colonists can go behind to the backside of the turret to repair them, not too bad on the damage. So the raiders come in, chasing the colonist with the shield, and, bam, right into a hall-o-doom. Then I get their leather for jackets!

BetaSpectre

My main source of income was to use a turret mined hall. Take the prisoners to sell to slavers/harvest. Feed them human flesh of their compatriots. Sell the skin and meat to bulk traders.

And if any slaves fall out of my grave I toss in a molotov and lock the door.

Every now and then I swap out the outer dungeon door with a wall and see what happens. After the bodies turn into skeletons I bring in the fresh batch of uh new recruits into the nice pleasant stone floors.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

nightblue

Oh man, this thread is such a good read :)  I need to be more imaginative.

I haven't done anything that's not been mentioned in this thread, but the storyteller trolled me pretty hard when I first started playing.  I was running out of food and overjoyed when some meats crashed down from the sky... then when I went to unforbid them, I realized they were human meat -_-

Some of my colonies had since resorted to cannibalism once in a while, but there's nothing quite like getting a nasty surprise from the event system.
Don't mind me, just slacking off and having fun :)

ArtStation
DeviantArt

Chonchon

Probably that one time when my soldiers gathered around a wounded enemy and forced their newest recruit to gut him like a fish in retaliation for a much beloved medic lost in that battle.

Mikhail Reign

My worst... Had a brain damaged canablistic colonist . So I locked them in my prison along with a butchers table and cooking bench. Their job was to convince people to join. The only food source was those who didn't join.

I then took this a step further and walled then into a 4x4 room - conveyors in and out. They stayed in that room for 2 years with just one job - stip and butcher the dead and send out the meat.

Also kept a 16 boy on life support(mod) for a year after I removed every limb and organ you can.