[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Ykara

Quote from: Madman666 on February 19, 2017, 05:54:29 PM
Will you be upgrading 1.9 version to 2.0 on Steam Workshop when new Alpha hits or are you moving EPOE to forums entirely? While Workshop has its quirks, being able to always have latest version is kinda nice and beats scanning forums everyday for an update.
Of course I will, don't worry. I just couldn't upload it to the workshop because it updates automatically, and since 2.0 can potentially cause problems with existing save games I thought that it would cause more harm than good. So I made 2.0 optional for those who start a new colony anyway and want to experience a decluttered and better version of EPOE.

Madman666

Ah, ok, got it :) Thanks for your reply)) I kinda liked vancidium, but I admit it completely throws off anything resembling balance with just one spear worth 50k silver coming your way with a trader on day 5)))

CathDubh

As red error line about "surrogatetable" can be ignored? Will compatibility remain with "a dog said" and others such as combat realism?

Ykara

Quote from: CathDubh on February 19, 2017, 06:53:00 PM
As red error line about "surrogatetable" can be ignored? Will compatibility remain with "a dog said" and others such as combat realism?
Yep, that line can be ignored. Compatibility with combat realism and most other mods remains, but the compatibility patch for A Dog Said doesn't fully work for 2.0. But it shouldn't cause any major problems as far as I know.

Trigon

Uranium instead of vancidium? I'm all for anything that makes uranium a worthwhile thing to have.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: Ykara on February 19, 2017, 04:30:11 PM
EPOE also uses energized components as a way to make later bionics more valuable and expensive while EPOE hardcore just raises the amount of the materials.

It is easy to confuse cost with value, so I'd like to clarify: Cost is the opposite of value, the negative to the merit a thing offers. To make something more expensive is to compare it against all the other things that could be purchased with a higher price.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

XeoNovaDan

Quote from: CathDubh on February 19, 2017, 06:53:00 PM

This error is an easy fix anyway: Go to ADogSaid - EPOE Patch > Defs > RecipeDefs > Recipes_AnimalParts.xml, and change everything that says 'SurrogateTable' (under the RecipeUsers tag) to 'TableOrgans' - recipes using this being found in the lower part of the XML file. That's the beauty of XML-based mods; it's no more than a few tag reference changes.

This is preferably done with the GitHub version as opposed to the Steam Workshop version, as your changes are subject to being reverted should kaptain_kavern (the author of A Dog Said + EPOE patch) update the patch on the workshop, or should Steam make a boo-boo as it's known to do at times.

deathstar

agiber

Do I understand correctly that clavicles and sternums can be fixed now?

sefer

Currently using rimfactions and orassan, their patches for EPOE do not work for 2.0 as they reference old tables and different components.

Trying to fix this on my end to make them work with EPOE, but I don't know 100% how to go about it. What table replaces upgradestation?

Ykara

Quote from: deathstar on February 20, 2017, 06:01:16 AM
Is RMS gonna make a comeback too?
Probably, yes, I'll look into it.

Quote from: agiber on February 20, 2017, 06:02:32 PM
Clavicles yes, sternums no. Since a broken sternum doesn't affect the capabilities of your colonists I don't think it is necessary to have the option to replace it.

Quote from: sefer on February 20, 2017, 07:34:01 PM
Currently using rimfactions and orassan, their patches for EPOE do not work for 2.0 as they reference old tables and different components.

Trying to fix this on my end to make them work with EPOE, but I don't know 100% how to go about it. What table replaces upgradestation?
The upgrading station is actually gone entirely, and its recipes are now on the bionics workbench as well as on the tissue printer, which replaces the surrogate organ workbench.

agiber

Quote from: Ykara on February 21, 2017, 04:58:35 PM

Quote from: agiber on February 20, 2017, 06:02:32 PM

Clavicles yes, sternums no. Since a broken sternum doesn't affect the capabilities of your colonists I don't think it is necessary to have the option to replace it.

Thank you for reply! But look, grey sternum and 12 bionic ribs will look strange. Probably there is no need in "basic" sternum, but plasteel sternum could give +1% blunt armor for example. Would be nice I think.

Sebastian Cigar

Hello there, dear mod author! I'm loving your work so far, I've been frequently viewing this thread and following the updates since, like, forever, though I've yet to create a full-on cyborg colonist, I can't stay devoted to one game for too long and, somehow, coming back to an old one doesn't feel right to me.
EPOE was the one game extension that made me leave Vanilla forever, now I just can't play Rimworld as-is, unmodded.  ;D
I'm very grateful to you for what you've created, although your recent update made me get out of read-only.
Quote from: Ykara on February 21, 2017, 04:58:35 PM
Doesn't a missing sternum make a colonist's heart more vulnerable, atleast statistically? I'm not exactly aware of how bullets behave or how damage is dealt in Rimworld.
I also can't help but agree with the previous poster. 12 aug-ribs and no sternum — that's weird.
I have to add that the sternum is connected to the ribs via cartilage tissue, so adding some hyperweave to the required ingredients list for the recipe of an artificial sternum is a must, in my opinion. Obviously, that would be a mid-game augmentation, not a basic one.
I know that damaged cybernetics don't bleed, and that's quite OP already, but how do you view making such body parts stronger in HP's as compared to natural ones? Is that even possible code-wise?
What is your opinion on scar treatment? One can utilize Glitterworld meds for that in Rah's mod. How about a tissue-repairing nanites injection that would combine the idea used in Mechanite Augmentation mod (it takes up an extra "slot" in a pawn's body part and withers away with time, there's also a downside to using those) and the Luciferium vanilla mechanics (it takes something like, what, 2kk ticks to cure a 2-hp scratch scar? lol)
And, how do you like Haplo's Brainpal from his Miscellaneous mod? Will you ever consider including that nifty thing, or a similar one, in EPOE?

Madman666

I am all up for scar curing solution. Right now EPOE hardcore version is very tempting just because of that simple means - to use some glitter meds and rid yourself of those annoying bunny scratches to the neck you can't replace. Actually could be nice if you could literally replace EVERYTHING, to make a pawn a full android with no bleeding. Of course it would cost astronomical amounts of stuff... But man - a working cyborg with replaceable parts, no bleed, more damage absorption! How cool that would be.

Ykara

To the idea of bionic sternums: The idea of it giving more armor to a colonist or simply having more hitpoints than the natural one seems intriguing of course, but I'm afraid it isn't doable at the time, because there is no slot in the hediffDefs for armor. And the hitpoints of the bionic replacements are always the same as their natural counterparts, so as long as I don't raise their hitpoints too I can't do anything about it unfortunately.

And to the scar fixing: If you have followed the mod you might remember that it actually had an option to fix scars until Alpha 13. But then the assembly didn't get updated anymore and there was no other option to fix scars at that time.  But I'm aware that there are now XML solutions to this problem, so I'll look into that and see if it works as intended.
Thank you again for all your feedback, I really appreciate it!