[Mod][A10] Soulkata Mods: Mecha Tank update!!

Started by soulkata, February 19, 2015, 09:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soulkata

News!

MechaTank bug fix!

Mod List

A10 Ability Pack Tool that helps modders to add special abilities on their Pawns.
A10 Alien Ants Faction New faction of nasty Alien Ants.
A10 Mecha Tanks Add a new tank unit to the pirates faction.
A10 Faction Gauntlet Tool used to measure the faction Ballance, or just see enemies fighting themselves!

Epyk

Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

soulkata

First correction!
Lowered the rate of the Ant attacks, to allow other factions attack too! :) Sorry for the bug!

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Asfalto

Uuuuu cool.

As usual need new world for new faction, even in alpha 9?

SlimeCrusher

Oh that's that ants mod you were talking about, looks awesome! Great job!  ;D

elStrages

skullywag

Is ther anyway to farm them, i want an "alien ant farm"...get it?....no?....just me?...ok.

If you make the ants smaller in the canvas theyll be smaller ingame, also make sure overdraw isnt turned on in your ant def.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

soulkata

Quote from: skullywag on February 20, 2015, 02:55:42 AM
If you make the ants smaller in the canvas theyll be smaller ingame, also make sure overdraw isnt turned on in your ant def.

Thanks for the tip!

Quote from: skullywag on February 20, 2015, 02:55:42 AM
Is ther anyway to farm them, i want an "alien ant farm"...get it?....no?....just me?...ok.

Well, it's a cool idea, but not for this mod... It would be cool Animal Husbadry for native animals, like elks or muffalos... I am planning to make the Ants meat give hight rates of intoxication... Maybe a green meat / blood! :)

Quote from: Asfalto on February 19, 2015, 09:59:34 PM
As usual need new world for new faction, even in alpha 9?

Yep, is the last line in 'How to install:' section!

Viceroy

Man this is awesome. I can't wait to see ants and horrors duking it out in front of my little base. Love the idea of this mod.

Especially once the healer ants are in play. That's gonna be a pretty unique asset for them to have. Maybe making it like a 'goo' secreted by the queen ant. Something that would be ferried to the wounded ants and also possibly be stolen or collected after an attack.

That's just an idea though. Loving the ants, and the look of them is really excellent, they fit perfectly with vanilla.
Dog goes moo!

Zandor

The queen should set up a nest and milk out new ants, Ant Guard should protect the nest and queen, the workers should move with the rest of the ants to attack your base but they steal your food/pawns and take it back to the queen to eat to make more ants.

soulkata

Quote from: Zandor on February 20, 2015, 09:28:40 AM
The queen should set up a nest and milk out new ants, Ant Guard should protect the nest and queen, the workers should move with the rest of the ants to attack your base but they steal your food/pawns and take it back to the queen to eat to make more ants.

I was thinking in a 'Ant hill' event, that will create a 'Ant hill' construction (Like Ancient Ship), and time to time, the Ant Hill will spans Queens! (Queens dont spawn other Queens...) The ants will protect the hill, and when having too many of them, some of ants create groups to raid the colony!

This is the idea, but I dont put on planned because I cannot garantee the time to develop this!

Quiltar

Hi.

I can't get this mod to work (not the zombie mod either).

Steps I've tried

Clean install of alpha9
Deleted the Ludeon folder from LocalLow (in appdata).
Only having this mod installed\in the modfolder

EDIT : I can spawn them from the debug tools though. Weirdness...

When I create a new world, the ants never get their own colony\spot on the map.
When I start a new game on said world, they do not show up on the "faction list". I only get the vanilla factions.

I get no errors in the debug log.

Other mods for alpha 9 work fine, (except faction ones).

What am I missing ?

soulkata

Quote from: Quiltar on February 20, 2015, 10:03:37 AM
Hi.

I can't get this mod to work (not the zombie mod either).

Steps I've tried

Clean install of alpha9
Deleted the Ludeon folder from LocalLow (in appdata).
Only having this mod installed\in the modfolder

When I create a new world, the ants never get their own colony\spot on the map.
When I start a new game on said world, they do not show up on the "faction list". I only get the vanilla factions.

I get no errors in the debug log.

Other mods for alpha 9 work fine, (except faction ones).

What am I missing ?

Well, like Mechanoids, the ants are a Hidden faction, it was proposital they don't apear (To you dont call them at Trade Console). If you want to test if its Ok, you shoud:
* Activate the debug mode (Under the Opdtions Menu)
* Go to 'Open debug actions menu'
* Under 'Incident', the second option is 'Raid from...'
* Should appear a button called 'the alient ants' there...

Now, why thew dont spawn, have pacient lithe one... Eventually they should appear!

Quiltar

Quote from: soulkata on February 20, 2015, 10:10:23 AM
Well, like Mechanoids, the ants are a Hidden faction, it was proposital they don't apear (To you dont call them at Trade Console). If you want to test if its Ok, you shoud:
* Activate the debug mode (Under the Opdtions Menu)
* Go to 'Open debug actions menu'
* Under 'Incident', the second option is 'Raid from...'
* Should appear a button called 'the alient ants' there...

Now, why thew dont spawn, have pacient lithe one... Eventually they should appear!

AHA, I see, well, then it is working as intended I think (I can activate raids from the debug).

There is however more than 1 ant hive, (around 6 I think), is that normal?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers!