[A17] More Vanilla Turrets (v1.8.5 29/5/2017)

Started by Marnador, January 21, 2015, 10:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunSeeker

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 11, 2018, 01:44:04 PM
I think it's kinda strange how there aren't more just turret mods that are updated. I suppose you can only do so much with them though, just a stationary weapon that hurts enemies. When I was looking at old mods for this game, it seemed like there was a crap ton of turret mods. Maybe a lot of the turret mod authors realized that altogether they are putting out more quantity than quality, and stock RimWorld is a game where basically every little thing is unique and serves it's own purpose with very little, if any, overlap. Still, I it's freaking crazy to me that vanilla only has ONE turret! Haha jeez man, we can't at least get a heavy and light turret, or maybe some super shitty missile turret? C'mon, Tynan! :P

I play rimworld since alpha 6 and I can tell sometimes there is a "boon" over a specific kind of mods.
when I started modding, everything was "new weapons". later come turrets. after I think everyone got a problem with temperature, so a tons of mods were created and so on.

what I really miss is the modpacks... I really love putting new mods butusually I screw one mod up and then its hell on my pc. the packs save me this headache. the problem is, almost all of them uses superior craftingm something I used to hate with all my might but eventually learned to live with it (I miss you "mod variety pack").

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: SunSeeker on January 13, 2018, 08:45:46 PM
I play rimworld since alpha 6 and I can tell sometimes there is a "boon" over a specific kind of mods.
when I started modding, everything was "new weapons". later come turrets. after I think everyone got a problem with temperature, so a tons of mods were created and so on.

It is very easy to get a weapon "overload" that I really don't like. And my opinion of overpowered and unbalanced for weapons is pretty critical. The only dedicated weapon pack I think I use is ARMORY ENHANCED.

Quote from: SunSeeker on January 13, 2018, 08:45:46 PM
what I really miss is the modpacks... I really love putting new mods butusually I screw one mod up and then its hell on my pc. the packs save me this headache. the problem is, almost all of them uses superior craftingm something I used to hate with all my might but eventually learned to live with it (I miss you "mod variety pack").

I was thinking the same things recently. Why aren't there more, good mod packs. On https://rim-world.com/rimworld-mods/ they have some decent mod "groupings" but they don't host anything, and I don't think they make it really a pack just more of a suggestion of groups.

A couple of mod groups I think go great together:
1st Group
Climate++ (can make it forever slowly hotter or colder outside, or weather changes very intense)
Quantum Cooler (An ultra insane cooler)
Furnace (A crazy hot furnace)
Nature's Pretty Sweet (maybe, haven't tried this one out yet)
Insulated Walls (I think that's the name of it, it came out these forums recently)
RedIsHeat
Thermal Suits

2nd Group
ED-Enhanced Options (turn off raid notifications, that's the whole point of this group!)
Realistic Darkness (Nights very dark)
Darkest Nights (Can change how often, but default is 4 nights, but this is an event that happens where anything unlit gets very dark, and anything not in the light gets attacked, and pawns will get "taken off into the night" check this AWESOME mod https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=83&v=PNpCpANeKrM )
Rikiki's MiningCo. Spotlight Turret
Rikiki's MiningCo. Mining Helmet (has light on helmet)
Rikiki's MiningCo. Alert Speaker (glows red and has siren when enemies come, also gives temp boost to movement for nearby pawns)
RealFoW (fucking awesome mod, gives games a whole new feel)
Defensive Positions

SunSeeker

True, the only weapon pack I use is rimfire, dont know why or when I get this preference but it has been my friend for long lol.
I'm going to check this collection. some I use regular like darkest nights (this plus call of Cthulhu really makes a great combination) but usually I tend to use hardcore SK thanks to it make the game last longer.

Jan2607

I currently use the updated version made by napstablook, but he changed a few things. For example I don't like that the auto turrets are no weaker and there are manned turrets. Or the missing force attack feature.
I really hope someone will update this mod to its original content...

Sparkie

Sparkie

viperwasp

This was a really good mod. Any plans to update to 1.0? Thanks.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Jan2607

Marnador doesn't seem to update it anymore, but several other have done in the past, just search on Steam workshop for it.