[A10/12] [MODLIST] yMods - Craftable Guns updated!

Started by Ykara, February 24, 2015, 04:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ykara

Quote from: dareddevil7 on March 24, 2015, 05:56:26 PM
out of curiosity, how difficult is it to make a consumable apply an effect?
It's pretty easy, you just need one more line in the thing defs (addsHediff or something like that). I'm currently working on a hangover like effect, that's definitely more difficult to figure out ^^

dareddevil7

Quote from: Ykara on March 25, 2015, 01:41:33 AM
Quote from: dareddevil7 on March 24, 2015, 05:56:26 PM
out of curiosity, how difficult is it to make a consumable apply an effect?
It's pretty easy, you just need one more line in the thing defs (addsHediff or something like that). I'm currently working on a hangover like effect, that's definitely more difficult to figure out ^^
and how hard would it be to make an operation apply gunshot damage to the head area, hopefully a lethal shot to the brain, and also would anyone else find it funny if i changed the euthanasia label to Youthanasia?

dareddevil7

Ykara

Quote from: dareddevil7 on April 08, 2015, 07:12:36 PM
hows progress?
Well, painkillers are pretty much finished. The texture is ready, the sound is ready and the code is completed. I just have some problems with the hangover effect. I stopped working on this mod because of EPOE, but it seems like I can't do the things I wanted to do for the new update. So I guess I'll start working on yMods  again. The update will be ready in a week or so, if I don't find other problems.

dareddevil7

Ykara

I wanted to update the yMods to alpha 10, but I noticed that Craftable Guns doesn't need to be updated, it works just fine! Medical Drinks will work for alpha 10 too, soonTM.

RemingtonRyder

By the way, I eventually figured out why I couldn't add a recipe to more than one bench at a time - like you said, I needed to modify it a bit. By default a new list of RecipeUsers is created for the given recipe, what I needed to do was add another RecipeUser to that new list. I swear, I must have been half-asleep when I looked at the code the first time. :P

Ninefinger

Love the mod Ykara, thanks for the updated medical drinks!

Ykara

I've uploaded a new, updated version of Medical Drinks! It now works properly for alpha 10, so keep drinking your medicine!

Ninefinger

Quote from: Ykara on April 30, 2015, 01:46:38 PM
I've uploaded a new, updated version of Medical Drinks! It now works properly for alpha 10, so keep drinking your medicine!

Awesome, really hope to see this mod stay updated as the alphas progress.   :)

Ykara

Hi guys, I just wanted to tell you that I've uploaded a new mod - Dustrats!
It adds the genetically unaltered version of the boomrats to the game, I hope you like it!
You can download the mod on the main post! Tell me what you think about these little cute rodents!

Latta

I think guns should take much longer to finish. Even pistols, using unfinished weapon.

No

Great vanilla-friendly mods, thank you. It's quite rare to find mods like thees, that feels like an actual official part of the game.

CraftGuns lacks that type of feeling in a way though, it requires some balancing in my opinion. No offence, but having 9 work amount to craft a sniper rifle is a little bit silly. It takes 8 work amount to make... a fine meal. If you want to make yourself a hat, it will take you 25 work to do. Even if you look at other recipes in stone cutting table like spear, you can notice that it takes 417 of work to craft. ...And you have a sniper rifle for 9 work right next to it. Feels a little bit unrealistic if you ask me.

Good job anyway, keep it up like that, it just require a little bit of polishing.

Upd: About the medical drinks. Stockpilewise they are listed in the 'Resourses > Foods > Meals' intead of 'R. > Manufactured > Medicine'.

Ykara

Thanks for your feedback, I'll rebalance Craftable Guns. I think I'll do unfinished weapons, so it takes maybe twice as long as crafting a knife. And I'll fix Medical Drinks, thanks for reporting!
And since nobody has posted anything about the dustrats, I assume they're working fine ^^

Latta

Well that... Sadly as I'm using Marvin's Hot & Cold, I couldn't test that one.