Creative rewards system test

Started by Tynan, November 13, 2013, 12:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

EDIT 11/24/2013: The backer tier check system is back online thanks to folks at SendOwl, thank you for your patience! If your status is still incorrect, please log out and in again to force the check.

The creative rewards system is live. We are running it through tests to make sure the whole workflow functions correctly.

If you're willing to help test the system, please go to http://rimworldgame.com/creative and create a character!

Note that there is a chance that we'll have to wipe the database. Again, this is testing, so it might not work perfectly.

Once there are a number of entries in there, I'll try the XML export and put them in the (internal testing) game to ensure everything fits together nicely.

Please report any issues or weirdnesses you see in this thread.

Thanks all!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Hypolite

Known limitations/bugs:
- Mostly placeholder texts on every page
- No message is showing when there's a login error

AspenShadow

:D  Glad to see you around again Not-Bruce, I thought you'd die pulling the Creative Rewards System together on such a short timescale.

Can I get clarification on a few things?

1. What is the "Civil" spawn type?

2. What is the "Scary" work disable?

3. Are Pirate King tiered characters automatically registered? (As there isn't an option for that)
^^ Tynan has confirmed it is automatic. No worries.

So far the system works fine for me :)

Tynan

Civil is people from broader civilization. Mostly they're starting colonists. They can also be refugees and travelers.

Scary disables all work that is scary. This should include fighting and firefighting and any future such work types.

Bear in mind that work disables are designed to be expandable, which is why they don't generally match 1:1 with skills or specific work types. There will be more work types to do in the future so the characters are designed to be able to handle them without gaining new content. E.g. if we add a pit brawling work, it'll go under Scary and anyone who can't do Scary will automatically have it disabled without us having to add new content.

n69ky

Hi there, I'm eager to test this. however i haven't gotten the activation e-mail in ~10 minutes. I guess it takes the system a little longer to check everything in your huge backers list and set everything up :)

edit: got it. 50min waiting time for me (just as a heads up for everyone) ^^

AspenShadow

Quote from: n69ky on November 13, 2013, 04:28:58 PM
Hi there, I'm eager to test this. however i haven't gotten the activation e-mail in ~10 minutes. I guess it takes the system a little longer to check everything in your huge backers list and set everything up :)

edit: got it. 50min waiting time for me (just as a heads up for everyone) ^^

Really? I got mine in like 5 seconds, maybe it's the server being overloaded with requests.

Hypolite

Good news, fellas, you can verify your backing tier at any time in the header, and you'll be prompted errors if you mistype your username and/or your password. :D

EarthyTurtle

2 things:
1) I got my confirmation email, but when I clicked the link it just kept telling me:
QuoteThe activation code you entered is incorrect or expired.
This was about a minute after I received the activation email. It never gave me the message of accepting my email activation, just told me it was invalid. Despite this though I can log onto my creative account just fine and everything appears to be working except...

2) I encountered this warning when I loaded up the page:
QuoteA PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Warning
Filename: creation/edit.php
Line Number: 210
It appeared in a box where the childhood work disabilities should be.

I refreshed twice and reloaded the page entirely with the same result each time.

3) Additionally, as a personal quirk, I noticed the last name string only allows for 1 word last names. I was hoping to include 'Van Vugt', however if it's intentional I'll adjust to 'Van-Vugt'. Though this alteration suggests that my character comes from 2 separate family names rather than a dutch background. I know it's a bit of an ask, especially just to cater for 1 person, but would it be possible to include spaces among the proved characters allowed in the last name? Thus allowing last names like mine to be included?

Besides this everything was smooth and responsive. It was easy to understand and information was well organized :). I hope this helps.

Hypolite

Hey TinnedEpic, thanks for your report. I believe your were using the System at the exact same time I was fiddling with it to make it more flexible for Tynan. Everything should be back to normal.

In addition, I changed the validation rule to allow whitespaces and most accentuated letters in names. I already updated your Creation :)

EarthyTurtle

Oh that's good to hear it wasn't a bug. lol remarkable timing though.

Thank you so much for that Hypolite :D.

Cologan

this website should work for the  (Name in Game Pack ($40))-Backers too right? i registered with the right email but it tells me i havent backed yet. what do?^^

Tynan

Quote from: Cologan on November 15, 2013, 10:30:44 AM
this website should work for the  (Name in Game Pack ($40))-Backers too right? i registered with the right email but it tells me i havent backed yet. what do?^^

That is strange; I'm seeing you in SendOwl so the CR system should allow you to put in a name.

Hypolite, I recently changed the name of the tier from Pirate to Name In Game, could that be causing a problem? I thought we did it by package IDs?

Hypolite

The backer's tier check is made when the login form is submitted, and yes it should work even if you changed the tier's name. I'll look into that tonight.

Haplo

A small error on the application form:
You can't leave the nickname column empty.
If you do, an error occured: 'The Nickname must not include special characters.'

Hypolite