[A12d] RedistHeat - Vents/Ducts (Oct 12, v42b) Small heater fix

Started by Latta, March 01, 2015, 01:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsilliev

Quote from: Florius on September 10, 2015, 05:37:33 AM
Quote from: l2032 on September 10, 2015, 04:38:48 AM
Quote from: AHare on September 09, 2015, 10:41:15 PM
Okay, having an issue with v41. After updating to it my industrial cooler doesn't seem to work and says 0 exhaust ports connected, despite there being four. I've deleted them, updated, and remade them multiple times and still they don't seem to connect. The only error I get is after updating, which is this. This is on a new colony for testing purposes btw, also does it in my existing one.
I'm having the same. Also there's a double button in the architect for the medium cooler (or was it heater?) The double has no image, haven't checked if it did anything.

Sorry for the lousy bug report, this is from memory - I was trying not to focus on bugs :P.

Industrial cooler? You can only connect 2 as far as I know, since 2 of them should lead outside to get rid of the hot air from cooling?
Sadly I do not have an example at the moment, but if you post your setup maybe we can figure out what is wrong.
Same here is the cooler with the ex ports
http://prntscr.com/8erelk
Here are the vents that when I click on them nothing appears except cost on pointer, the same for the outlets, smartcooler and medium heater, i click on them but nothing appears at the pointer except the price.
http://prntscr.com/8erf4s

I have CommunityCoreLibrary-0.12.1 enabled before redist heat v41, and now even with v41a its the same

MisterVertigo

Hey all, I started a new colony last night and I'm planning on trying this mod out with this one once I get along a little further. Thanks to everyone above for your help explaining how it all works!

I did notice one thing last night though. Right from the start I was able to see Industrial Coolers and Heaters in the Architect menu. I didn't build one yet as my colonists didn't even have beds yet. Later on when I started doing research, I noticed there was an item listed there that reads like it needed to be finished before I could build those Industrial units. I haven't researched that yet, but they were still in my menu. Is that a bug, or is it a feature that is not implemented yet? I'm just curious if I'm doing something wrong!

Thanks again!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Florius

Quote from: Tsilliev on September 10, 2015, 10:39:33 AM
Okay, having an issue with v41. After updating to it my industrial cooler doesn't seem to work and says 0 exhaust ports connected, despite there being four. I've deleted them, updated, and remade them multiple times and still they don't seem to connect. The only error I get is after updating, which is this. This is on a new colony for testing purposes btw, also does it in my existing one.
I'm having the same. Also there's a double button in the architect for the medium cooler (or was it heater?) The double has no image, haven't checked if it did anything.

Sorry for the lousy bug report, this is from memory - I was trying not to focus on bugs :P.

Industrial cooler? You can only connect 2 as far as I know, since 2 of them should lead outside to get rid of the hot air from cooling?
Sadly I do not have an example at the moment, but if you post your setup maybe we can figure out what is wrong.
Here are the vents that when I click on them nothing appears except cost on pointer, the same for the outlets, smartcooler and medium heater, i click on them but nothing appears at the pointer except the price.

I have CommunityCoreLibrary-0.12.1 enabled before redist heat v41, and now even with v41a its the same

That seems like a serious bug. I am not sure what causes it, I am personally using 40c, and haven't had the possibility to try the latest.

I will see if I have time later today to update and see if I can figure out what goes wrong.

Have you tried to restart the game?

Tsilliev

Quote from: Florius on September 10, 2015, 10:55:22 AM
Quote from: Tsilliev on September 10, 2015, 10:39:33 AM

That seems like a serious bug. I am not sure what causes it, I am personally using 40c, and haven't had the possibility to try the latest.

I will see if I have time later today to update and see if I can figure out what goes wrong.

Have you tried to restart the game?
Tried the v41 version, deleted it, tried v42 (of course doing this while game is not running), started new game, new colony to test but still the same, tried pushing the community library 2nd (core 1,community library 2nd, redistheat 3rd) in the mod menu and the select all others, still the same, i will try to disable all other mods and report back.

edit:
nope still the same
I removed all other mods left core 1, CommunityCoreLibrary-0.12.1 2nd, redistheat 3rd, all other mods disabled except core and these 2, i create new world with new random seed, i then create new colony on this new world, i start new game, i build a steel wall, then i try to place active and normal vent, all duckt types but still nothing appears and nothing is being placed on the wall.

Florius

Could you remove Redistheat in Rimworld map and download it again? Might be something left over from 40(c) or any previous version.

I will try myself and see what happens.

EDIT: Just updated to 41a without any issues:
http://puu.sh/k6xnZ/9ddca05b47.jpg

Latta

Quote from: MisterVertigo on September 10, 2015, 10:45:09 AM

Please check "Known Issues" section. You will find your answer that you are not doing anything wrong.

Quote from: Tsilliev on September 10, 2015, 11:38:48 AM

Sorry, but I can't reproduce any of them you mentioned. Industrial coolers are fixed with 41a version and wall mounters are well mountable. Here is a checklist for you:
a. What version of RimWorld are you using?
b. What message appears(on top-left side of the screen) when you try to place wall mounted buildings anyway?
c. Is there any error message appearing when you turn on your developer mod, and try to place wall mounted buildings?
d. Please upload your log file if the problem remains.

Tsilliev

Quote from: Florius on September 10, 2015, 12:02:19 PM
Could you remove Redistheat in Rimworld map and download it again? Might be something left over from 40(c) or any previous version.

I will try myself and see what happens.

EDIT: Just updated to 41a without any issues:
http://puu.sh/k6xnZ/9ddca05b47.jpg

1.What do you mean by rimworld map?
2.Can you tell me what version of the community core library you have?
3.Can you tell me the mod that shows the icons of the colonists at the top?
4.You can click and build vents and ducts on the walls?

edit:
Maybe this is the problem?
http://prntscr.com/8esmpm     ?

http://prntscr.com/8esmza

Latta

Tsilliev, please upload your log file itself, not its screenshot which is not very helpful. And I should ask again, what's the version of Rimworld you are using?

Florius

Tsilliev, I am using the same Community core library as you, 0.12.1 it is I think?
I mean the Rimworld folder where your game is placed in (and your mods).
The icons is from Pawn State Icon mod, very useful :)
I can do everything this mod should be able to do.

Please try to remove the Redistheat mod and download it again, with a new world and colony, and if that not helps, please give your log file.

Tsilliev

Quote from: Latta on September 10, 2015, 12:25:14 PM
Tsilliev, please upload your log file itself, not its screenshot which is not very helpful. And I should ask again, what's the version of Rimworld you are using?
From where I can copy the error log? At rimworld-rimdata-outputlog?
Florius ty for the info.

edit:
- Completed reload, in  0.085 seconds
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 1360x768 60Hz; virtual: 1360x768 at 0,0
Platform assembly: D:\Games\RimWorld914Win\RimWorld914Win_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: D:\Games\RimWorld914Win\RimWorld914Win_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
RimWorld 0.12.914 rev777

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Platform assembly: D:\Games\RimWorld914Win\RimWorld914Win_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: D:\Games\RimWorld914Win\RimWorld914Win_Data\Managed\System.Xml.Linq.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: data-0E5C5AD0 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library D:/Games/RimWorld914Win/RimWorld914Win_Data/Mono/data-0E5C5AD0.dll
Could not find type named CommunityCoreLibrary.RestrictedPlacement_Properties from node <li Class="CommunityCoreLibrary.RestrictedPlacement_Properties"><compClass>CommunityCoreLibrary.RestrictedPlacement_Comp</compClass><thingDefs><li>Wall</li></thingDefs></li>

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Could not find a type named CommunityCoreLibrary.RestrictedPlacement_Comp

XML error: <thingDefs><li>Wall</li></thingDefs> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

Could not find a type named CommunityCoreLibrary.PlaceWorker_OnlyOnThing

Could not find type named CommunityCoreLibrary.RestrictedPlacement_Properties from node <li Class="CommunityCoreLibrary.RestrictedPlacement_Properties"><compClass>CommunityCoreLibrary.RestrictedPlacement_Comp</compClass><thingDefs><li>Wall</li></thingDefs></li>

XML error: <thingDefs><li>Wall</li></thingDefs> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

Florius

Latta

Check your CCL installation, as RH on your computer cannot find any of CCL components.

Edit: Also from your mod order screen: CCL's description is empty while author remains anonymous. This means that your CCL is not installed properly.

Edit2: Did you download CCL's Source code (zip)? You should download User's release.

Tsilliev

Quote from: Latta on September 10, 2015, 12:44:32 PM
Check your CCL installation, as RH on your computer cannot find any of CCL components.

Edit: Also from your mod order screen: CCL's description is empty while author remains anonymous. This means that your CCL is not installed properly.
I had the feeling that there was something wrong with CCL, well what I did was went here:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14172.0
Then go to github download page:
https://github.com/RimWorldCCLTeam/CommunityCoreLibrary/releases/tag/v0.12.1

At the bottom there are 4 choices:
CCL_Modders_Resource_v0.12.1.zip
CCL_User_Release_v0.12.1.zip
Source code (zip)
Source code (tar.gz)

What I did was pick the first one, put it in the mods folder and then activate it before I activate redistheat, I guess i did it wrong?
edit:
From looking at your edit1, I am currently downloading the user release,deactivating the old CCL and activating this one instead.

edit2:  :o
- Completed reload, in  0.086 seconds
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 1360x768 60Hz; virtual: 1360x768 at 0,0
Platform assembly: D:\Games\RimWorld914Win\RimWorld914Win_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: D:\Games\RimWorld914Win\RimWorld914Win_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
RimWorld 0.12.914 rev777

Platform assembly: D:\Games\RimWorld914Win\RimWorld914Win_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: D:\Games\RimWorld914Win\RimWorld914Win_Data\Managed\System.Xml.Linq.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: data-0E493A20 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library D:/Games/RimWorld914Win/RimWorld914Win_Data/Mono/data-0E493A20.dll

Non platform assembly: data-0E4F49A0 (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library D:/Games/RimWorld914Win/RimWorld914Win_Data/Mono/data-0E4F49A0.dll
Community Core Library v0.12.1.0

Community Core Library :: Advanced Research :: Initialized

Community Core Library :: Help System :: Initialized

Community Core Library :: Initialized

http://prntscr.com/8et35v
http://prntscr.com/8et3a6

Latta

I hope it resolves your problem. I'm going off now.

Florius, thank you for your help. And glad the update didn't throw any error. But cause of the error is now more mysterious...

Tsilliev

Quote from: Latta on September 10, 2015, 12:59:13 PM
I hope it resolves your problem. I'm going off now.

Florius, thank you for your help. And glad the update didn't throw any error. But cause of the error is now more mysterious...

When I enabled all 3 lol it fixed it, when I made new game and selected duct I could see it and the orange box as well.
http://prntscr.com/8et51d