[A12d] RedistHeat - Vents/Ducts (Oct 12, v42b) Small heater fix

Started by Latta, March 01, 2015, 01:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latta

Look at your screenshots. Some duct buildings have more thicker overlay.
I guessed that you built pipe over them, instead of them over pipes.

asnow

Quote from: Latta on September 13, 2015, 06:29:39 PM
Check your CCL installation.

CCL is installed and in correct order, if anything I even updated it from 0.12.1 to 0.12.2
Yet I still can't place down or see anything that is wall mounted.

Latta

The issue has been reported many times; the cause was related to CCL installation.
But if you say so, turn on your dev mode, and see what errors are thrown when you try to place one regardless of visibility. And after that, please attach your log file.

� Mac OS X:   ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log
� Windows:   EXECNAME_Data\output_log.txt (this is in the game folder)
� Linux:             Pass '-logfile /tmp/rimworld_log' to the Rimworld binary. It generates a log at that location.

Should you not able to find the log file, take a screenshot of in-game log screen(scroll up until you reach topmost) and attach it instead.

rsdworker

Quote from: Latta on September 13, 2015, 11:57:32 PM
Look at your screenshots. Some duct buildings have more thicker overlay.
I guessed that you built pipe over them, instead of them over pipes.

yeah i realised - but however i will send you a base which you will find all heating oulets are no longer overlapping however the heat isnt giving a equal heat to each room even its goes up and down in pipes from 0 to 20 then down to 5 or 4 or even 2 very fast changing
i cant find save folder so where its should be in - i am on Windows 7

Latta

%appdata%₩..₩LocalLow₩Ludeon Studios₩RimWorld

Don't forget to include world in it. And I hope you didn't use many other mods...

mbos14

Are you planning on making the mod compatible with the clutter mod walls ?

OvermindDL1

When running the mod I am getting an exception thrown when loading RedistHeat for the textures:

Exception getting RedistHeat.Graphic_MultiDXT5 at Things/Building/AirNet/DuctOutlet: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. --> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path
"/home/ocerminddl1/Games/RimWorld/RimWorld914Linux/Mods/LT_RedistHeat/Textures\/Things/Building/AirNet/DuctOutlet_back.dds".

And etc...  I am curious why there is a \ in the path...
I symlinked the directory "Textures" to "Textures\" and that fixed it, but that pathing needs fixing.  ^.^

Quote from: mbos14 on September 17, 2015, 10:57:37 AM
Are you planning on making the mod compatible with the clutter mod walls ?

It's not that this mod is specifically incompatible, there just needs to be a patch.

Quick steps:
1) Make sure RedistHeat is loaded after Clutter
2) Open each of the xml files in /Mods/LT_RedistHeat/Defs/ThingDefs/
3) Find each instance of CommunityCoreLibrary.RestrictedPlacement_Comp
4) Add the following to each list of thingDefs for the above comp
<li>ClutterSIlverWall</li>
<li>ClutterUtilityWall</li>
<li>ClutterUWallLight</li>

You can do this to add walls from any mod.  Find the wall defName and add it to the lists.  Just make sure RedistHeat is enabled after that mod in the load order as RedistHeat will become dependant on that mod.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.