[A13] Bulk Meals v2.4 updated for A13 May 2, 2016

Started by Igabod, March 03, 2015, 09:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Havan_IronOak

I deleted (actually moved) everything when Release a10 became available and I down-loaded and used your mod with no issues. Thanks again for a great mod!

Igabod

Released an update to include beany_for_ever's .dll and also hopefully fix any other corrupt file issues or whatever was causing the reported problems with unpacking the download.

Big thanks to beany for that contribution.

darkrage000

Igabod

Quote from: darkrage000 on April 23, 2015, 10:44:06 AM
I also cannot extract. On a mac and i get corrupt archive error

I have no experience with mac. I prefer to use a real computer for all my computing needs. But try downloading the 7zip program and extract it using that if you aren't already. If that still doesn't work for you then download THIS copy which is just a regular .zip file and should be fine to use your normal extraction program.

hector212121

Can I have a zip for 2.2 too? Or better yet put everything in standard zip, because that way anyone can use it? :P I'm Mac too and on 9 because mods.

Edit:I mean .1 I mean .1 not 2.2

Edited edit:Also, don't call macs not real computers. I for one prefer to use one that will not pick up a virus the moment I open the browser.

Igabod

Quote from: hector212121 on April 24, 2015, 04:04:11 PM
Can I have a zip for 2.2 too? Or better yet put everything in standard zip, because that way anyone can use it? :P I'm Mac too and on 9 because mods.

Edit:I mean .1 I mean .1 not 2.2

Edited edit:Also, don't call macs not real computers. I for one prefer to use one that will not pick up a virus the moment I open the browser.

you can easily and freely download 7zip to unzip .7z files from HERE. The compression rate for .7z is way better than .zip which is why I've switched to it. When there is a limit to the amount of KB you can upload to the forum it makes every little bit of extra compression far more valuable. I prefer to upload things to the forum rather than host them on dropbox because dropbox doesn't have a download counter so I can't tell how many people actually care about the mod.

As for my comments about mac, I stand by them. I have never gotten a virus (since 1999 anyway) because I'm smart about what I choose to download and I have a good antivirus program.

All that being said, check the attachments on this post for v2.1 in a .zip. I won't be switching to .zip for my primary uses though, and a lot of people use that protocol now, so you should really consider getting 7zip to extract your stuff. It works on .rar and .zip and lots of other compressed files so it covers all bases.

[attachment deleted due to age]

hector212121

I'm on a Mac. Maaaaac. All the things for that on mac are unofficial and make me uncomfortable.

Igabod

Quote from: hector212121 on April 24, 2015, 05:24:51 PM
I'm on a Mac. Maaaaac. All the things for that on mac are unofficial and make me uncomfortable.

Unofficial in that case just means it was done by someone other than the creators of 7zip. The fact that they are putting links to it on the official downloads page makes it a safe bet that you can trust the download to be virus free. They wouldn't put a link to something that wasn't what they label it as and risk their own good name. It's unofficial in that it is a port that was done by someone else, but it is officially endorsed by the 7zip team.

whoishigh

I'm on a Mac and I use StuffIt Expander for decompressing everything other than zips. The company that makes it has been making Mac programs for ages, so you can trust it. And it's free.

Quote from: Igabod on April 24, 2015, 04:30:39 PM
dropbox doesn't have a download counter so I can't tell how many people actually care about the mod.

I care \o/ I've been using this mod since at least A9 and your lighting mod since A7, I think. Now I can't go back to making one meal at a time and dealing with negative moods resulting from being outside at night!

Igabod

Quote from: whoishigh on April 24, 2015, 05:35:58 PM

I'm on a Mac and I use StuffIt Expander for decompressing everything other than zips. The company that makes it has been making Mac programs for ages, so you can trust it. And it's free.

Thank you for the information. I have gone ahead and googled it so I can provide a link to it. You can find it at http://stuffit-expander.en.softonic.com/mac

whoishigh

Quote from: Igabod on April 24, 2015, 05:40:42 PM
Thank you for the information. I have gone ahead and googled it so I can provide a link to it. You can find it at http://stuffit-expander.en.softonic.com/mac

There are a number of other "official" options on Apple's app store as well so please do not worry about changing your compression format, most Mac users can figure it out :)

comlink

Quote from: Igabod on April 19, 2015, 01:33:49 PM
Are you maybe using an older version? I corrected all those issues with the 2.2 release. Try re-downloading and install it again.

Sure enough, I'm running 2.1. Thank you, this is a great mod!

Jan2607

I had this error when I was extracting the files:

!   C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Bulk_MealsV2.2-1.7z: Unknown method in Bulk_Meals\Textures\Things\Building\Production\TableCookStove_ProXL.png
!   C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Bulk_MealsV2.2-1.7z: Unknown method in Bulk_Meals\About\About.xml
!   C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Bulk_MealsV2.2-1.7z: Unknown method in Bulk_Meals\Defs\ThingDefs\BulkMeals_Buildings_Production.xml
!   C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Bulk_MealsV2.2-1.7z: Unknown method in Bulk_Meals\Defs\ResearchProjectDefs\BulkMeals_ResearchProjects.xml
!   C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Bulk_MealsV2.2-1.7z: Unknown method in Bulk_Meals\Defs\WorkGiverDefs\BulkMeals_WorkGiver.xml
!   C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Bulk_MealsV2.2-1.7z: Unknown method in Bulk_Meals\Defs\RecipeDefs\Recipes_Bulk_Meals.xml
!   C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Bulk_MealsV2.2-1.7z: Error - operation failed

I downloaded v2.3, the latest version.

Igabod

Quote from: Jan2607 on April 28, 2015, 02:21:48 PM
I had this error when I was extracting the files:

!   C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Bulk_MealsV2.2-1.7z: Unknown method in Bulk_Meals\Textures\Things\Building\Production\TableCookStove_ProXL.png
!   C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Bulk_MealsV2.2-1.7z: Unknown method in Bulk_Meals\About\About.xml
!   C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Bulk_MealsV2.2-1.7z: Unknown method in Bulk_Meals\Defs\ThingDefs\BulkMeals_Buildings_Production.xml
!   C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Bulk_MealsV2.2-1.7z: Unknown method in Bulk_Meals\Defs\ResearchProjectDefs\BulkMeals_ResearchProjects.xml
!   C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Bulk_MealsV2.2-1.7z: Unknown method in Bulk_Meals\Defs\WorkGiverDefs\BulkMeals_WorkGiver.xml
!   C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Bulk_MealsV2.2-1.7z: Unknown method in Bulk_Meals\Defs\RecipeDefs\Recipes_Bulk_Meals.xml
!   C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\Bulk_MealsV2.2-1.7z: Error - operation failed

I downloaded v2.3, the latest version.

You're using the wrong program to try and extract it. Download 7zip to extract .7z files. You can find it at http://www.7-zip.org/download.html. Or if you are on a mac for some reason, you can use Stuffit Expander which can be downloaded at http://stuffit-expander.en.softonic.com/mac

Jan2607

I am on Windows, and I USED 7-zip to extract the files...