[A13] Bulk Meals v2.4 updated for A13 May 2, 2016

Started by Igabod, March 03, 2015, 09:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igabod

Quote from: Jan2607 on April 28, 2015, 03:38:03 PM
I am on Windows, and I USED 7-zip to extract the files...

I'm not sure what could be causing this then. I just tested it and it works fine. But I did notice you have a -1 after the V2.2. You appear to have downloaded 2.2 again and that is a copy of it. Maybe 7zip has a problem with extracting copies of archives. Try downloading v2.3 from HERE and be sure that the file name of the archive you are trying to extract ends in V2.3.7z

Jan2607

Igabod

Quote from: Jan2607 on April 28, 2015, 05:36:09 PM
Meh, I downloaded it from your link, but I got the same error :(

Okay, I don't know why some people are having problems with this but others aren't. But try with a .zip format version. You can download it HERE. If you're still having problems with that then you're just not meant to use this mod apparently. Hopefully someone can fill me in on why this is happening so I can fix it though.

Igabod

Quote from: Jan2607 on April 29, 2015, 07:27:43 AM
It's working now, thanks :)

I just woke up and had an idea. Are you maybe on a 32 bit computer? I have my 7zip set to compress at 64.

Inacio

I have a request: could you make a version where you need very high skill to cook even two meals at once? I mean like Cooking 10 for 2 meals, 15 for 4 and 20 for 8

Igabod

Quote from: Inacio on April 29, 2015, 10:07:10 AM
I have a request: could you make a version where you need very high skill to cook even two meals at once? I mean like Cooking 10 for 2 meals, 15 for 4 and 20 for 8

Nope, I won't be doing two versions of it. But you can easily make the change yourself. In Mods/Bulk_Meals/Defs/Recipes_Bulk_Meals.xml find the line that says <minlevel> and bump that up to whatever you like. Be sure to change it on each of the recipes, there are 6. To add a recipe to make 2 meals at a time is going to take a bit more work than that though. I'll be happy to tell you how to do it if you want.

Jan2607

Quote from: Igabod on April 29, 2015, 09:40:21 AM

I just woke up and had an idea. Are you maybe on a 32 bit computer? I have my 7zip set to compress at 64.

Ooooops  :o
Yes, I am on 32 bit. My computer is 5 or 6 years old :D

Igabod

Quote from: Jan2607 on April 29, 2015, 04:47:57 PM
Quote from: Igabod on April 29, 2015, 09:40:21 AM

Ooooops  :o
Yes, I am on 32 bit. My computer is 5 or 6 years old :D

Okay, well I'll solve that in the future by switching to a 32 bit compression rate. For now though, I'll just point people to the .zip version if someone else mentions this issue.

Lady Wolf

Just wanted to say I love this mod, it makes it much easier to keep my colony fed without needing to have one person cooking every waking minute to keep the meals stocked, much appreciated.  8)

Igabod

Alpha 11 is out and I'm settled in to my new home in Georgia. I still don't have time to actually play the game just yet cause I have a lot of things to take care of such as getting my drivers license and car registration transferred from Texas to Georgia and things of that nature. So the updates for all of my mods won't be coming out quite as quickly as they have in the past. You can help me in this by testing the alpha 10 version to see if it works as is or if it pops up with some errors. Also if anybody wants to do the update work for me and upload it in a comment on this thread then that will help get the updates out even faster and you will be mentioned in the credits of course.

nash076

So far the only errors it throws are related to the changes in the way the graphics fields have changed, so it's not a huge deal ... but I can't figure out how to fix it myself, sadly.

polyticks04

Quote from: dismar on June 11, 2015, 08:47:56 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9upwpw0xcryj7k/Bulk_Meals.zip?dl=0

alpha 11 release for Igabod

Thanks for the update - wanted to pass along the debug info I saw when loading this up a moment ago. No other mods active, but tbh I have no idea what this means. :) Haven't unpaused yet, so don't know if this will break my save, but will keep an eye out for any other issues.

[attachment deleted due to age]

nmid

So, despite that debug, is this working fine in A11?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ