[1.5] RT Mods - expansion o'clock again (2024-04-20)

Started by Ratys, March 07, 2015, 05:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratys

15.04.15 CHANGELOG:

• RT Storage: updated to Alpha 10, added quantum relays.

Next up: RT Fusebox update to Alpha 10, with (hopefully) addition of the solar flare shield.

Ratys

19.04.15 CHANGELOG:

• RT Fusebox: updated to Alpha 10
  • RT Fusebox: added magnetic shield (protects against solar flares)

Dave-In-Texas

the storage mod xml defs have a ?obsolete tag <eType> in them.  throwing errors in the debug log.   nothing critical but i was chasing another error and found the source was really in your mod :-)

Ratys

Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on April 22, 2015, 08:18:07 PM
the storage mod xml defs have a ?obsolete tag <eType> in them.  throwing errors in the debug log.   nothing critical but i was chasing another error and found the source was really in your mod :-)

Yes, I'm aware of that, thanks though. Already fixed in dev version; decided not to push it out, because it's really not causing any trouble safe for that warning in the console.

Ninefinger

I was wondering how does the solar flare shield work exactly does it have to be close to the object you want protected or just connected anywhere on the grid?

wakko151

I really like the idea of Couseling. Can't wait to try it out for Alpha 10

mathwizi2005

I am having issues getting the relays to do what they were intended for.
Specifically sending items TO the relay.
Does the item NEED to be on the warehouse? And if so, why can't the warehouse see the request and take from neighboring stockpiles?

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: mathwizi2005 on April 24, 2015, 01:00:20 AM
Does the item NEED to be on the warehouse? And if so, why can't the warehouse see the request and take from neighboring stockpiles?

In my game I haven't quite gotten the research for relays done, its almost done though :-)

I know that the description of warehouses is that they act like regular.. pads. 
I also know that through research each.. pad optimizes itself, so the warehouse probably must optimize across all pads contained in that stockpile.
try linking it directly to a pad rather than the warehouse?
also ensure that both stockpiles (you do have stockpiles at each end, right) are the same priority.

failing all that i'll share what i learn when i get to play again, if you haven't gotten it figured out in the mean time :)

mathwizi2005

Well if you look at the UI selections I have, Replays can ONLY link to Warehouses (note the previous QW and Next QW buttons (Quantum Warehouse))
This is still an issue since the documented behavior says relays can do this, yet its not.

Ratys

Quote from: Ninefinger on April 23, 2015, 04:09:44 AM
I was wondering how does the solar flare shield work exactly does it have to be close to the object you want protected or just connected anywhere on the grid?

Essentially, it shields the whole map.

Quote from: wakko151 on April 23, 2015, 05:01:25 AM
I really like the idea of Couseling. Can't wait to try it out for Alpha 10

It will be some time still, most likely early March. I decided to not do just a straight port and bugfix, but to implement some of the more sought-after planned features (I've seen numerous inquires about removing labor restrictions, for example); on top of being swamped at work and all that jazz.

Quote from: mathwizi2005 on April 24, 2015, 01:00:20 AM

-image snip-

Not quite able to tell what's going on from one picture... Anyway: the relay will look over everything that's on all quantum stockpiles connected to the target quantum warehouse, warehouse itself included. Thus, if the relay has an equal or higher priority than your Stockpile 1, any lavish meal laying on a stockpile or the warehouse of Stockpile 1 will be transported to the relay.

Possible caveat is that Stockpile 1 has lavish meals disabled; while I do remember coding in that case, I don't remember testing it... Needless to say I'll be running more tests soon; meanwhile, it would be a great boon if you provided more info - and perhaps did some tests yourself! :D

mathwizi2005

Quote from: Ratys on April 25, 2015, 10:16:40 AM
Not quite able to tell what's going on from one picture... Anyway: the relay will look over everything that's on all quantum stockpiles connected to the target quantum warehouse, warehouse itself included. Thus, if the relay has an equal or higher priority than your Stockpile 1, any lavish meal laying on a stockpile or the warehouse of Stockpile 1 will be transported to the relay.

Possible caveat is that Stockpile 1 has lavish meals disabled; while I do remember coding in that case, I don't remember testing it... Needless to say I'll be running more tests soon; meanwhile, it would be a great boon if you provided more info - and perhaps did some tests yourself! :D

Thats the thing, the relay is critical and is set to only receive lavish meals....but I do have it disabled in stockpile 1......if this works, I'm gonna kick myself.

Ratys

Quote from: mathwizi2005 on April 25, 2015, 02:19:11 PM
Thats the thing, the relay is critical and is set to only receive lavish meals....but I do have it disabled in stockpile 1......if this works, I'm gonna kick myself.

Wouldn't that mean Stockpile 1 has no lavish meals to begin with? There's simply nothing for the relay to transport.

(The case I was referring to is when something is disabled in the stockpile, yet there are such items on quantum stockpiles/warehouses, and the relay wants them. It shouldn't happen normally, but I'm handling that anyway by having the relay take the item disregarding any possible priority restrictions. At least that's how I remember coding it in.)

mathwizi2005

I just tried it....seems the system ONLY WORKS if the meals are on the warehouse, the warehouse itself doesn't scan for the requested item to send (and even then, it doesn't always send the meals when they are needed).

Ratys

Quote from: mathwizi2005 on April 26, 2015, 02:21:36 AM
I just tried it....seems the system ONLY WORKS if the meals are on the warehouse, the warehouse itself doesn't scan for the requested item to send (and even then, it doesn't always send the meals when they are needed).

I'm still not sure what are you doing and what you expect to happen; I've explained how it works several times, yet your replies contain ambiguity that I cannot reliably parse within the context.

Anyway, I made and album explaining how exactly one would set up the devices to handle your case (which I inferred would be getting lavish meals from Stockpile 1 to a relay): http://imgur.com/a/ifpwU