[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grogfeld

Quote from: nuschler22 on August 19, 2016, 06:29:02 AM
Can someone explain how to sell things to visitors and recommend what to leave in rooms?

On my phone so if this information was provided I didn't see it.

Thanks

Just leave stuff on ground in rooms where are guest beds, now you can leave also in rack or other storage units. Guest will pick what they want, just remember to leave something that is cheap because they don't have to much silver. I sell them mostly leather because its cheap per unit and stack quite good, and isn't needed most of the time. I don't know to much what kind of stuff they will pick, but you can experiment by stockpiling stuff that are worth less then 100.

Devecseri

Not sure whether to post this here or in the Glitter Tech thread, but I guess I'll start here.

So Glitter Tech adds a faction that have tank units. This has the funny...side effect of them actually visiting your base as guests, with all the benefits that's included. They will sleep, eat and watch TV.

https://i.gyazo.com/f496560c7ea635d38ab1faafb5b2f2b6.png

Would it be possible to make us able to ignore certain factions and/or units? I guess I could piss them off, but I don't really want to do that...

Orion

@Devecseri: That is pretty hilarious, and I can see that you don't want it. Maybe I can check for vehicles and exclude them specifically. I'll put it on the list for the next alpha.

Grogfeld

Quote from: Devecseri on August 19, 2016, 08:40:34 AM
Not sure whether to post this here or in the Glitter Tech thread, but I guess I'll start here.

So Glitter Tech adds a faction that have tank units. This has the funny...side effect of them actually visiting your base as guests, with all the benefits that's included. They will sleep, eat and watch TV.

https://i.gyazo.com/f496560c7ea635d38ab1faafb5b2f2b6.png

C'mon even a tank needs some joy. In Poland there is an old TV show: "4 tank soldiers and a dog", and there is a tank called "Rudy" legendary one, so yours watch probably this show and dream to be that tank.

EDIT: But with a poor gun like this he can only dream ;)

5umito

I just have this mod and i cant prioritize things please fix it.

123nick

hey i have a suggestion, i think there should be an option, or a way of convincing travellers passing by to stay at the colony for a while. it should incur a very small relations penalty- 1 or 2 relations impact per person convinced at staying. and when they are convinced to stay, they work just like normal visitors- they eat food, rest in beds, can be recruited and etc.

Orion

Quote from: 5umito on August 27, 2016, 12:57:10 PM
I just have this mod and i cant prioritize things please fix it.
Have you read and followed all the instructions for using this mod?

Quote from: 123nick on August 27, 2016, 02:56:36 PM
hey i have a suggestion, i think there should be an option, or a way of convincing travellers passing by to stay at the colony for a while. it should incur a very small relations penalty- 1 or 2 relations impact per person convinced at staying. and when they are convinced to stay, they work just like normal visitors- they eat food, rest in beds, can be recruited and etc.
Interesting idea, although sounds like a lot of trouble to do and I wonder if people would ever use it. I'll think about it.

Dingo

When I issue "improve faction relations" to a pawn, my colonists will do that and I get the message about success/failure on the top left but it has no immediate impact on faction relations in the Factions tab. Am I missing something? Does improving relations directly only impact the ultimate relations change when they leave?

Orion

Yes. It used to be different, but that was too powerful. The sentences are still the same, so maybe it's a bit misleading.

123nick

i think there is a slight bug. when i sold a visitor a thousand unfertilized chicken eggs, when he was leaving, he said he enjoyed his stay, and then said he is given back x32 eggs, but then he gave me back ALL the eggs.

Orion

Orion

Changelog
1.15a - 29.08.2016
- New: Visitors will not leave bought items anymore
- New: More thoughts supported
- New: Guests will be unhappy if there are no guest beds, and more happy if there are enough
- New: instructions
- Fix: visitors not coming while having prisoners (yikes!)
- Fix: drug policy error
- Fix: error when browsing wares with too many visitors

Deimos Rast

thanks for the update!
fyi: the filename say A14 still (but the version is correct).
#StopPluginAbuse

Diana Winters

Quote from: Orion on August 29, 2016, 08:58:41 AM
Changelog
1.15a - 29.08.2016
- New: Visitors will not leave bought items anymore
- New: More thoughts supported
- New: Guests will be unhappy if there are no guest beds, and more happy if there are enough
- New: instructions
- Fix: visitors not coming while having prisoners (yikes!)
- Fix: drug policy error
- Fix: error when browsing wares with too many visitors

If CCL is a requirement, and CCL hasn't updated to A15, how did you update? Did you "borrow" some code?

Orion