[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

publicuser

Quote from: Orion on March 03, 2019, 12:47:31 PM
Read carefully: It does not matter if the doors are locked or not. With the door mod all doors appear locked to visitors and they will leave.

I do another quick test, I disable locks mod and trigger visitor incident, it seems guest visit become normal

But how to explain visitors not leave for many years with locks mod at the early stage of the savegame

Orion

Maybe ther area was set to home. Maybe there was a way to reach their area that was not blocked by doors. Maybe the doors mod got updated which broke pathfinding.

jptrrs

Hi, Orion!
I'm developing a mod that adds a lot of functionality to the game beds, and I just realized it's completely incompatible with Hospitality. Since I can't even imagine playing without your mod, I need badly to make it work. Would you care to look into it and point what I could do to make it so?
It seems the issue is I'm relying on a new class for the beds, derived from Building_Beds, and with an attached comp. When your code swaps the bed for a Building_GuestBed (from what I could figure out from it) the new class and associated comps get wiped, causing a number of problems.
Anyway, I'd love to talk if you're available.
Thx!

Orion

Hey,

I guess you'd have to patch Hospitality's method that creates the guest bed definitions and replace the bed class with yours.

I don't have much time to look into it, but I guess that should work.

jptrrs

Quote from: Orion on March 05, 2019, 04:49:28 AM
Hey,

I guess you'd have to patch Hospitality's method that creates the guest bed definitions and replace the bed class with yours.

I don't have much time to look into it, but I guess that should work.

Ok, good to know. I found out there is a tutorial on using Harmony to do this stuff and I'm trying it out then. I'll come back if I screw everything and need rescuing :-D
Thanks.

Orion

Update
1.0.13 - 10.03.2019
- New: Highlight for "Make Default" to clarify what is set
- New: Added "..." button in guests tab that opens the personal guest tab
- Fix: "Guests drop food" bug
- Fix: Shopping area saying "unrestricted" instead of "no shopping"
- Fix: Target version
- Tweak: "Area of accommodation" renamed to "Allowed area"
- New: Included Maeyanie's code for configuring selling price factor (create a file "Hospitality.cfg" in RimWorld's config folder, add the line PriceFactor=0.85 and tweak is as desired)

Jiro

Suddenly, when I make a new guest area from the guest tab, it doesn't appear, and guests/travelers don't respect the area restrictions. Having trouble with some elephant-riding traders who keep coming into the main building and eating at the table with all their animals, I've tried all I can think of to fix this and I haven't found a solution online. Did anyone else experience this issue?

fledermaus

Traders aren't guests I think. So they don't use Hospitality's system.
The Trading Spot mod will let you choose where traders mostly hang out, but they'll still wander around some...

Orion

Update
1.0.14 - 30.03.2019
- New: Known visitors will now return more often
- Tweak: Amount of guests visiting now increases slowly over playtime (fewer guests at start of new game)
- New: Opt-in setting to receive notification when guests buy things
- New: Guests' social tab shows friend status
- New: Special relationships (like relatives) now count as 2 friends
- Fix: Brazilian/Portuguese fix by Marcos

Orion

I don't see how the screenshot is proof, but I'm glad for you that it works.

sievish

Hi Orion! Im new to Rimworld AND your mod, and so far I love both!
I was just wondering if there was a way I could limit the amount that people are visiting, or at least move it back to the default-- just make it a more rare occurrence. I really just wanted the recruit-guest capability, but the constant visitors makes it feel like im running a hotel sim more than a survival sim..
any tips? is there a way I can tweak the file? sorry if the setting is obvious, super new to it!! thanks for your hard work it.

Orion

There are mod options that allow you to change some settings. The frequency of visitors is related to the amount of allied/neutral factions around you and how far they are away.

You can also immediately send them away again. Or piss them off, then they won't come back so soon either.

stille_nacht

Is there any non-rp reason to actually build out a hotel, or is it basically always better to just have a massive joint guest/recreation/sleeping room as your "hotel"?

Canute

You need to good your guests a good feeling.
This can be a good environment, like good beds much recreation ...
Mosttimes my guests use my home area and use the normal recreations objects.
But if you base isn't that comfortable, you should use the Entertain flag, so your pawn's speak with them and maybe increase their opinion toward your colony.

forumgod

Visiting caravan guards use my base facilities and don't leave until they starve