[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mistrornge

Is there a way to return to the old method of recruiting?  I liked that I could designate a pawn for recruitment and that pawn is worked by my social team.  Is there a way to have both methods?

blopi

The old method consisted in recruiting "captured" pawns. Meaning, you had to capture a pawn to be able to recruit them (in my experience, I never could recruit a rescued pawn (even from Space...), I had to capture them, lower their resistance, and then, when the resistance felt to zero, it was possible to recruit the pawn.

(Edit few days later: I managed to recruit a rescued pawn (from Space) after many tests! Well, I did not recruit him, he joined my colony, which is a bit different).

With Hospitality mod, it is now a bit more elaborated.
Still, you can capture pawns with the objective of recruiting them.
Now, when a group of guests pawns come to your colony, it is working a bit differently.
You need to be at least not "hostile" with a faction to be able to recruit a pawn from a different faction (because they will "visit" you).
Recruiting a pawn from another faction will cost you "Goodwill" points (relationship points between your faction and the pawn's faction. You can check these points in the faction tab). The more a guest has friends in your colony and the more he feels well inside your walls, the lower the price (Goodwill points) will be. Raising the number of friends consists in making your "diplomate pawns" making friends with guests. Raising the Hospitality consists in making a nice place to receive your guest (with joy buildings and rich place).

Your diplomates will engage your guests (as like as when you asked your pawn to lower the resistance of a prisoner). And when the guest will have the necessary friends for him to feel welcomed in your colony, you will be able to recruit him. There's a difference here, because if there's an ultimate "talk" between the prisoner and one of your pawn before recruiting the prisoner, there is not with a guest, you only have to press the recruit button.

Now if you want to work like the old method, just receive (entertain - engage) your guest (without making friends), and select "making friends" the one(s) you would like to join your company.

You may control that in the Guest Tab by toggling the options.
The phylactery is about entertaining your guest ; the little star is making friends.

Orion

Update
1.0.34 - 08.02.2020
- New: You can trade with all guests from now on, but guests won't bring a trader anymore
- Fix: Added faction type and name in error when failing to spawn guests
- Fix: Updated French translations (thanks to Blopi)
- Fix: Added missing translation files for guests button
- Fix: Added faction, area of accommodation and shopping area labels for translation
- Fix: Guests without lords losing their guest menu
- Fix: Trading with recovered pawns works now too

blopi

Good morning Orion!

Thank you for your update.

In the load screen, here is what it is said, and when I am loading the last version, guest beds disappeared.
Maybe you need more informations? I really do not know how to report a bug, please excuse me for this. I wish I could do it better...

Quote from: ConceptDef named GuestBedsCould not resolve cross-reference to RimWorld.ConceptDef named GuestBeds (wanter=knowledge)
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.DirectXmlCrossRefLoader:TryResolveDef(String, FailMode, Object)
Verse.WantedRefForDictionary`2:TryResolve(FailMode)
Verse.DirectXmlCrossRefLoader:ResolveAllWantedCrossReferences(FailMode)
Verse.DirectXmlLoader:ItemFromXmlFile(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.PlayerKnowledgeDatabase:ReloadAndRebind()
RimWorld.PlayerKnowledgeDatabase:.cctor()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

Quote from: Failed to load key/value pair
Failed to load key/value pair: , 0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.WantedRefForDictionary`2:TryResolve(FailMode)
Verse.DirectXmlCrossRefLoader:ResolveAllWantedCrossReferences(FailMode)
Verse.DirectXmlLoader:ItemFromXmlFile(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.PlayerKnowledgeDatabase:ReloadAndRebind()
RimWorld.PlayerKnowledgeDatabase:.cctor()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

Canute

blopi,
at the log window you should see a green button "Share log" use it and post the link please.

blopi

Here is the link.

It is said that translation data for language French has 158 errors. Generate translation report for more info.
-> I will look into that, because I took the previous french folder as it is. So I will try to take another translation file, translate it and test to see if there are still french translations errors. If you need a hand (while I am not qualified with your skills), please feel free to ask me.

PS: I am also trying to quit all mods I have by deactivating them one by one to see if it is a mod conflict.

----------------------------------
Edit:
Orion, I restored the default settings of the game, and it the errors do not appear... I do not know why?
Oh goodness, I have to configure another time all the mods :P

Please excuse me for my previous intervention, as it appears the errors are "gone"?

Edit2:

Now, before "reporting" something, I will restore the default settings, and then see what it is happening.

Edit3:
Thank you for the update :)

Orion

Update
1.0.35 - 10.02.2020
- Fix: Traders and travelers having wrong color and missing trade icon

Here's a hotfix for the trade caravan issue. You might also want to update to the latest version of Soft Warm Beds if you use that mod.

blopi

Good morning!
Thank you for the last updates Orion, everything is working fine on my side, I tried to reproduce the error I met, but without success...

Because now we can trade with every guest, it is possible to offer "meal" to a rescued pawn when he is becoming a guest, and not seeing him starving to death during his stay.

Anyway, for the translation, here is what I did:

-> Translation of the text added in last update and things that were referring to.
......... "Guest" tab now translated in "Hospitalité" ; I can not see in the french version of the game another english word from your mod, this is really cool! Thank you again for your effort.
-> Few orthographical corrections.
......... I made some mistakes in previous translation, they are now all corrected (I hope!).

I will attach the *.zip file with this topic. It is called French Hospitality 1.0.35.zip.

Few things:

Besides the fact that your mod is working very well on my game, I made a list of things about the gameplay with the mod that seems to me curious. I tried to explain the best I could, regrouping them by subject. If it is not clear, please let me know.
-> I have to precise I did not test without any other mod than yours... So surely my test is not really "clean".
-> These tests were made on version 10.0.33 ; 10.0.34 and 10.0.35 of your mod.
-> If you believe it is not important, just do not bother and forget my message, it really is not important.

A) Factions interaction:
I am not familiar with the vanilla interaction faction without your mod. AKA, I do not have the experience on how two caravans, from factions that are enemies, are interacting towards themselves.

......... When two friendly group factions are visiting the colony at the same time, but are enemies towards themselves, the two factions are not fighting when they meet (I had an easy testing because all factions in my game are enemies among themselves).
......... Is it normal?
......... Same when a rescued pawn is becoming a guest (I do not send him away) and is meeting a group of visitor from an enemy faction inside the base, they are not fighting.
......... When a group of visitors is leaving the colony ("Send Away...") and pass close to a caravan from an enemy faction, they are not fighting.

......... BUT If a send away rescued pawn who became a guest (Refugee Pod Crash) is meeting on its way to the edge of the map a caravan from an enemy faction, they are fighting.

B) Becoming guest:
-> When fully healed, rescued pawn (Refugee Pod Crash from a friendly faction) becomes guest even if "Guest deactivated" on mod settings and with or without guest beds (I tried both).
......... However, it is possible to select the new guest and send him away.

C) Send Away...:
-> When sending away a becoming guest (after being rescued (Refugee Pod Crash)) who does not join the present guest group of the same faction, only this pawn is leaving the map.
......... The other guests of the same faction is staying (surely because they did not arrive to my colony together?).
-> When sending away a visitor who belongs to a guest group, the entire group is leaving.
......... The "Send away..." tooltip is then confusing the warning because it is the same for a rescued pawn than a visitor from a group (I explained the difference in the french tooltip but it is not specified in the english one).

D) Console:
-> I do not understand the reason (or the mechanism) why factions are not interested to visit when they have 90+ relation points.
-> Inviting a faction to visit while an enemy faction caravan is in the map of my colony:
......... It is possible to invite a faction (hospitality mod), but it is not possible to ask the same faction for a military help (vanilla).

E) Interaction between colonist and guest:
-> Just after talking to a guest, the colonist did not properly target other guest to talk with.
......... So the colonist is talking alone. It does not happen every time, but sometime.
-> There is no feedback when trying to force interact with a sleeping guest, or with a guest who was recently talked to.
......... There is no warning that says no interaction is posible because target is sleeping, or because target was recently interacted with.
-> When a guest is eating or goes on his way to eat, if he is engaged in a conversation, the meal is no longer considered his.
......... Then, the guest is loosing his meal.

F) Thoughts_Guest.xml:
-> When receiving a group of visitor:
......... In the guest Needs tab (not in the Social tab), description of interactions with visitors is always "charmed me" while there is another description "was endorsed to me" (that is never shown on my game).

Excellent day! :)

Previ

I think Hospitality broke my game. With 1.1 out I can't use Hospitality and ever since then all guests and traders never leave, starve to death and fight with each other once they start to starve. Is there something I can do to fix this problem?

Canute

dismar,
i am not sure if you remove the trader guest and let all guest be trader be a good idea.
Ok basicly you can sell more things then before but it is a pain to interact with all guest manualy for a trade.
Not sure if this is hospitality based but i notice they have barely any usefule items for sale. Previously they got depend on the faction, some components,medical,drugs but currently only 1 maybe 2 appareal parts.

So i suggest to readd the trader symbol, so the guest group act like a caravan to combine all wallets and inventories into one trade screen.

Orion

@Previ: Removing a mod mid-game is almost never a good idea. With Hospitality, it works unless there are guests on the map. So if you just update RimWorld midgame to a major new version, that's practically the same.
I recommend using the dev tools to send the guests back to the world. Not sure what it's called. Maybe Despawn or Destroy.

@Canute: Not sure who you are addressing. Guests have never worked as a caravan and that won't change with the "trade symbol", which is just an icon on pawns you can trade with, nothing else. I could let them come with more items, but to be honest, they're guests, not traders. Allowing you to trade with every guest solves many more problems than it creates.

Canute

At first sorry that i wrote dismar not Orion ! :-)
At moment it is pretty pointless for me manualy trade with guests. They don't have any useful items like at the past.
It is better to create a zone at the item's i would like to sell and let the guest buy them, they even buy items at this way i wouldn't be able to sell them with the interaction.

I don't want say it is good or bad, it is just a notifaction with the early version.
Everyone has to find his own way how to handle with the guests. :-)

Not sure how much influence you got at the equip of the guests in combination with traits.
I got a brawler with a equiped pistol, nudist with clothes.

Orion

Yeah, I guess I should add safeguards to prevent them from buying stuff that conflicts with a trait. Shouldn't be too hard.

Orion

@blopi: I had this page open for a long time, looking for a moment when I could reply to your points. Thanks for the long list of possible improvements. They're all valid points that fall into the category "should be fixed but it's not awful enough to warrant spending my weekend on" or "already on the endless todo list of how to kill my spare time".
It is an excellent list and I wish I could just go through it and fix everything, but most of these items will cost me a day or more.

It would be great if you could playtest the mod again after the 1.1 update, if you can find the time, but only focus on what's annoying for the player.

Traditionology

Happy 5 year anniversary on this mod! I think I've used it almost the whole time. Thank you for your continued updates and hard work on this <3