[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

Imgur makes it super blurry for me. No idea what you see there.
But a full log would help. Press CTRL-F12 and post the link here.

Seiryuu

Thank you for helping, friend!
https://prnt.sc/rmoeu7
CNTR-F12 doesnt work either.............
Tried the move to bottom of mod load order and to delete and redownload the mod.
The odd thing is that the PC of my girlfriend plays rimworld with the exact same mods and it is fine..!

Orion

Which version of Hospitality are you using? Is it the latest?

Seiryuu

First i installed 1.1.5. It was not working.
Then I changed load order. No working.
Then I installed 1.1.2. Still not working.
When i go to choose to make beds for guests, instead of saying "for guests", it says something like "SetBedGuestdesc" and whenever a visitor quest appears, (that screenshot), whatever I choose, nothing happens. The weird thing is that my girlfriend has THE SAME EXACT mods as me and it's running fine.

Canute

Seiryuu,
i suggest that you copy the mods folder from your girlfriend over to your, and delete your mods before.
I think there is maybe a glitch.
That you can't even made a logfile with the hugslib feature CTRL-F12 or the green Share log button, is suspect.
Enable Developer mode at the options, then check the logwindow (top left icon which appear) after you start Rimworld before you load a safegame.
Do you see any red text (error) ?

Seiryuu

Canute

Seiryuu,
you still play RimWorld 1.1.2552
DRM-free got 2575 and steam something with 258x, so you are week's behind the actual version.
You should update Rimworld at first.
That will fix your problem i think.

Then you should delete all mods that are for 1.0 only from your mods folder. Even when they arn't active Rimworld browser throw them, and throw out errors/warnings.

"Mod Damage Indicators: targetVersion field is obsolete, use supportedVersions instead."
I saw it is active, but that error show me that mod is even very old for a 1.0 mod. There is a 1.1 version.
Maybe you realy should think about the idea, to copy the whole rimworld installation from your girlfriend to your mashine ! :-)

Orion

Orion

Update

1.1.6 - 30.03.2020
- Fix: Visitors scared of ancients in cryptosleep caskets
- Fix: Update to ChineseTraditional (thanks to Miyu)
- Fix: Another shot at the bed owners bug
- Fix: 4x per day the guest list gets recalculated now to make sure no guests get lost / don't show
- Fix: Recruited lover now shouldn't show "Want to sleep with x" if they share a bed

AwfullySadPanda

Hey there. Big fan of your work!

I'm running a medium mod list of about 40 mods and trying to set this up for my son to enjoy while he has to stay at home with his broken leg, as if Covid-19 wasn't enough. But I have been running into problems loading into game (where you have pawns moving around, menu and world map are fine) and after several hours of staring at loading screens I was finally able to narrow it down to this mod specifically. Knowing how much it adds to the game I'm hoping to find a way to get around this issue and thought I'd try here since I don't know anything about coding or have experience reading crash logs.

Most of the code and error related text doesn't say anything to me but I am wondering why something about ColonistBar keeps coming up, running no mods that affect it as far as I know and just for the hell of it I tried to add a few of em separately with no success. Text about androids also popped up so I tried without Humanoid alien races and Android tiers mods but ultimately very similar looking crash report (to my eyes).

Full mod list with Androids includes:
https://pastebin.com/qx2F0KEV

Without Androids:
https://pastebin.com/Ca4g7eVz

All mods have been downloaded manually and made sure to get the 1.1 versions, only mod that seems possibly outdated is the Vanilla furniture expanded – production but the crashes persisted even when I took that (and about 25 other mods) away.

Apologies for bothering but being so close yet so far away is gnawing at me. Thanks in advance.

Canute

Hi,
at first this question would be more for Mods/Help  or Bugs/Mod bugs.

QuoteMod Humanoid Alien Races 2.0 is missing packageId in About.xml! (example: <packageId>AuthorName.ModName.Specific</packageId>)
I just checked the github from Alien race, and there is a packageID.
Errr i just notice, the release don't got any but the Master branch got one.
So i suggest to download the master in this case.
So you should check all your mods if you got the latest version.
And since you use workshop only mods, i don't know how you got these.
I suggest to use a workshop downloader like
http://steamworkshop.download/
instead of a 3. party download website.

If that all didn't help, i would try to disable mods and then try to start a new game.
At first i would start to disable all the VanillaExpanded ones.

AwfullySadPanda

Hey thanks, I was just being hopeful it would have better chance of being resolved due to being more narrowed down here but yeah that does seem more appropriate.

Testing it now how it will work with the master branch but this mod didn't affect whether hospitality ended up letting me actually play the game or not. During testing last night I had already removed all the bigger mods (mostly to save time due to dozens and dozens of reboots) with lots of sprites and such. So I ran many of those tests without Vanilla Expanded/Vegetable Garden/Rimatomics/Rimefeller, and many tests without alien races + android tiers as well.

I used that workshop downloader to get any of the mods not available through github/dropbox/google drive/mediafire and only downloaded if the mod author had mentioned the mod was up to date for 1.1.

During last nights testing as I was finally narrowing it down to being Hospitality causing the CTD, at that point I was already down to Harmony, Betterloading, Hugslib, Fluffys worktab, InGameDefEditor, PickUpAndHaul and Hospitality.

So while I kept seeing information in yellow about packageid, as soon as I removed Hospitality all the other mods seemed to work fine together. Did roughly an hour of testing with help of dev mode spawning in resources, giving pawns 10 skill in everything, researching every topic and building most worktables/furniture and then building something out of most workbenches. No crashes, few yellow warning and one red warning about "No shuffled Adulthood found for colonist of AndroidRebellionAtlas. Choosing random." As soon as I added Hospitality back in, no matter where I put it in the load order it lead to crash as the play screen with pawns opened up.

Appreciate the help, thanks!

Canute

Ok, that explain it better ! :-)
I bet Orion the mod author would like to have a hugslib logfile too since it include some additional information.
After you loaded the safegame, try to press CTRL-F12 or use the Share log button from the log window, and post the link.

AwfullySadPanda

Thanks again for speedy reply. Alrighty, this is all I can offer since as soon as the game loads into the map where you get your story popup of being crashlanded or tribal or anything, the game crashes and I can't get to debug console or menu before I'm on desktop again. Harmony doesn't seem to make a separate crash log for me anywhere currently.

https://gist.github.com/8b47d17db7b2c108b85c60c50918d2d6

Triple checked this mod config again and yeah keeps on crashing but nothing strange seems to show up in the debug log before I get into game with pawns, apart from mods which aren't even loaded being mentioned I mean. Menus and world map are perfectly alright.

Crash log with only half a dozen mods remaining:
https://pastebin.com/CsbUU1EZ

Orion

What baffles me is how you get so many errors right away, looking at the crash log.

The androids mod(s) have been causing a lot of problems in the past and I wouldn't consider them very compatible.

Hospitality had a few CTDs in the early 1.1 stages, but I haven't heard of any for days or even weeks now.

Here's something that might affect you. A while ago someone pointed out that disabled 1.0 mods caused problems. When he deleted them, things worked fine again. Why any of them would be doing anything beats me, but then it's worth a look.

Do you properly delete mod folders when you update them?

Note that adding mods to savegames is normally no problem, but removing them after having saved with them can render the savegame useless. Some mods (like Hospitality) require specific circumstances under which it is save to remove the mod without breaking your savegame. This leads some players to come to wrong conclusions as to which mod is causing them problems.

But in your case, Hospitality looks like a good Bet. Apart from the android mods. They're so much trouble.