[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AwfullySadPanda

Hey there. This was on a fresh install of the game with all the mods downloaded in the last few days. So I had no previous mods anywhere (not in game folder or old downloaded archives). But I figured I'd run another test by removing almost all mods from the mod folder as well (so nothing is left disabled).

So I ran with Harmony, Betterloading, Core, Royalty, Hugslib and Hospitality. This time I actually made it to game but instantly debug window popped up and spammed me with hundreds of messages a second (or so it felt like). I don't know if it makes a difference but I am running the 32 bit version currently. Didn't see any mods mention specifically that they needed or recommended 64 bit over 32 bit. Also did my third re-download of the mods in question just in case to eliminate broken archives/files.

https://pastebin.com/EFXqEWtR

I know it's irrelevant since it's different version and there are number of factors but I didn't have issues running 40-50 major mods (almost all the same mods I have now) in 1.0 while combining Hospitality and Androidtiers (played for about 150 hours fully exploring all mods). Funny enough the same yellow and red warnings I got back then I seem to be getting now but they don't stop gameplay, they just interrupt it at times with dev tools enabled due to popup.

Either way appreciate the help, maybe one day then. Keep up the good work, absolutely love the mod and feel it's such a natural fit for Rimworld, even more so now with Royalty.

Orion

I think most mods are compiled for 64bit. So that could be an issue.

Orion

What I was trying to get at is that you might be trying to load a savegame that is broken, even though your modlist is fine.

Orion

For example this:
Root level exception in OnGUI(): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Pawn.get_MentalStateDef () [0x00000] in <7cb95351605e47d3906f002a207a7287>:0

hints at a missing mental state, that could have been saved by a mod that was removed later.

Orion

RimWorld is pretty robust, and so are most of its mods. Usually, nothing (apart from an infinite loop) causes crashes. At worst you can't load a game.
But that doesn't mean errors or warnings don't have any consequences. It usually means something somewhere is going wrong and it will have unexpected side effects down the line. For example that the game breaks with a seemingly unrelated mod hours later. So as soon as you disregard one single error and save the game, you take the risk that this savegame will break with any mod (or vanilla) somewhere in the future.

AwfullySadPanda

Alrighty, might give 64 bit a try soonish then. I wish I got as far as loading a save game, all these tests were made simply trying to get in the game in the first place. Main menu + character picking + world menu picking a location for settlement all worked but as soon as I get the actual map loaded and the pods are barely beginning to fall with the popup explaining your backstory, the game instantly crashes. With the latest test being an exception but instead of crash just throwing lots of red error instead.

But alright, thanks for your time! Wish you a good day.

Orion

That sounds like an installation problem, or indeed the 32 vs 64-bit thing.

Also, note that here %appdata%\..\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios there are resistant files that will survive a reinstallation and if corrupted can cause problems. Your savegames are stored there as well (back them up).
If you reinstall the game, make sure to clear out -everything- (and keep backups of your savegames).

Canute

QuoteThat sounds like an installation problem, or indeed the 32 vs 64-bit thing.
You are the modder, but i never hear that a mod is for 32 or 64 bit only, even when they got assemblies.

Orion

It should work, but then, I haven't heard of anyone using the 32 bit application anymore until now.

crowman

I installed this mod the other day and 36 minutes into my naked brutality run I had some caravan travel through the area and set up shop near my cabin. I kinda felt bad for the suckers seeing as how they only had 3 meals to go around the 5 of them so I built a small house with some humble bedding and assigned them to it. However, they refused to enter the houses so I went to chat with them, maybe they needed a little bit of coercing and as soon as I got within 2 meters of them I heard the FBI knock my door down, all suited up in hazmats like they were here to defuse a thermonuclear device. Luckily they haven't found that one yet but they yelled at me to uninstall the mod, the game, wipe my HDD clean and follow social distancing rules. Is that a bug?

Orion

Sorry, I couldn't reproduce that. Sounds like that problem is specific to your combination of mods. Do you by any chance use the FBI Early Warning mod?

Orion

Update

1.1.7 - 03.04.2020
- Fix: Guests won't buy or wear stuff they can't wear due to missing body parts
- Fix: Guests shouldn't have question marks when leaving now
- Fix: Error when sending guests away before they have arrived
- Fix: Error when trying to take off royal headgear
- Tweak: Royal pawns have a much lower chance of spawning now

TopIn

Quote from: Orion on April 02, 2020, 07:57:05 AM
That sounds like an installation problem, or indeed the 32 vs 64-bit thing.

Also, note that here %appdata%\..\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios there are resistant files that will survive a reinstallation and if corrupted can cause problems. Your savegames are stored there as well (back them up).
If you reinstall the game, make sure to clear out -everything- (and keep backups of your savegames).

sure works at 32 and 64 i tried

FloK

Hey guys.

I just spent a couple of hours translating the mod into french, from the previous blopi's 1.0 [in "Outdated Languages.zip"] and the current italian version.

It works great in-game for the moment, so I have made a .zip of it. If there are some french speakers around, please let me know if you are satisfied with the translation.

For Steam users : see below.
For GoG users : unzip /French/ folder into Hospitality-1.1.7\1.1\Languages

Have fun !

Update :
Attachment removed : you can grab the translation as a sub-mod here from now on : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2054554258

Orion

Thanks for your contribution! I'll include it in the next version.

Note for Steam users: Do NOT touch the mod folder. This can cause future updates to fail. If you want to change the mod, copy the mod to your mods folder in the RimWorld installation folder. You can modify it there.