[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

Thanks a lot for all the feedback guys! This is very important to improve the mod and I really appreciate it. I will look into fixing as much as possible. But: what I really need from you, apart from the description of what's happening is:
- screenshots of the expanded (first) error in the console (all the cryptic stuff, I really need that)
- if that's not possible, the log file from the game's data folder

If you're having issues with a savegame, please also include your savegame. It's found here:
%appdata%\..\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Saves
or here:
%appdata%\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Saves

Dewion

you didn't reply are this and prison improvements working together, does anyone else have problems? They do modify same files right?
I already deleted my prev colony and started a new one without this mod. I couldn't wait any longer, also I will probly start soon another one, then i test them together again.

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Dragoon

By the way can you heavily reduce the negative amount from worsening seriously it like -10 every time it's bad and +1 for the time it is good.
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Orion

Quote from: Dragoon on March 27, 2015, 10:29:31 PM
By the way can you heavily reduce the negative amount from worsening seriously it like -10 every time it's bad and +1 for the time it is good.
I'll make it a bit less extreme. There has to be a penalty for playing the odds, though.

Quote from: Javis on March 26, 2015, 09:14:41 PM
Running Alpha 9.725.
Might help to run the latest version.

Quote from: LustrousWolf on March 26, 2015, 07:12:23 PM
BUg when I recruit a guest they will always have there weapon out.
Looking into it.

Quote from: L.Max on March 26, 2015, 02:33:17 PM
can i have the previous version package so i can finish my original colony? (note to myself: i will keep the outdated mods packages from now on, just in case)
Attached.

Quote from: T-Wrecks on March 26, 2015, 04:38:36 AM
Is it possible to make it so that your colonists are only allowed to recruit or chat with each vistor once? That way when the visitors leave your colonists wont go running off after them. I have lost multiple colonists in this fashion. Lol.
I'll make it so, that you can only influence them while they're on your home zone. That'll fix several problems at once.

Quote from: Dewion on March 25, 2015, 10:22:56 AM
I'm using bunch of other mods, including "prison improvements" is that the problem?
If it is, anyway to make them work together, or do I have to choose? :D
I'll see what I can do. Prison improvements seems pretty intrusive, so I may not be able to make it properly compatible.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Dragoon

Yeah but I get 1+ from an good job which is 87% if i am lucky then somehow I get it wrong once and boom it drops -10 XD. It's funny until it drops and they turn hostile lol.

LustrousWolf

Quote from: T-Wrecks on March 26, 2015, 04:38:36 AM
Is it possible to make it so that your colonists are only allowed to recruit or chat with each vistor once? That way when the visitors leave your colonists wont go running off after them. I have lost multiple colonists in this fashion. Lol.

Instead of just talking once, can you not make colonist just not talk to visitors after it says they are leaving your colony?

Orion

Quote from: LustrousWolf on March 28, 2015, 05:26:14 AM
Instead of just talking once, can you not make colonist just not talk to visitors after it says they are leaving your colony?
I'm making it so that they will only be talked to while they're in your home zone. What you suggest is actually rather difficult to implement.

Quote from: Dragoon on March 28, 2015, 04:01:03 AM
Yeah but I get 1+ from an good job which is 87% if i am lucky then somehow I get it wrong once and boom it drops -10 XD. It's funny until it drops and they turn hostile lol.
I'm lowering it a bit (5-10 instead of 10). If your colonist is shit at being social, the results should reflect that (and maybe you shouldn't send him to entertain your allies). With a semi-decent talker it's already not so bad anymore. Since positive relationship translates almost directly to money or new recruits, it must not come cheap.

Orion

Changelog
1.02 - 28.03.2015
- ensured converting crash survivors works
- ensured compatibility with "prison improvements" (hospitality should be loaded first)
- targets will now only be talked to while they are in your home zone
- fixed weapons out bug
- slightly less negative impact
- fixed that some buffs were inverted

LustrousWolf

Quote from: Orion on March 28, 2015, 09:14:32 AM
Quote from: LustrousWolf on March 28, 2015, 05:26:14 AM
I'm making it so that they will only be talked to while they're in your home zone. What you suggest is actually rather difficult to implement.

Yes true, sorry about that. Well just inside the home region still seems good. Good luck with the mod :D

Dewion

Quote from: Orion on March 28, 2015, 09:20:56 AM
Changelog
1.02 - 28.03.2015
- ensured converting crash survivors works
- ensured compatibility with "prison improvements" (hospitality should be loaded first)
- targets will now only be talked to while they are in your home zone
- fixed weapons out bug
- slightly less negative impact
- fixed that some buffs were inverted

Yay, I will test it with my next colony. I'm starting a new one 'couse I ran in some trouble in recent colony.

LustrousWolf

I started a colony a few days ago with the version before this, is it safe to just take out the old version and put in the new version and continue my colony? or do i have to start again OnO

Mechanoid Hivemind

Do i need to start over or not? IE save compatible?
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Orion

I always try my mods on old saves and I make sure noone has to start over between versions. It should work fine, but I can't guarantee that there won't be specific circumstances that will cause problems. As always, keep backups of your saves if they're important to you.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Orion on March 29, 2015, 12:00:44 PM
I always try my mods on old saves and I make sure noone has to start over between versions. It should work fine, but I can't guarantee that there won't be specific circumstances that will cause problems. As always, keep backups of your saves if they're important to you.
Well i did get a red message but i have always gotten it with interface mod from EDB so it wasnt your mod doing it
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.