[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wedgebert

Quote from: Deon on April 24, 2016, 06:10:53 PM
With the new game with 11b I experience a weird issue. It starts saying "Visitors from *** are leaving." 100 times in a row with 100 millisecond interval, beeping all the time, until they finally leave.

I was receiving this as well. The guests were in a corner of my initial warehouse and kept alternating between heading towards the door and heading back to the corner. On a whim, I built a door right above where they kept turning around at and everything went back to normal.

Odd since my warehouse was barely 11-12 tiles tall and maybe five wide. Seems like they were giving up pathfinding too early.

nuschler22

Quote from: Orion on April 24, 2016, 07:55:52 AM
Quote from: nuschler22 on April 21, 2016, 12:14:53 PM
Well, I guess its time to remove the mod since it feels useless now.   

I asked a simple question and apparently people don't know or are too busy to answer. 

Shame.  This was a great mod.
That's the spirit.

I suppose the spirit would be to answers peoples questions before they felt the need to remove a mod that didn't work.

But, so be it. 

Geroj

Quote from: nuschler22 on April 24, 2016, 09:46:30 PM

I asked a simple question and apparently people don't know or are too busy to answer. 

That's the spirit.

I suppose the spirit would be to answers peoples questions before they felt the need to remove a mod that didn't work.

But, so be it.

Dont really understand why you think that creator of this mod was obliged to answer to you ...Why do you think you are so special and need special treatment?

Orion

Thanks for your patience everyone and for trying the latest version.

I couldn't reproduce the non-leaving / message spamming problem yet. Are any of you getting errors in the console when RimWorld starts up or after loading your savegame? Letting me see those would be tremendously helpful.

Orion

Quote from: Deon on April 24, 2016, 06:10:53 PM
With the new game with 11b I experience a weird issue. It starts saying "Visitors from *** are leaving." 100 times in a row with 100 millisecond interval, beeping all the time, until they finally leave.
Quote from: InfiniteRemnant on April 24, 2016, 09:18:15 PM
Help. They won't leave. the non-stop beeping is driving me nuts.
Quote from: wedgebert on April 24, 2016, 09:40:00 PM
I was receiving this as well. The guests were in a corner of my initial warehouse and kept alternating between heading towards the door and heading back to the corner. On a whim, I built a door right above where they kept turning around at and everything went back to normal.

Hotfix
1.11b - 25.04.2016
- hotfix: fixed error when visitors leave

I think I managed to nail down to what the problem was! Unless you saved while getting the error, it should now work as intented, without guests leaving over and over. I've just updated 1.11b with the fix, so just delete your old Hospitality folder and put it in again, if you already had it.

Please let me know if this fixed the issue or if you still encounter the same problem.

db48x

Yes, the updated save fixed it (even though I loaded a save created after the problem began). I must say though that uploading a new version of the mod without bumping the version number is a bit annoying; it makes it harder to know that there is an update.

Also, I have the backtrace for the exception if you want to make sure:

System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements
  at Verse.GenCollection.MaxBy[Thing,Single] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 selector, IComparer`1 comparer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenCollection.MaxBy[Thing,Single] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 selector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.LordToil_VisitPoint.LeaveSatisfied (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.LordToil_VisitPoint.Leave () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.LordToil_VisitPoint.Cleanup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Group.Lord.GotoToil (Verse.AI.Group.LordToil newLordToil) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  [...the rest ommitted]

jackarbiter

"- recruiters now stop if opinion is maxed out or too low"

Good to see this change.

Will there ever be some option for people who've crashed on your map to stay as guests for a minute? I haven't looked through that section of the game's code, so I don't know if it'd be someone you could grab based on status before they wander off.

Had one of my colonist's brothers crash down, revived him back from nothing, the second he was well he's like "adios!" And I'm out some medicine. Happens a lot, but was especially annoying that the dude was related.

Also kinda messed up that you can recruit a trader and they leave all their stuff, but I can't remember if you've addressed this or if it was too out of reach of fixing in code.

Don't mean to nitpick, definitely one of the best mods.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

nuschler22

Quote from: Geroj on April 25, 2016, 02:41:11 AM
Quote from: nuschler22 on April 24, 2016, 09:46:30 PM

That's the spirit.

But, so be it.

Dont really understand why you think that creator of this mod was obliged to answer to you ...Why do you think you are so special and need special treatment?

It was a simple question.  This is the first time I've asked a simple question and received a response like this on this board. 

As I said, so be it. Plenty of other mods.  If that's the attitude, it's easier to use other mods that actually work.

Again, as I said, I appreciate the hard work and said it was a great mod (which was totally ignored), but when you make a mod and it's not working, it's fairly typical to answer questions about it.

By the way, I've had the repeating message thing as well.   Reloading the game resets it.

Orion

Quote from: db48x on April 25, 2016, 09:29:54 AM
I must say though that uploading a new version of the mod without bumping the version number is a bit annoying; it makes it harder to know that there is an update.
Good point. Just saves me a little bit of time, but true.

Quote from: db48x on April 25, 2016, 09:29:54 AM
Also, I have the backtrace for the exception if you want to make sure:
Yep, that's the one. Thanks :)

Quote from: jackarbiter on April 25, 2016, 09:58:05 AM
Will there ever be some option for people who've crashed on your map to stay as guests for a minute? I haven't looked through that section of the game's code, so I don't know if it'd be someone you could grab based on status before they wander off.
I never saw this as an issue. I always capture crashlanders, Spacers don't seem to mind.

Also kinda messed up that you can recruit a trader and they leave all their stuff, but I can't remember if you've addressed this or if it was too out of reach of fixing in code.
True. Although the small traders usually don't carry much with them. I could add the value of their belongings to how much their chief gets annoyed, or just forbid recruiting the trader. So far I haven't had a situation myself where it was really worth recruiting the trader for what he carried.
[/quote]

Don't mean to nitpick, definitely one of the best mods.

Quote from: nuschler22 on April 25, 2016, 10:34:25 AM
As I said, so be it. Plenty of other mods.  If that's the attitude, it's easier to use other mods that actually work.
Read back your post. It's loaded with blame and entitlement. Even the part about it -having been- a great mod. If your fuse is so short that you can't wait a few days for a response before blowing up, you really should find a different place to complain.

jackarbiter

Quote from: Orion on April 25, 2016, 11:18:38 AM
I never saw this as an issue. I always capture crashlanders, Spacers don't seem to mind.

I guess I was not wanting to capture my own dude's brother, and figured he'd hang out as a guest... I didn't know if there would be repercussions since it always tells me spacers get angry, but I guess there aren't really any spacers that pay attention to this. I'll just capture them from now on.

My problem with recruiting the trader was A) everyone else enjoyed the trip so much I still got a net gain positive relation after recruiting (but I probably had the early bonus to success), B) the trader had... I think tons of expensive seeds since I was unfortunately using the seed mod at the time (got rid of it for my next playthrough) and C) I didn't want to game the trader for the thousand silver in seeds but objectively as a colonist with the skillset I needed it was by far the best option. I can live with recruiting traders as it is now, but if you are tweaking around and address this in some manner that'll be cool also.

Thanks again for listening to the feedback.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

nuschler22

Edit:  For those having issues with the message still repeating and visitors not leaving slowing your game, if you have a save before visitors arrive, you can disable the mod and use that save.  After they arrive, if you remove the mod, the save won't load due to errors.

Your hotfix didn't work.  The message still repeats.  Now it's game breaking as the visitors won't leave and the game slows down to a crawl.

I tried removing the mod from my current save and it broke my game (errors out, won't load).  I tried a new colony on a new map just to make sure it wasn't the old save and still repeats.

Good luck with the mod.  It's great.  But as I said, there are other mods where the modders don't take it as a personal attack when people have questions when it's broken.

Orion

Quote from: nuschler22 on April 25, 2016, 12:26:42 PM
Your hotfix didn't work.  The message still repeats.  Now it's game breaking as the visitors won't leave and the game slows down to a crawl.
I really can't help you if I don't know the error you're getting. It's likely you're having a conflict with another mod. Without the full error message there is nothing I can do.

Endoric

improves relationship while guest is asleep.

improves relationship very very quickly.  Should be a longer conversation.

InfiniteRemnant

Quote from: Orion on April 25, 2016, 11:18:38 AM
To my knowledge the only thing spacer relations effected in past versions of Rimworld was trade ship prices. They'll never attack/visit.
Probably why it's a hidden stat.

ORCACommander

well 11 A was working with my mod load order before now 11b breaks and causes a reset:

<li>Core</li>
<li>EdBModOrder</li>
<li>EdBPrepareCarefully</li>
<li>Community Core Library</li>
<li>Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks</li>
<li>ED-MoreVanillaTurrets</li>
<li>ED-LaserDrill</li>
<li>Industrialisation</li>
<li>GlitterTech</li>
<li>ExpandedProsthetics&amp;OrganEngineering</li>
<li>ED-Embrasures</li>
<li>ED-Plant24H</li>
<li>ED-ReinforcedStuff</li>
<li>ED-Shields</li>
<li>Hospitality</li>
<li>RepairBench</li>
<li>VeinMiner</li>
<li>More Factions Spawn</li>

Since the critical alert message is rather vague as to where the error occurs or which reason for why it occurs I am not sure where the conflict arises apart from that it would not be repair bench, vein miner nor faction spawns