[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

Quote from: Topper on August 17, 2016, 04:21:04 AM
This mod is great but it seems recruiting people is too easy. My social 9 person never seems to fail to convince people to join on the first try. Perhaps in order to recruit you need to have a faction rep of at least +50?

edit I was just reading the front page and I learned about beds and guest rooms..Ive never use that stuff but unless I recruit someone from them the visitors/traders always leave me gifts and have an amazing time. Something must not be working right ?
You have a bit of a grace period in the beginning (low expectations).
I also changed the system that it's much easier to recruit now. I didn't like how it was so much hit and miss before. Getting visitors to join does cost you reputation with them, which takes a while to build up. It has become harder in the latest update.
I don't think it's a bad thing to be able to recruit the person you want to. Maybe I will slightly increase the relationship damage for recruiting as well. But first I want to see what people think about the latest version.

Quote from: chaotix14 on August 17, 2016, 04:43:17 AM
Could you also make it so that visitors bring actual food with them to eat? Having a visitor eating your food because he brought kibble for himself to eat, is mildy annoying(especially when you don't exactly have a surplus of food).
They usually do, and they usually eat that first as well. That they bring kibble for themselves shouldn't happen too often.

biship

Just started getting the attached error today. Hospitality is the only mod in the error list. I don't have a mod that overwrites the spacer faction.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Orion

@biship: It must be a different mod that causes this. Hospitality isn't touching spacers either, and I haven't changed anything to how visitors are being spawned for several versions...

Can you share your mod list?

biship

Factions_Hidden.xml in core is the only XML touching spacer, I don't have a mod that does.
I don't know how to create the mod list, ModsConfig.xml has steam mod numbers, not names.

Exende

Orion

I've uploaded a new Hospitality build for you (1.14i), on startup it will generate a list of all mods with their full names. You can copy it from output_log.txt

DariusWolfe

You know what would be a really useful idea? A mod whose sole function is to output common debug data that isn't included in the normal error logs, such as a complete list of loaded mods, as well as the files they overwrite, more detailed bug descriptions, etc.

Telarin

As of at least the last version (possibly earlier, but I first noticed the issue today) visitors will buy items from ANY stockpile, not just those in their room. This has resulted in visitors buying items that I really can't spare, such as components.

Deimos Rast

Quote from: Telarin on August 17, 2016, 06:18:50 PM
As of at least the last version (possibly earlier, but I first noticed the issue today) visitors will buy items from ANY stockpile, not just those in their room. This has resulted in visitors buying items that I really can't spare, such as components.

^^^this with the latest version is happening a lot and it's pretty bad. I've started killing everyone who enters my base because of it, because they rob me blind. Then I get messages saying "The visit went as expected" as the last body hits the floor and I'm suddenly worried.  :o
It was bad enough that they took my *locked* booze and berry soda every visit, but when my doctor has to make a mad dash to the med cabinet before the "guests" clean it out so he can perform the next operation...that seems a bit extreme.
:P
(first post, woo)
#StopPluginAbuse

sharpshot4321

Just a quick update.
It seems my issues were entirely related to the save itself, as I have started a new colony and have none of my previous issues.
Thanks for taking the time to look at it.

Orion

Thanks for reporting your issues, guys.

Changelog
1.14j - 18.08.2016
- fix: guests buying from storage outside guest rooms
- fix: dead enemies and infestation preventing visitors from coming

1.14i - 17.08.2016
- new: guests will respect forbidden tags
- new: guests will buy from containers

I haven't made so many updates within one alpha ever before...

JT

Quote from: Orion on August 18, 2016, 04:10:11 AM

What happens when you reach "z"? =)

Deimos Rast

Thanks for reporting your issues, guys.

Changelog
1.14j - 18.08.2016
- fix: guests buying from storage outside guest rooms
- fix: dead enemies and infestation preventing visitors from coming

1.14i - 17.08.2016
- new: guests will respect forbidden tags
- new: guests will buy from containers

Thanks!
Much appreciated.
#StopPluginAbuse

Orion

Quote from: JT on August 18, 2016, 12:49:19 PM

What happens when you reach "z"? =)
Then I'll take a vacation until the next alpha.

nuschler22

Can someone explain how to sell things to visitors and recommend what to leave in rooms?

On my phone so if this information was provided I didn't see it.

Thanks