[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grishnerf

i wrote this already on steam:

no visitors at all on a running save after a season(15 days)
Need to test more today.

i have plenty of extra factions. maybe this is an issue. (cthulhu, orrassans, rimsenal)
i have paid every faction some silver to get them above 50 rep. (except the hostile ones ofcourse)
no one is visiting as if they knew it's a deathtrap.
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

Orion

Quote from: Psychology on January 03, 2017, 02:23:23 PM
The work priorities getting messed up is not a bug. It happens whenever you install a mod that adds new WorkGivers mid-playthrough.
It's a vanilla bug that Tynan refuses to fix. The problem was not actually adding a new one but renaming an existing one. Adding a new one doesn't work out of the box either, though. But I fixed that now. Now I can add new work types mid game.

@Grishnerf: Try playing a bit longer. I've had even longer times without visitors. It is true, though, that A16 has greatly reduced the frequency of visitors but ALSO reduced the ability to increase the frequency via the incident. Now it has to be done via the storyteller. I am very reluctant to make Hospitality override all storytellers, though. It feels like something it shouldn't do.

System.Linq

How'd you fix that, then? I'd like to add new work types mid-game.

Tinkerer

Thorbane

Is there an option to reject rescuees that want to join, or did that get removed with the A16 update?

Orion

@psychology: The source code is included. The the file about work settings or so. I tried to write it in a way it will work for others without having to make any changes. You will need to use detours, though.

@Thorbane: It's still there, but Tynan added that rescuees join you before the dialog shows. If people really mind, I could disable it and replace it with mine.

Canute

Yes, please.
I realy hate it when someone joins without asking.
Special i am currently running an Orassan colony and don't want join any human i rescue for kindness.

ChrisEMahler

Has anyone else experienced this? Using Hospitality makes me unable to open up the 'work' tab. That means I can't use the mod which sucks cause it's a must have in my opinion.

Orion

Sounds like a conflict. I've tested it pretty thorough with my mod list. But different order and different mods can make a difference.

Canute

No conflict here, and i use the Work tab mod.

And these extra diplo work was a great addition, finaly the wannabe diplo's don't ruin the standing but still pratice at the prisoner !!

kcirdor

Quote from: Canute on January 04, 2017, 03:43:56 AM
Yes, please.
I realy hate it when someone joins without asking.
Special i am currently running an Orassan colony and don't want join any human i rescue for kindness.

Yea, I don't like the auto join or the wanderer joins so I disabled the wanderer and I only capture refugees and release them.   The only problem remaining is rescuing an ally faction's pawn, they have a chance to join you automatically instead of just healing up and leaving.

Utterbob

Been running this for quite a few in-game days now and all seems to be working except I can't sell the guest bed item to any trader type. Also appears that guests are never leaving silver (every guest has left on max hospitality rating so far), nor buying anything from the room but these last 2 need more testing on my part.

P.S. Great mod, great idea, thanks!

Canute

What kind of things the guest left is random, my guest leave serveral things they got for sale before, but never silver so far.

But i can't say if they buy things or not, i got smokeleafe in their room, but didn't watch it, nor i didn't notice any silver from buying it.

Yoso

A wanderer offered to join my colony, problem was he already joined and was on a caravan mission. When I rejected him the character disappeared. I'm totally modded up so I'm not sure if it's just a hospitality bug.

DariusWolfe

That sounds like it might potentially be a Vanilla bug, made more visible by Hospitality? You shouldn't be getting people adding who are already members of the colony, but since it removes them from the colony list when they leave the map, it seems likely that whatever algorithm checks for existing pawns hasn't been updated to look for those pawns outside of the colony map.