[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smexy_Vampire

WoodyDaOcas

Hi :) Any idea what causes guests to always gift me coal, even since I installed it ? First had the coal mod, now Hospitality. C'mon, christmas holidays are long gone :D
http://prntscr.com/dtvhx0

Orion

It's an old tradition: "If you have coal to give, bring some!"

Kulverstukass

Thieves, thieves everywhere.
Not just regular visitors, who sleep in a guest beds, but also caravan guards blatantly takes any clothes they want to wear from my stockpiles, and I'm not even living on some icesheet, so there is no urgent need or anything. On the other hand visitors (not caravans) often doesn't take bought items with them, leaving them on the floor in the guest room. It may be related to Combat Realism as it adds weight and limited inventory space.
Also, visitors prefer same table with "gathering spot" on it as colonists, mostly ignoring table with "g.s." in guest room, and as soon as they see some fancy clothing on their way through my base, guess what happens and even being watched by armed guard doesn't adds a second thought in that cleptofagget head.
With "colonist only" doors mod being dead after A6, it's least to say that such a behaviour is infuriating.
Something like colonist-only area designator or guest-prioritized area would be welcome addition.
After all, hospitality isn't only about treating guests, but also how to behave being guest.
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

Kyna Tiona

I haven't had any problems with thieves (...well, any more than vanilla), but I'm not surprised. I was a little baffled when there wasn't zone tools for designating areas guests couldn't visit, places to leave their animals, etc. It seemed kinda weird to be building special one-off "guest" furniture, rather than having something akin to the prisoner bed system.

Which is to say that it's 9/10 of an excellent mod, it's just that the last 1/10 is the one that makes the rest of it not frustrating~

Calahan

Cross-linking a bug from the mod bugs forum as been told it's possibly/probably related to the hospitality mod (although it might be a known bug): https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29499.0

Orion

@Kulverstukass: Combat Realism is most likely causing problems. Have you checked for errors when loading your mods or game? Players stuffing their games with hundreds of mods and them expecting everything to just work are infuriating too.

@Caraise: Guest areas are coming (with all the problems that solution entails). But it's not gonna replace the guest bed. If you feel like you can make the hard coded normal bed work for visitors, be my guest. The mod is open source.

Kyna Tiona

Quote from: Orion on January 13, 2017, 08:59:06 AM
@Caraise: Guest areas are coming (with all the problems that solution entails). But it's not gonna replace the guest bed. If you feel like you can make the hard coded normal bed work for visitors, be my guest. The mod is open source.

Hm. That sounds like a challenge. I'd have to look at the code before accepting, although I hadn't really intended the original post to be as offensive as it's looking to me now. I was wanting a break from the mod I was working on anyway, so I'll poke around a bit and get back to you.

EDIT: Am I correct in thinking that this is the meat of the guest bed's functionality?

var list = Map.thingGrid.ThingsListAt(Position);
                return list.OfType<Pawn>()
                    .Where(pawn => pawn.jobs.curJob != null)
                    .FirstOrDefault(pawn => pawn.jobs.curJob.def == JobDefOf.LayDown && pawn.jobs.curJob.targetA.Thing == this);

Because if so, yeah, I think I could figure something out with a static class that runs something like this code for each Building_Bed it finds within the specified guest zones. Not sure how best to get a list of all buildings located within a given area, but I'm dealing with a similar problem in my current mod's UI, so I'll probably have it figured out by the time you get the zones working.

Get back to me then, we can team up?

Orion

The problem is that beds are entangled in the medical, prisoners and sleeping system. The way Hospitality does it is fake sleeping with a custom bed and a custom sleeping job.

Also for switching between a normal bed and a guest bed the normal bed has to be heavily modified, which makes it very prone to breaking during updates.

Actually finding the beds is very easy. Btw the code for finding beds will soon be different (see github) because of the guest area feature.

So from what I can tell the work now and in the future (updating) is not worth the functionality of having shared beds.

What could work, though, is injecting a button to the normal bed that will swap the bed with a guest bed (and vice versa). Might be the simplest solution.

Kyna Tiona

Hm. Yeah, that does sound like it could be a serious pain. I'll probably end up fiddling with your mod after the next update anyway, but my smugness has been knocked down at least two notches. Which is honestly for the better, thanks~

Orion

Update
1.16d - 14.01.2017
- Fix: Visitors digging through walls when taking wounded guest
- New: Guests now need an area in which they will stay
- New: Guests can now be sent away
- Tweak: The message when guests leave is now different to make it clearer
- Tweak: Minor difficulty tweaking

Instead of guest rooms visitors will now only do stuff within their given area. Note that the default area is including all your stuff (which they will buy!). So make sure you create an area for guests.

Kyna Tiona

Canute

Quote from: Orion on January 14, 2017, 01:45:53 PM
Update
Instead of guest rooms visitors will now only do stuff within their given area. Note that the default area is including all your stuff (which they will buy!). So make sure you create an area for guests.
How ? Do you see any new area designators only at new games ?
With the current colony i don't see any ability to set up guest areas.
Ok lets wait until the next visitors comes.

Edit: i also notice more lag now, on fast gamespeed.

System.Linq

I appreciate the guest areas! And guests buying things from my colonists, makes the fridge I built for them much more useful. It'd be cool if you could disable colonists from using things in guest rooms, too.

Seeker89

I have a problem that refugee stats didn't work with this mod on. Has anybody else noticed that?