[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwWraith

Quote from: BTAxis on December 19, 2017, 11:39:46 AM
I just got my first guest, and at first everything was fine. She stayed in my guest quarters, slept in a guest room and ate the food she brought.

Then after the first night, that stopped. She didn't eat anything anymore even though she had food in her inventory and there was food in the guest zone, causing her to go into malnutrition. She also wouldn't sleep anymore, letting her sleep need drop to zero.

In the end she left dissatisfied. I'm not sure what's going on.
Couldn't it be just some mental break?

Quote from: BTAxis on December 19, 2017, 12:08:16 PM
I loaded an autosave that had that guest in it before she "broke", but this time everything went fine. No errors either. I have a suspicion though.

You see the first time around, she was going to eat one of her Packaged Survival Meals, at which point a colonist tried to entertain her. This interrupted the eating job but left the meal, which then got hauled to storage by another colonist. Later, this exact sequence of events happened again with her last remaining PSM.

(My colonists are kind of dicks.)

Anyway, I noticed and sold her back her PSMs (she was out of money anyway so I basically just gave them back), but she wouldn't eat them. Possibly the game didn't consider them as her rations anymore but rather goods to take back home.
I often see guests spending their PSMs to feed my wounded colonists and prisoners. But after that if they want to eat they just go to my freezer, take my meals and happily eat them, so it's not a big deal :)
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

BTAxis

Do guests get mental breaks? I've only had the one, so I don't know.

It's good to know that guests WILL eat colony food if given the chance. Since my single guest wouldn't touch it even if I gave her free run of the compound I was a little worried this was going to be a structural issue.
"The megasloth ducked behind the nearest piece of cover"

bigheadzach

Quote from: BTAxis on December 19, 2017, 04:48:04 PM
Do guests get mental breaks? I've only had the one, so I don't know.

Yup. Leader of a group in my game traded with me and then spent the next day or so wandering my halls and setting my furniture on fire.

BTAxis

Well anyway I doubt it was that, because her mood was pretty much topped off. The guest quarters are pretty cushy.
"The megasloth ducked behind the nearest piece of cover"

Orion

Guests should have no problem eating stuff from their inventory.
Maybe leave developer mode on for a while and see if you get errors with future guests.

PreDiabetic

What causes this error?
"Tried to spawn visitors, but they are of Faction.OfPlayer"

Orion

I'm not sure about that one. I double and triple check against guests being the player's faction. Why the error shows up really beats me. As far as I can tell it doesn't do further harm, but it's definitely an odd one.

Canute

Maybe a helper faction from other mod. Like an animal faction.
But thats not a faction to interact with.

Kagea

Thank you very much for this mod! It's amazing

justapawn_

I have Refugee stats installed. Does that means this mod wont work?

Orion

Nah, if you load hospitality first it'll be fine.

Edixo

Any way of getting this to work with Genetic Rim?
Nothing says "Home Security" like 50 turrets

Canute

Edixo,
maybe you should descripe at first your problem. If you would read the last 1-2 pages you would notice noone else got troubles.
And even then, i would report this at the Genetic Rim Thread first.

Orion

You can use it with genetic rim. But at some point visitors will come with a genetic modification from the mod and your game will break.
Obviously the solution is to ask at Genetic Rim to make it so it doesn't break the game.