[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UMK

What are features presented exactly? Listed in the thread: turrets, blast doors, organ vat, nuclear plants and shield generators.

123nick

does this change many vanilla things? does it remove anything?

Devlah

I've got piles of sand (1200) and a Glassworks with power supply, a "Make Glass" bill set, but my colonists won't make glass for some reason.  Is it possible I'm missing something?

EDIT:  Figured it out.  I also have Mechanical Defense 2 (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7380.0) installed, and it features a separate item named "Pile of Sand".  A little confusing, but one of the pitfalls of using multiple MODs I suppose.

cythedag

Make sure you redownload the latest version, he has updated it a bit since a couple days ago. He had some WorkGiverDef issues where some tables wouldn't be used.

Abrexus

Quote from: UMK on March 27, 2015, 04:09:38 PM
What are features presented exactly? Listed in the thread: turrets, blast doors, organ vat, nuclear plants and shield generators.

I am going to do a better explanation on the front page post as soon as I get some coffee in me. 

Abrexus

Quote from: cythedag on March 27, 2015, 09:29:10 PM
Make sure you redownload the latest version, he has updated it a bit since a couple days ago. He had some WorkGiverDef issues where some tables wouldn't be used.

You have been a great help, and I appreciate your taking the time.  I am going to do a thorough test tonight (as soon as I get some coffee in me) and have an updated version with bug fixes in the morning.

Abrexus

Updated to version 1e and added a more detailed description in post 2.  Once I am sure this is (mostly) bug free, I plan to expand on the temperature control system.  Please keep all the excellent feedback coming!

SadisticNemesis

Ah man I remember playing this mod in.. alpha 7? regardless I've missed it massively!
However it doesn't work with the zombie apocalypse or the EdB mods. Do you plan on making some sort of patch or is it not really possible, because I'm willing to get rid of most of those mods but the EdB interface mod is really useful and I would be rather miserable if I got rid of it!

Baarogue

Am I mistaken or aren't crafting tables now passable (half-speed?) in vanilla?

Abrexus

Quote from: SadisticNemesis on March 28, 2015, 05:55:46 AM
Ah man I remember playing this mod in.. alpha 7? regardless I've missed it massively!
However it doesn't work with the zombie apocalypse or the EdB mods. Do you plan on making some sort of patch or is it not really possible, because I'm willing to get rid of most of those mods but the EdB interface mod is really useful and I would be rather miserable if I got rid of it!

It works with both EdB interface and Prepare Carefully.  I use them both all the time.  I just did a test to make double sure, and they do in fact work.  I also tested ZA on a new map (I haven't loaded it before in alpha 9) and it's working just fine with all of the above loading as well.

Abrexus

Quote from: Baarogue on March 28, 2015, 06:03:29 AM
Am I mistaken or aren't crafting tables now passable (half-speed?) in vanilla?

They are, but I changed it because I felt it was a bit disorienting.  I may change it back, or offer an alternative version for download.

Ramsis

Hey Abrexus, did you end up fixing the "can't make biomatter" issue?

Also because I love you, please add patchnotes or announce the new versions on your main post or two.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

SadisticNemesis

Quote from: Abrexus on March 28, 2015, 06:43:12 AM
Quote from: SadisticNemesis on March 28, 2015, 05:55:46 AM

Ah okay awesome! thanks for letting Me know as I'm a mod whore and need them all. But this mod has been My most missed and I thank you massively for returning and look forward to seeing its development :)

It works with both EdB interface and Prepare Carefully.  I use them both all the time.  I just did a test to make double sure, and they do in fact work.  I also tested ZA on a new map (I haven't loaded it before in alpha 9) and it's working just fine with all of the above loading as well.

Abrexus

Quote from: Ramsis on March 28, 2015, 07:31:17 AM

Also because I love you, please add patchnotes or announce the new versions on your main post or two.

There are patch notes.....and even a new graphic for page two :o

Ramsis

Quote from: Abrexus on March 28, 2015, 07:41:40 AM
Quote from: Ramsis on March 28, 2015, 07:31:17 AM

There are patch notes.....and even a new graphic for page two :o

Oh wow I'm blind! Thank you very much :P little derped up this morning.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~