[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abrexus

Quote from: Ramsis on March 28, 2015, 07:48:26 AM
Quote from: Abrexus on March 28, 2015, 07:41:40 AM
Quote from: Ramsis on March 28, 2015, 07:31:17 AM
Hey Abrexus, did you end up fixing the "can't make biomatter" issue?

Also because I love you, please add patchnotes or announce the new versions on your main post or two.

There are patch notes.....and even a new graphic for page two :o

Oh wow I'm blind! Thank you very much :P little derped up this morning.

I was blind myself towards the end of finishing up the mod....hence all the problems with the last few things I put in....NOT ENOUGH COFFEE....
:P

Baarogue

Quote from: Abrexus on March 28, 2015, 06:44:43 AM
Quote from: Baarogue on March 28, 2015, 06:03:29 AM
Am I mistaken or aren't crafting tables now passable (half-speed?) in vanilla?

They are, but I changed it because I felt it was a bit disorienting.  I may change it back, or offer an alternative version for download.

Either way is cool, thanks! I like the idea of the added challenge and complexity of your system and look forward to playing with it. But I also liked having my crafting tables passable. :)

One question: I saw a mod request for the ability to harvest bionic/prosthetic parts from corpses. Is that possible with your mod at the cybernetics table or elsewhere? I'm actually interested in getting into modding and was thinking of trying to fulfill that request - but not if I'd be duplicating your efforts here of course. My rough plans (if it's even possible) was to make it either something a doctor could do as a bill at a medical bed, or see if it was possible to add the ability to do post-mortem operations. Alternatively, or even additionally, maybe it could be a bill at the butcher table or just part of butchering the corpse (although that carries a load of stigma) - with a chance to destroy each part reclaimed due to the lack of finesse.

Thanks again!

Abrexus

Quote from: Baarogue on March 28, 2015, 08:51:27 AM
Quote from: Abrexus on March 28, 2015, 06:44:43 AM
Quote from: Baarogue on March 28, 2015, 06:03:29 AM
Am I mistaken or aren't crafting tables now passable (half-speed?) in vanilla?

They are, but I changed it because I felt it was a bit disorienting.  I may change it back, or offer an alternative version for download.

Either way is cool, thanks! I like the idea of the added challenge and complexity of your system and look forward to playing with it. But I also liked having my crafting tables passable. :)

One question: I saw a mod request for the ability to harvest bionic/prosthetic parts from corpses. Is that possible with your mod at the cybernetics table or elsewhere? I'm actually interested in getting into modding and was thinking of trying to fulfill that request - but not if I'd be duplicating your efforts here of course. My rough plans (if it's even possible) was to make it either something a doctor could do as a bill at a medical bed, or see if it was possible to add the ability to do post-mortem operations. Alternatively, or even additionally, maybe it could be a bill at the butcher table or just part of butchering the corpse (although that carries a load of stigma) - with a chance to destroy each part reclaimed due to the lack of finesse.

Thanks again!

hmm....thats a good idea....no it's not in my mod, but if it's something you want to tackle go for it!  Maybe we can collaborate on it.

AllenWL

This mod is really, really tempting me...
Now I'll probably end up rushing my current colony and shipping all my guys off just so I can try out this mod :P

But then I'll probably have to remove a bunch of mods, and then I'll get really torn, and stuff will happen. Lots of stuff.

On a side note, what is the difference between manned turrets and auto turrets, other then the obvious fact they are automatic?
Do they need more stuff? Do they use more energy? Do you need special parts(like sensors and high-tech data processors[possible stripped off mechanoids?])

Abrexus

Quote from: AllenWL on March 28, 2015, 09:38:33 AM
This mod is really, really tempting me...
Now I'll probably end up rushing my current colony and shipping all my guys off just so I can try out this mod :P

But then I'll probably have to remove a bunch of mods, and then I'll get really torn, and stuff will happen. Lots of stuff.

On a side note, what is the difference between manned turrets and auto turrets, other then the obvious fact they are automatic?
Do they need more stuff? Do they use more energy? Do you need special parts(like sensors and high-tech data processors[possible stripped off mechanoids?])

Manned turrets use no energy and do not require "electronics"
Sentry "AI" Turrets require energy and cost extra resources but are automated.

cythedag

I really enjoy this mod. I've been playing it with Edb's prepare carefully, with 3 stock colonists and no starting out items on a arid shrub-land biome. Now granted, I'm playing on cass' rough difficulty. Still very hard.
>>Abrexus
One thing you may want to think about adding is a way to can food. Something along the line of JuliaEllie's mod that adds that. If you balance it out right, it's a great way to preserve food early in the game if you don't have the power or time to make a freezer.
Also, something like RedistHeat incorporated into the mod would be outright awesome.

Abrexus

Quote from: cythedag on March 28, 2015, 09:53:50 AM
I really enjoy this mod. I've been playing it with Edb's prepare carefully, with 3 stock colonists and no starting out items on a arid shrub-land biome. Now granted, I'm playing on cass' rough difficulty. Still very hard.
>>Abrexus
One thing you may want to think about adding is a way to can food. Something along the line of JuliaEllie's mod that adds that. If you balance it out right, it's a great way to preserve food early in the game if you don't have the power or time to make a freezer.
Also, something like RedistHeat incorporated into the mod would be outright awesome.

What if I told you the next thing being added is an expansion to heating/cooling?  I think that's an excellent idea tho....I'll add that to the list.

Ramsis

Quote from: cythedag on March 28, 2015, 09:53:50 AM
>>Abrexus

It doesn't make sense for early game. Believe it or not the canning and sanitation process is brutally advanced! That would be like a crafting 2 with power 2 option easily.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Abrexus

Quote from: Canute on March 28, 2015, 10:26:15 AM
QuoteVersion 1e fixes:
*Organ Vat now properly converts human corpses to biomatter

Still not working :-(
And the Adv. prosthetic's i can't install at the pawn's.
But since noone else mention this, it is maybe a mod conflict with ExpandedProsthetics&OrganEngineering.

But i am very impressed with the mod and your work. Maybe good things are allready there which i would need other mods for.

But i am still missing
- Storage system, i would prefer the one from RT the quantum stockpile. Because the game and the pawn can sell all the item they are stored on these pad's. Not like other box system where the item are stored inside and are invisble for the game stock inventor.
Yes i can use the Mod and it is working well, but don't fit logical at your mod since you just need ore to build the pads.

- a Droid helper system. MAI or the Droids from ED2 or the Capture system from More Mechanoids.

- The current turret system are ok, but i ask myself, where does the weapon come when you build a Gattling turret ? :-)
Why not the turret system from Miscellaneous, you just build the turret base, and install a weapon from your stock on it.

- Faction, Events

With some enhancement your Mod will be a highlight and comes at the same class like TechTreeMinami was at the past (and hopefully at the future again),.

I did just update to 1f and with my tinfoil hat on I assure you the organ vat now works :)

Yes, there probably is a conflict with my surgery system and "ExpandedProsthetics&OrganEngineering" as they are very similar.

As for the rest, once the mod is working without any glitches I will be expanding on it again.  Making the jump from Alpha 6 to Alpha 9 was almost a total rewrite, but going forward it shouldn't be as bad.

cythedag

Quote from: Ramsis on March 28, 2015, 10:30:34 AM
It doesn't make sense for early game. Believe it or not the canning and sanitation process is brutally advanced! That would be like a crafting 2 with power 2 option easily.
My grandmother used to can veggies and fruit on her stove with mason jars... It isn't rocket science. You just need heat, jars, and a pressure cooker.

Quote from: Abrexus on March 28, 2015, 10:27:18 AM
What if I told you the next thing being added is an expansion to heating/cooling?

chrisb2e9

this mod looks awesome, will have to give it a try. Thank you to everyone who has been involved in it.

AllenWL

Well, I completed the colony I was working on super fast, and now I'm going to try this out!

Abrexus

Quote from: AllenWL on March 29, 2015, 09:27:20 AM
Well, I completed the colony I was working on super fast, and now I'm going to try this out!

Don't touch that dial!  Version 2.0 is coming out within the hour!  Lots of new stuff!

Abrexus

I am pleased to announce version 2 of Superior Crafting:  The Return - Keeping Cool edition.  Latta graciously agreed to allow integration of his RedistHeat mod.  Also included are some new items to help out with your starting colony.  Also, prosthetics are now color coded based on quality.

Coming up next....cooking revisited!

Sykes0

This mod just gets better and better :D
Abrexus maybe you could stream playing your mod, i'm really curious what you'd focus on :D