[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humort

Quote from: theubie on May 03, 2015, 09:52:48 PM
Quote from: Rauminen on May 03, 2015, 08:14:28 PM
Hi, found something. Sniper turrets doesn't seem to select a new target when the current one goes down (not sure if other types do). It's only a little aiming time lost when the target is dead, however when it's only incapped.... they go and promptly execute them :)

Yes, I agree, such problem too was observed.
I speak Russian if you don't understand that I wrote, Google Translator is guilty of it

Telarin

I seems that the Quantum Relays included in XPac1 do not work with items added by the SC mod, only with items present in vanilla.

theubie

Quote from: Telarin on May 06, 2015, 12:32:10 PM
I seems that the Quantum Relays included in XPac1 do not work with items added by the SC mod, only with items present in vanilla.

I had no problem with it sending steel bars and plasteel bars back to the warehouse, but I didn't try to have it pull any non-vanilla items.

Telarin

Quote from: theubie on May 06, 2015, 04:37:49 PM
I had not problem with it sending steel bars and plasteel bars back to the warehouse, but I didn't try to have it pull any non-vanilla items.

I retested and you are correct, it does push them to the warehouse, it just does not pull them.

Humort

It is impossible to translate the descriptions specified on a screenshot, perhaps there are no necessary lines, in the "Keyed" folder.

[attachment deleted due to age]
I speak Russian if you don't understand that I wrote, Google Translator is guilty of it

mathwizi2005

Quote from: Canute on May 07, 2015, 02:22:28 AM
The problem isn't that easy, that you can say the Relay don't get SC items only.
I got similar expierence that Relay's don't recieve any item they are definitiv on the stockpile/warehouse/pad's.
But i got these errors with many different item types, one relay don't want get any Steel Ore, the other pad don't want get any Sand.
But this thread is the wrong spot to report this, since Abrexus didn't change anything at the basic code, just adjust the build material and research cost.

Quote from: Telarin on May 06, 2015, 04:47:36 PM
Quote from: theubie on May 06, 2015, 04:37:49 PM
I had not problem with it sending steel bars and plasteel bars back to the warehouse, but I didn't try to have it pull any non-vanilla items.

I retested and you are correct, it does push them to the warehouse, it just does not pull them.

The funny thing is, I reported this issue to Ratys and he debunked the issue on his end (he got the mats immediately w/o loading SC), which means its purely a SC and RT Storage interaction issue (merely having SC loaded makes it happen for some reason)
To fix this....well its anyone's guess but I do hope Ratys helps out with this integration (something tells me there's a method or two that both mods are trying to use and inject, just a theory...I don't code for a reason)

XelNigma

I notice the embrasures I craft are about half the size of the normal wall.
I dont know if this is intended, but I dont like it and was wondering if theirs any thing I can change on my end to increase the size?

Nimrod

Quote from: XelNigma on May 07, 2015, 02:16:49 PM
I notice the embrasures I craft are about half the size of the normal wall.
I dont know if this is intended, but I dont like it and was wondering if theirs any thing I can change on my end to increase the size?

Thats actually just a texture thing - change the graphic path in the xml to something of your liking (or make your own)
look for this: <graphicPath>
If you mean that the emprasures are only "waist high" thats also changeable in the xml - just look for <altitudeLayer>
place <altitudeLayer>BuildingTall</altitudeLayer>

cheers

isgrimur

Hey.

Nice mod, THX :)

really? sendspace.com this is a spam and addware problem for everyone who is not pushing the actual source-download button, but an add thingy :(

dropbox, amazon, microsoft, google will not generate add revenue (is it actually worth it?) but would be more "customer friendly" ;) quote because we are neither customers nor are the 4 dr.am.mi.go´s good in this

TLHeart

loaded this mod up... wow does it ever change the game... having to totally rethink my strategy, and how I want to grow.  Still trying to learn all the craft, build requirements, as I go. First game ended with me be overrun by the snipers army...

Second game ended with a mech raid.

Third game, going slowly this time. I am one that strives to build a defensible colony out of the buildings and terrain. 

6 months in, and I am no where done with research, unlike vanilla. Thanks for the new challenge.

theubie

Quote from: isgrimur on May 12, 2015, 04:39:42 PM
Hey.

Nice mod, THX :)

really? sendspace.com this is a spam and addware problem for everyone who is not pushing the actual source-download button, but an add thingy :(

dropbox, amazon, microsoft, google will not generate add revenue (is it actually worth it?) but would be more "customer friendly" ;) quote because we are neither customers nor are the 4 dr.am.mi.go�s good in this

Odd.  Never had any issue with it.  Guess AdBlockPlus works on that.

Loki88

Call me crazy, but am I the only one who would love to see a clay / terracotta / ceramic (just to generalize since for all rimworld intents and purposes they can be simplified into 1 category) production line added? for instance clay bricks for walls and tiles, or vases and pottery for early beauty items and the like. I know that clay is a part of another mod but I really like this mod for having to start from scratch and work your way up in a much more in depth way.
Man kind has been creating bricks and ceramics for centuries so it just seems to fit as an early low tech kinda thing ( I guess sort of like inferior strength stone blocks, plus who doesn't like renewable resources?)

Sorry for being so long winded, I really do love this mod though!

Adamiks

Quote from: Loki88 on May 12, 2015, 11:55:53 PM
Call me crazy, but am I the only one who would love to see a clay / terracotta / ceramic (just to generalize since for all rimworld intents and purposes they can be simplified into 1 category) production line added? for instance clay bricks for walls and tiles, or vases and pottery for early beauty items and the like. I know that clay is a part of another mod but I really like this mod for having to start from scratch and work your way up in a much more in depth way.
Man kind has been creating bricks and ceramics for centuries so it just seems to fit as an early low tech kinda thing ( I guess sort of like inferior strength stone blocks, plus who doesn't like renewable resources?)

Sorry for being so long winded, I really do love this mod though!

+1 i would also see a option to "collect" sand from sand "floor" or clay from mud or something.

badday

Is this mod compatible with Apparello 1.6 without any patch ?

josmow

minor bug - shields (both kinds) have their "show effect" button mislabeled as "repair mode" when trying to toggle the effects back on. not sure if it is something you can fix or not (on your end anyway) but i just wanted to bring it to your attention, also, would like shields to have a very slow repair mode, or a nanite swarm-ish thing to slowly repair turrets/walls during a firefight as long as the shield was up ^^

(click to enlarge)
Science might be an annoying b***h, but Magic is her slutty, drug-addicted cousin. Who enjoys screwing with your head.

^ warning! may contain ponies!