[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josmow

Quote from: DaemonDeathAngel on July 11, 2015, 08:19:57 AM
If I am correct, he deliberately found a way to block the forbid feature, seeing as without it, it forces you to use the Set Allowed Area function. And I think the building on walls was done intentionally too, seeing as thats a code wrapping within the coding.

I see no real gameplay benefit of removing the forbid feature, but i guess its a design choice (if it was intentional anyhow), though its annoying that i now have to paint my entire base just so they don't run outside during a raid/manhunter pack or any other containment requirement, and quickly paint another area if say, i need them to stay out of a cold/hot room, etc. also the building over walls have always required you to remove the wall first in SC.
Science might be an annoying b***h, but Magic is her slutty, drug-addicted cousin. Who enjoys screwing with your head.

^ warning! may contain ponies!

DaemonDeathAngel

It does force you to react a little bit faster and pay more attention to what is going on. (The Forbid Issue) It causes you to have to pay attention to where your colonists are, and switch their available areas. Even within Vanilla, I never really used the forbid function, I always used the allowed areas. So, for me, it's no real hindrance.

Litcube

Is there source code for this so I can update the assemblies? And post for everyone?

Abrexus

Update to 0712

Changes:
* You can no longer extract biomatter from a rotten corpse

Fixes:
* Fixed error when fighting fire with pawn who has a melee weapon equipped
* Fixed duplicate slave/pirate trader
* Doors now have the forbidden command added back

Abrexus

Quote from: Dumatoin on July 07, 2015, 12:59:33 PM
Suggestion: Make it possible to make art statues from glass.

I like this, I'll add it to the next update.

Abrexus

Mechanoid Hivemind

Question: can i just get the turrets? i love your mod but i wanna take a break from it but LOVE the turrets if not then thats fine too.
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Abrexus

Quote from: Zerg HiveMind on July 12, 2015, 06:20:00 PM
Question: can i just get the turrets? i love your mod but i wanna take a break from it but LOVE the turrets if not then thats fine too.

I'll see about putting the turrets and training items up as a separate download.

DaemonDeathAngel

I could still do the turrets in a mod for you if you'd like, since you said I was allowed to. :D

Mj64

Quote from: Abrexus on July 13, 2015, 08:32:02 AM
Quote from: Zerg HiveMind on July 12, 2015, 06:20:00 PM

I'll see about putting the turrets and training items up as a separate download.

The medical stuff also causes issues with EPOE. Separate download for that too would be very appreciated.

Leucetius

Just wanted to say "Thank you". Like - only that :D

josmow

as a suggestion, is there any chance you could add a "priority" system to crafting equipment? something that would let you say that you want to, for example, clear out a ton of bodies with an organ vat, instead of trying to craft some electronic chips, since you are missing only a few chips, but have a backlog of like 40 bodies from the last raid.
Science might be an annoying b***h, but Magic is her slutty, drug-addicted cousin. Who enjoys screwing with your head.

^ warning! may contain ponies!

mrofa

Quote from: josmow on July 13, 2015, 05:12:28 PM
as a suggestion, is there any chance you could add a "priority" system to crafting equipment? something that would let you say that you want to, for example, clear out a ton of bodies with an organ vat, instead of trying to craft some electronic chips, since you are missing only a few chips, but have a backlog of like 40 bodies from the last raid.

You can use allowed zones feature for that
All i do is clutter all around.

Mj64

Quote from: josmow on July 13, 2015, 05:12:28 PM
I'd recommend a temporary suspension on the chips, or selecting a colonist and right clicking on the Organ Vat, Prioritize using it.