Frequent Suggestions Topic!

Started by JimmyAgnt007, April 07, 2015, 08:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrashMan

Slaves seems like a natural extension.

I meany can take prisoners, execute them, beat them up, harvest organs, sell into slavery, but can't keep them AS slaves?

It should be too difficult to implement - explosive slave collars to keep them from escaping (not that they can't try). A slave functions as a normal colonist, except his mental breaks and moods don't stop work. A slave would have an obedience level - the more broken in, the less likely to try to escape or insult. To escape, the slave need to get a key to his collar, something with one colonist would hold. Attacking that colonist in melee and winning would remove the collar.

A slave can be a general slave or a personal slave (given to a specific colonist). General slaves do all the dumb labor and assist other colonists. Personal slaves always assist their master/mistress when he/she doing something more extensive (crafting, smithing, researching), grating a bonus, maintain the masters room, and can also be used as concubines.

skinicism

I'm tired of seeing tannin, black walnut trees and redwood trees suggested as possible additions to the game. As it is I must have seen these suggestions half a dozen times already. I mean, I know that the mods must be in on some creepy corporate innuendo jokes. Even so, I figure it's fair when the rest of us don't know the jokes. I mean, it's only an exercising of corporate responsibility... Right?

buttflexspireling

Okay... I'm pretty sure this topic has been discussed to death and beyond. Couldn't there be a basic drawing of roots with a roofing-like drawing overlap of cotton cloth? Also, couldn't there be a written discourse that fertilizer has been dispersed following the lighted seed sowing animation?
  I mean, I know it's a stretch but how else can plants grow in gravel without adequate fertilizer and protection from the sunlight?

Bigby

Ransoming prisoners back to a faction should be added to the list

SpaceDorf

That would be cool :)

Instead of releasing them for goodwill, make even more silver off the guys attacking you.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

SpaceDorf

Frequent suggestions topics :

This thread got derailed again, in part by myself, in part by the topic itself :)
It can be just so misleading.

How about different stickied threads or even sub-forums for frequent suggestions, dead horses and a wishlist voting thread ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

LouisTBR

Hey. I thought I'd give the URL to a recent lightning rods topic: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25083.0
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

asquirrel

A way to get friendly visiting units (and dumb dumb pets) to stop walking into my automated machine gun nests during raids.  With friendly visiting units, the chief of their clan gets pissed when that happens.  Not a good thing.

Lizardo

Could we pin threads for individual Freq asked topics so we know where to add comments and suggestions?
http://apatheticagnostic.com/ourchurch/intro.html
http://www.amazon.com/The-Ominous-Parallels-Freedom-America/dp/0452011175

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius. - abbot Arnaud Amalric prior to the Massacre at Béziers

JimmyAgnt007

If you post the link to a thread discussing something I will add it too the topic on the list.

Thirite

Quote from: TrashMan on August 16, 2016, 05:49:43 PM
I meany can take prisoners, execute them, beat them up, harvest organs, sell into slavery, but can't keep them AS slaves?

That would be unethical.

In all seriousness though, I assume it's something Tynan wanted to add but never got around to. That said there is an excellent Prisoners and Slaves mod in the works by 100101. So the functionally people keep begging for will be there eventually.

Darkmatter

My main interest is in knowing if Z axis is in the works, or planned.

Thanks

Thundercraft

Quote from: Johnny Masters on April 11, 2015, 04:33:30 PMAlarm bell / codes - To trigger a set of behavior (stay inside home zone, only do X or Y, equip weapons/armor, etc)

That'd be nice. It shouldn't be too difficult or time consuming to implement, would it? Just have an Alarm Bell building for pawns to craft. That, and a way to issue an order to ring it, much like an order to flick a switch or light. (The order to ring an alarm could be categorized under Flick in terms of setting priorities.) Once it's rung, it would wake up any sleeping colonists and automatically order them to a "bunker zone" or "safe zone" (unless drafted for the military) that we could designate like any other zone.

Quote from: Johnny Masters on April 11, 2015, 04:33:30 PMPersonal Hygiene - Usually tied with water system

I noticed that this was suggested very recently here, in the Your Cheapest Ideas topic.

Quote from: TDATL on April 10, 2015, 01:04:19 PMBetter damage resolution
Quote from: TDATL on April 10, 2015, 01:04:19 PMHow about damage thresholds or equivalent? I've seen it suggested a couple times.

Not sure what you're referring to. Is this about how easy it is for pawns to lose limbs from comparatively minor damage? Is it about how highly likely pawn is to die from a single gun (or arrow) shot? If so, then I'm all for that and I've seen several others complain about such. I started a thread here with my suggestions about this and other aspects of combat.

Anyway, a number of these often-repeated suggestions and requests could be fulfilled through existing mods. That's not to say that such features shouldn't be added to the vanilla game. Rather, I would think that it would usually be easier to incorporate parts or all of a mod than doing it from scratch. And some of these often requested ideas are simple and hardly controversial.

Quote from: Johnny Masters on April 11, 2015, 04:33:30 PMMore power generation - Coal, radioactive, lighting, biomass, etc.

Players must consider power and lighting to be very interesting subjects (or they consider the default items to be bland or otherwise lacking) because both are popular subjects for mods. There are a number of mods for more variety in power generation, including RTGs, Izzyssentials Solar, [sd] advanced powergeneration, Turbines stuffed, Mechanoid Power Cell, Efficient Reactor, Improved Ship Reactors, Simple Nuclear Reactors, Rimushima v2 Modular Nuclear Power, and Corpse-Fired Generator (A15 found here). That's not even including the many mods for improved lighting (including new hydroponics lamps and several for LED lights), and new types of batteries.

Quote from: Johnny Masters on April 11, 2015, 04:33:30 PMBridges

Well, there is the [sd] bridges mod.

Quote from: Johnny Masters on April 11, 2015, 04:33:30 PMAmmo for weapons

That's a fundamental part of the Combat Realism mod.

Quote from: TDATL on April 10, 2015, 01:04:19 PMTools - Having tools needed for jobs or for improving  job efficiency

There are a few mods for this, now. There's Right Tool For The Job and Rust Tools and Weapons. And Apparello has some clothes that augment a pawn. (Though, I'm not sure if any improve work proficiency.)

Quote from: TDATL on April 10, 2015, 01:04:19 PMExtra traits - People always want extra traits, i've seen about 3-4 topics specific about this and a dozen traits in bundled suggestions

There are a few mods for that, too. I've heard of Expanded Traits and and Romance Diversified, to name two.

Quote from: TDATL on April 10, 2015, 01:04:19 PMMovable furniture - To keep you from needing to destroy it

There's the awesome Miniaturisation mod for that. I don't know why this isn't a part of the base game.

Quote from: TDATL on April 10, 2015, 01:04:19 PMMultiplayer - self-explanatory

Believe it or not, there's even a mod for that! ;D It's called Phi. However, it is limited: It quote, "only provides interactions between colonies played by different players."

To implement true multiplayer, though, is far beyond the scope of mortal modders. Tynan would have to do that. And, honestly, it would not be worth pursuing. I'm not the only one to say that, either. Adding true multiplayer would be very difficult. There are many much-easier-to-implement suggestions and much more pressing concerns.

I think that if RimWorld was intended to be multiplayer, then it would and should have been pursued from the start. To add that now would be akin to trying to add a basement or an extra floor to a new house after construction is mostly finished. It would probably require rebuilding and a lot of extra work.

Justin O.

I don't have threads to link at this time but I continue to see the request to be able to choose colonists body types/appearance on their info screen.
I think this is a good suggestion as well and would love to see in included in the vanilla game and it comes up repeatedly in the suggestions and think it would make a good addition to this list.
Some have suggested making it editable for any character at anytime, which would be nice from a customization standpoint, or just make it editable for your starting group.

ed155

Hi
i have to encounter this one too much,  tranq arrows/darts to KO people animals etc.
for safety like stop a berserk animal/colonist without killing  or imprison raiders   i know its not a short time goal.Can u add this too?