[CustomScenario] Raid a Pirate Base

Started by ItchyFlea, November 25, 2013, 01:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

This is a custom scenario where you are raiding a pirate base.
The objective is to capture/kill McMahon, who runs into the pirate cafeteria when your drop pods land, alerting the relaxing pirates to your presence.

No mods are required to play this scenario. Simply download, unzip and place in your RimWorld save folder.
Scenario Map: http://www.mediafire.com/download/l7hb8y85y2kbd2o/Pirate%2520Base%2520Raid%2520-%2520Fixed2.7z
Outdated. Does not work in RimWorld 0.1.334

Goodluck.
This took me a far amount of time to create, so please let me know if you enjoyed this.

EDIT: Fixed a small issue with your colonists being able to walk through doors.
EDIT2: Moved pirate raiders so they are sitting at the table in the cafe.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Semmy

Moved to mods since this is a modification to the game.
Nice scenario though. I am going to enjoy this when i get home.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

teph117

I found it to be entertaining, but I think it would be better if there were more tactical options. Like several different options the player has in choosing how he is going to attack. Instead of the head on assault where you are forced to pick up one of the colonists weapons in order to have the range required to attack the base while still in cover, which can be one of the options, but it feels a little to forced, like that is your only option. other than that I loved the idea and I look forward to more of this style mod

ItchyFlea

Quote from: teph117 on November 25, 2013, 12:57:34 PM
I found it to be entertaining, but I think it would be better if there were more tactical options. Like several different options the player has in choosing how he is going to attack. Instead of the head on assault where you are forced to pick up one of the colonists weapons in order to have the range required to attack the base while still in cover, which can be one of the options, but it feels a little to forced, like that is your only option. other than that I loved the idea and I look forward to more of this style mod
I will admit this scenario could be a lot better. An improved one is being planned :). It will take a few days though, as I'm just a tinkerer and don't actually know anything about XML files.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Kyle

Motorkingpus

If you want to know where the folder is, just type %appdata% into your search bar in your start menu.

Redx

Any chance you could put together a save where you have to defend yourself from a group of, say 20 raiders, that don't have weapons so its as if they are zombies? If not I could probably pull it off, but i thought this would be easier and more convenient for the public

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Redx on December 01, 2013, 03:20:54 PM
Any chance you could put together a save where you have to defend yourself from a group of, say 20 raiders, that don't have weapons so its as if they are zombies? If not I could probably pull it off, but i thought this would be easier and more convenient for the public
If you want, I could put the raiders into an already established world of yours.

If you are referring to this: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1300.0 I might be able to do something as described, as the game already does appear to give me enough control over certain things. (I probably won't be able to make multiple waves, but it might be possible. :) )

Redx

This is exactly the kind of thing i was talking about :D if you think you could do something like this for me that would be great, but I would definitely rather it be multiple waves, starting out small for a new world and slowly increasing.  And you could even just set the waves to increase exponentially and I can tell you around what day/wave it becomes nearly impossible to win. :)

Tynan

This is... impressive.

It's like you recreated the tactics prototype!

Can anyone post some screens?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Motorkingpus

Quote from: Tynan on December 04, 2013, 03:55:58 PM
Can anyone post some screens?
I assume you mean of the scenario, here.(This took forever to upload to TinyPic)
PS: I use links, because else it would have taken up way to much space!

i44.tinypic.com/xcrbt5.jpg

i39.tinypic.com/1057a76.jpg

i40.tinypic.com/28rmg43.jpg

i42.tinypic.com/2uhl72o.jpg

i40.tinypic.com/2akqox.jpg

i39.tinypic.com/2gwx6pv.jpg

i41.tinypic.com/2r5doxi.jpg

i43.tinypic.com/2ebuzwz.jpg

i40.tinypic.com/2mhx2yu.jpg

i44.tinypic.com/1z53qeg.jpg

Somebody has to insert a story here, I'm too lazy. (Making sure my cat isn't outside, we will get hit by a storm tomorrow, we also had another storm a little over a month ago. Which cost 3 human lives, we also recorded the highest windspeed here in Denmark out of all the countries that were hit, 120.8/mph.)

CodyRex123

Quote from: Motorkingpus on November 26, 2013, 01:34:34 PM

If you want to know where the folder is, just type %appdata% into your search bar in your start menu.

I have gone into my app data yet i dont see any ludeon studios in there, could it be that its in a diffent appdata?
Dragons!

Motorkingpus

Are you sure that you've gone into the LocalLow/Ludeon Studios/XXX?
Usually when you type %appdata% it puts you into the roaming folder, just click on the AppData and then choose LocalLow. I can upload screenies if it's to hard.

ItchyFlea

If you happen to be using Windows XP, using %appdata% will take you to the wrong place. Use this line in the Run dialog box:
"%userprofile%/Local Settings/Application Data/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld"

CodyRex123

Quote from: ItchyFlea on December 16, 2013, 08:35:45 PM
If you happen to be using Windows XP, using %appdata% will take you to the wrong place. Use this line in the Run dialog box:
"%userprofile%/Local Settings/Application Data/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld"

Well, heres a prob, i cant find local settings in %useprofile% i found appdata, then it has local then a empty folder, so i dont really know what to do, sorry guys, DX

Edit: I figered it out, it wasent showing in the places i checked, it might of been hidden or something. but i found it and thanks guys :D
Dragons!