[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

Quote from: Tekuromoto on September 11, 2015, 12:04:31 PM
So I've got this up and running and it's working well with seeds. A couple of questions though:

- Should I be getting seeds when I harvest a plant? Cuz I'm not, but I'm not often letting the plant get to 100% grown
- Is it be possible to make wheat usable straight up in simple meal recipes? In real life it can be cooked into a porridge just like other grains, after all.
- Do you have any plans for more recipes? An obvious example is breads from flour; otherwise wheat/flour is kinda useless until you get sugar to make pastries. Or at least let flour be used to make simple meals - simple breads have existed in all cultures for centuries after all.
- If you expand flour, you might want to make it possible to mill other grains into flour as well, such as corn and rice.

Thanks again for the mod!

That's probably your issue with seeds is not waiting, not sure tho it's not my mod :P

And as for other recipes I do have a work in progress on my first page that's called Gourmet Garden. Which adds a bunch of recipes using my main mod. It is and a11 release but should work in 12. I plan on updating it sometime soon, but I recently broke one of my fingers and typing isn't much fun lol

Tekuromoto

Quote from: dismar on September 11, 2015, 05:42:07 PM
That's probably your issue with seeds is not waiting, not sure tho it's not my mod :P
Okay, I'll check in the seeds thread and make sure I'm doing things right.

QuoteAnd as for other recipes I do have a work in progress on my first page that's called Gourmet Garden. Which adds a bunch of recipes using my main mod. It is and a11 release but should work in 12. I plan on updating it sometime soon, but I recently broke one of my fingers and typing isn't much fun lol
Zoinks! Hand injuries are the worst.

I didn't notice the Gourmet Garden link, I'll go check it out now. Thanks!

Loki88

What are the chances of the biogenerator getting an A12 update? It could vadd the opportunity for a new crop (dunno if you're aiming to add more or if you're happy with the current number) sugar beets. They could be made in to bio fuel (biobutanol) or used as critter food, or used to make sugar (who'd a thunk it!)

Either way I already use this mod & gourmet garden religiously   :P

Tekuromoto

I'm getting an error message from GourmetGarden:

XML error: <duration>20000</duration> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThoughtDef.

It's in Defs\ThoughtDefs\Thoughts_Bakery.xml, and changing <duration>20000</duration> to <durationDays>1</durationDays> fixes the problem.

dismar

Quote from: Loki88 on September 12, 2015, 02:32:03 AM
What are the chances of the biogenerator getting an A12 update? It could vadd the opportunity for a new crop (dunno if you're aiming to add more or if you're happy with the current number) sugar beets. They could be made in to bio fuel (biobutanol) or used as critter food, or used to make sugar (who'd a thunk it!)

Updated the Biogenerator! lol can use corn now too to make the fuel. And the reason i've not added sugar beets is because Rimbakery has already add those to the game :P  i've just not asked to use i here.

Loki88

Quote from: dismar on September 12, 2015, 10:17:01 PM
Quote from: Loki88 on September 12, 2015, 02:32:03 AM

Updated the Biogenerator! lol can use corn now too to make the fuel. And the reason i've not added sugar beets is because Rimbakery has already add those to the game :P  i've just not asked to use i here.

Thank you! I forgot that rimbakery had sugar beets.

dismar

Early unofficial release of Gourmet Garden for a12...
So far i've added :
Grounding all grain plants into flour. (future all gardens do this also)
Porridge! finally you can eat your cooked grains.
Soy milk will cont. to be a thing ( in case you just cant get those milk producing animals or are vegan..)
Milk has been added to recipes. (along side soy milk)

Thinking of adding Dough. This would put an extra step in making recipes tho. But would replace flour in all recipes. And changing the pie recipes from VG to use all fruits to allow for flexibility.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Loki88

I only just noticed this now but when using beans to cook 4 lavish meals it only uses 4 beans instead of the 40 it uses for other ingredients. Any idea what's causing this? I'm using version 3.1a on a new world.

dismar

Loki88

Quote from: dismar on September 13, 2015, 12:00:57 PM
Beans or tofu?

Beans as the veggie portion. If I use tofu as the meat and beans for the veg it uses 2 tofu and 4 beans... now I can make fuel from beans also... beans ftw!!! I have a boat load of mods active so if you can't reproduce it, i'll try and see if it's conflicting somehow with another mod.

FMJ Penguin

tx for the update!

small suggestion:
<staticSunShadowHeight>0.3</staticSunShadowHeight>
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

dismar

Quote from: FMJ Penguin on September 13, 2015, 01:53:02 PM
tx for the update!

small suggestion:
<staticSunShadowHeight>0.3</staticSunShadowHeight>

where at ? :P lots of codes !

dismar

Quote from: Loki88 on September 13, 2015, 01:42:46 PM
Beans or tofu?

Beans as the veggie portion. If I use tofu as the meat and beans for the veg it uses 2 tofu and 4 beans... now I can make fuel from beans also... beans ftw!!! I have a boat load of mods active so if you can't reproduce it, i'll try and see if it's conflicting somehow with another mod.

Found it !
Biogenerator has beans in it so it can be stand alone.
In the Resource_Crops in ThingDefs there is a value error using the old food system
<nutrition>.6</nutrition>

needs to be
<nutrition>.05</nutrition>

Loki88

Quote from: dismar on September 13, 2015, 04:39:45 PM
Quote from: Loki88 on September 13, 2015, 01:42:46 PM
Beans or tofu?

Found it !
Biogenerator has beans in it so it can be stand alone.
In the Resource_Crops in ThingDefs there is a value error using the old food system
<nutrition>.6</nutrition>

needs to be
<nutrition>.05</nutrition>

Thanks! will fix it in my copy :)

Tekuromoto

Having a problem, using Vegetable Garden for Seeds v3.1 (as opposed to plain VG v3.1a) alongside the latest GourmetGarden.

Upon load RW throws a bunch of errors about Rawoats being undefined. And upon checking, both oats and rawoats are indeed undefined in VGforSeeds. See my earlier posts about not being able to plant stuff - oats is on the list of things in VS but not VGforSeeds. Commenting out the oats lines in GG works on my end for now, but I thought you should know.

I know, I'm a pain in the butt. :P