[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLHeart

I also say just combine the two, I always use both. Just because a recipe is included in the bills does not mean I have to use it.

dismar

There's a large Garden update  for xmas!

Not old save safe.
Gourmet Garden is now part of the core!
New food meals now improve your colonists health for a short time.
Recipes have had a major update and now have lots more info in the description.
A loom has been added to process raw cotton, flax and devilstrand into different cloths.
Resource plants have been added. Steelleaf and Plasteelleaf can now be grown and smelted into ores.
Optional bamboo floors in the art directory. Change name to "bamboofloor" to pick a different

I've tested the crap out of this. AND still there probably is bugs here and there. Please let me know and i'll be be back after the weekend to fix. Happy Holidays.

Krutchen

Does the new update work with Enviro seeds yet?

dismar

Quote from: Krutchen on January 03, 2016, 05:08:15 AM
Does the new update work with Enviro seeds yet?

Seeds version now updated! Replacement mod for the garden and seeds mods.

Thelostmerc

i keep having issues well it will work for one game and then anytime i load after that the mod dosent work. if i already planted stuff from it they still grow but i cant plant more and if i start a new colony the growables dont show as a option. so i have to remove it and reput it back in for it to function again everytime. Could it be the mods im useing? because when i go to my mods list its still in the active and no other mods are wrong and nothing pops up saying the mod stopped working or anything.

dismar

Quote from: Thelostmerc on January 07, 2016, 05:13:16 PM
i keep having issues well it will work for one game and then anytime i load after that the mod dosent work. if i already planted stuff from it they still grow but i cant plant more and if i start a new colony the growables dont show as a option. so i have to remove it and reput it back in for it to function again everytime. Could it be the mods im using? because when i go to my mods list its still in the active and no other mods are wrong and nothing pops up saying the mod stopped working or anything.

Hi! what version of garden are you having issues with? What other mods are you using and what order are you loading them?

Thelostmerc

I was running sdk hardcore pack n apparently its a part of sdk pack under seeds pls. So once i turned it off i had no issues just need seeds. Which i hate but o well

dismar

Quote from: Thelostmerc on January 09, 2016, 05:01:25 PM
I was running sdk hardcore pack n apparently its a part of sdk pack under seeds pls. So once i turned it off i had no issues just need seeds. Which i hate but o well

OH! any issues you have with a mod pack needs to be addressed with that author. Many of the mod packs change my core files and are not up to date with my current mods, Just allow the use of my mod ideas. Thanks tho!

Faythe

Heya I'm trying to work with your mod and I think I found a simple mistake. In Defs\ThingDefs\CultivatedPlants.xml you have cotton giving cloth:
  <ThingDef ParentName="PlantBase">
    <defName>PlantCotton</defName>
    <label>cotton plant</label>
    <description>Yields cotton, a fine plant fiber used to make cloth.</description>
    <statBases>
      <MaxHitPoints>85</MaxHitPoints>
      <Beauty>1</Beauty>
    </statBases>
    <graphicData>
      <texPath>Things/Plant/CottonPlant</texPath>
      <graphicClass>Graphic_Random</graphicClass>
    </graphicData>
    <selectable>true</selectable>
    <pathCost>10</pathCost>
    <ingestible>
      <preferability>Plant</preferability>
      <nutrition>0.20</nutrition>
    </ingestible>
    <plant>
      <dieIfLeafless>true</dieIfLeafless>
      <shootsSeeds>false</shootsSeeds>
      <harvestTag>Standard</harvestTag>
      <harvestedThingDef>Cloth</harvestedThingDef>
      <harvestDestroys>true</harvestDestroys>
      <harvestYield>5</harvestYield>
      <sowTags>
        <li>Ground</li>
        <li>Hydroponic</li>
      </sowTags>
      <topWindExposure>0.1</topWindExposure>
      <growDays>5.41</growDays>
      <fertilityFactorGrowthRate>0.4</fertilityFactorGrowthRate>
      <visualSizeRange>
        <min>0.3</min>
        <max>1.05</max>
      </visualSizeRange>
    </plant>
  </ThingDef>

Even though in Defs\ThingDefs\Items_cloth.xml you have the following code:
<ThingDef ParentName="ResourceBase">
<defName>RawCotton</defName>
<label>raw cotton</label>
<description>Raw cotton. It can be spun into cloth or sold to a trader.</description>
<graphicData>
<texPath>Things/Item/RawCotton</texPath>
<graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
</graphicData>
<soundInteract>Food_Drop</soundInteract>
<soundDrop>Food_Drop</soundDrop>
<statBases>
<MarketValue>1.5</MarketValue>
</statBases>
<thingCategories>
<li>ResourcesRaw</li>
</thingCategories>
</ThingDef>

I went and changed the Cloth in the first instance to RawCotton which I had to do with another mod as well but as you have the secondary option to weave the cloth figured you might like a heads-up.

dismar

Hey thanks for that. Cotton and Devil stand both needed updated to the new raw materials. :) I'll put out a little hot fix soon for them!

Faythe

Nice to know I can help out though I really don't know how to code myself. 

Another suggestion I have, is that if possible put a timer on the food buffs.  Right now my colonists had been eating stir-fry, but my cook learned how to make the stew, sold off all my stir-fry for the stew, yet they still have the buffs.  It does seem there would be a way to make a timer on the buffs, by just following the treatment for injuries or illness code, have them expire after 24 hours unless they eat it again etc.  Also like to point out you have the buff as well feed rather than well fed. Feed being current tense fed being past tense (I think at least). Looked it up on dictionary.com etc. and just got confused by the definition,  though I do remember in other games I played the buff was well fed.

One last thing. In the T-mods ExpandedCloth his cloth fabricator can also take apart old clothing to make cloth.  I noticed that your loom does not do that.  As you credited him for the idea you may want to incorporate that into your machine.  I used his mods to start with cause as i was learning the game didn't like all the extra machines yours added, but I am starting to get used to them now.

dismar

Aww thank you so much. I miss little things like these when coding! Think the food buff is just set too high. ☺

Faythe

Well it gets to be too high if they keep gaining the buffs from everything they eat without losing it.  If it dropped after a day i don't think it would be too buffed.

Faythe

Oh yeah, Vas had a hydroponics system that conflicts with your mod but he put a way to fix it for your mod if you want to read over it.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14192.msg147792#msg147792

Faythe

I am getting an error when I add back in T - ExpandedCloth (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4373.0) mainly cause the garden mod  doesn't have the feature to be able to break down clothing as it does. I'm going to post this both here and in Telkir's mod.