[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

Well I've hotfixed all the issues you've found! And will update my mod sometime tomorrow :)

As for vas's conflict. At this time i'm not the plans to make a patch for this. As the next version of my mod will have Soil Reclamation. Allowing soil to be place over different terrain types with tons of work time. You  can have grow-able soil just about anywhere at the cost of high research and time.  You are free to make the change on your copy of my mod tho. :) If enough ppl were interested I may make a patch.

And as for you conflict : It's actually CCL that is in conflict when you have both our mods on... The feature of making research help. I think.
You could go into either mod and delete the research requirement for the tables and then into the research defs and delete the research. That would prove my point.
But I am not using CCL currently. And am using VG and T-cloth and have no issue other then : Which ever mod loads last thats the raw cotton type that comes from the plants. And that is an easy fix of changing the def-names to match.

Faythe

I have an odd question for you... Why do you have mushrooms qualified as a meat?  I know in RL I have to go to the produce section of the market to buy them, not the meat department.

<ThingDef ParentName="PlantProductBase">
    <defName>Rawmushroom</defName>
    <label>mushroom</label>
    <description>Raw protein-rich mushrooms. Nice to eat, even when raw.</description>
    <graphicData>
      <texPath>Things/Veg/mushroom</texPath>
    </graphicData>
    <thingCategories>
      <li>MeatRaw</li>
    </thingCategories>
    <statBases>
      <MarketValue>5</MarketValue>
    </statBases>
    <comps>
      <li Class="CompProperties_Rottable">
        <daysToRotStart>14</daysToRotStart>
      </li>
    </comps>
<ingestible>
      <preferability>Raw</preferability>
      <nutrition>0.05</nutrition>
      <eatEffect>EatVegetarian</eatEffect>
      <soundEat>RawVegetable_Eat</soundEat>
      <isMeat>true</isMeat>
    </ingestible>

I just found it odd that I have over 400 mushrooms yet my chefs won't cook stews until I found out it was qualified as a meat.

dismar

-Version Update 3.4a!
Hotfixes!
-cotton and devilstread fixed to raw fibers.
-food effects last for about a day now.
-mushrooms are fixed (both a meat and veg). Yay vegans!
-compatible with T-ExpandedCloth now.
-misc text fixes and other minor fixes.

Soil Reclamation!
Research advance methods in soil treatments. Allowing replacing non-farmable soil types with simple soil. And placing soil onto smoothed stone. This is balanced with higher research and work amount to make.

Loading into an OLD save will SOMETIMES cause some soil tiles to turn into sand. If this doesn't bother you. The changed tiles can be replaced using the new researched soils.

King Creamy

I can't seem to grow sugarcane i make the growing zone and its just not there..also what are gooseberries and cloud berries?

dismar

Cold climate fruits are what gooseberries and cloud berries are.  They kinda look like large grapes.

If your not using a UI mod like EdB Interface. The base games floating window cuts off the long list of my crops. I have put in a bug report about it. Hopefully will be fixed in the next version.

As for now its best to use "EdB's Interface" to make a scrolling list instead the core games floating window.

King Creamy

SNKcell

This looks like a great mod but my only problem with this and every mod out there is that they take the graphics too far from the vanilla look, thanks for the mod

King Creamy

I know this has nothing to do with your mod but is there a way to change my difficulty without starting a new game?

Morgloz

I am using the version with seed requirements but my colonists seem to be able to sow vanilla plants without using seeds. Have I done something wrong?
My mods:
RedistHeat

dismar

Quote from: King Creamy on February 24, 2016, 01:32:29 AM
I know this has nothing to do with your mod but is there a way to change my difficulty without starting a new game?
yes under the options menu change you story teller.

Quote from: MegaMasterZ on March 06, 2016, 07:21:15 AM
I am using the version with seed requirements but my colonists seem to be able to sow vanilla plants without using seeds. Have I done something wrong?

are you loading any mods after mine that would over write the defs for plants?

Morgloz

I think i don't but I will load this one the last then.

EDIT: That fixed it, yet I still don't know what mod was conficting.
My mods:
RedistHeat

dismar

Yay! I finally got my copy of alpha 13, a new version of garden will be out by this weekend NOW!

This is an early release of 3.5 garden. This weekend i'll be working on balances and research and incorporating all the new stuff that has been added to the game. I have not seen any errors loading the mod.

There is new things in this version as well!
-Medicine table : to blend medicines into stronger ones.
-A Grill table : with new recipes for early game such as grill meats and vegs.
-Vanilla art work inspired plants!
-Campfires and my grill can be fueled by wood or bamboo!

Going to be adding Bio-fuel and bamboo to most of the fuel driven stuff. Bio-fuel is from another earlier mods of mine and can be refined from corn or beans.

Please let me know any bugs you might find to help me along cleaning up this version.

Thanks for all the support.
dismar

tara4131945

i found a bug where i can't find the option to grow cotton and flax i look for 10 min before giving up on it but i dont even have the vanilla one ether and i know i had it before i put the mod in

i only have mad skill and your mod on so i don't think that the issue i will try to switch the order see if it helps

dismar

aalikane

I can't generate new maps with VG installed.... at first I had two other mods installed and I thought they were the problem.. mainly because they interrupted gameplay.... but after some testing I found the Reroll mod and the enhanced tabs mod both generated maps separately and together... but when VG was the only one installed... I would go to create a new map, hit generate... the screen was flash, but not do anything... has anyone else come across this problem?