[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Masquerine

Quote from: zoranjoza on January 06, 2016, 06:11:43 PM
If i download this "beta fix" from github ,d o i need to start new game or i can continue my game.
It should probably still work, hopefully. I don't have any save files to compare, as I go through so many doing testing that I have to delete them all. The changes made are not that drastic compared to say, going from version a to version b. This is like version d.1 and version d.2, something like that. I'm almost done editing all of the bars and ores and such for naming, so they should all be a lot more consistent. I'll make a note here when I've uploaded my changes. Maybe another hour or so.

One thing I did notice while doing this was that some bars/ores have HP and some don't. There doesn't seem to be much of a pattern going on as to why some do and some don't. Other items, like wire have no hp, but say they have a deterioration rate. Doesn't seem to make sense. If the item has no HP it can't deteriorate.

Okay, I committed my changes. Feel free to grab it and try it out now. Hopefully I don't break your save game. : D The only thing that may be noticeably different is a research or two needed to get the fusebox stuff (vanilla rt_fusebox research). I had gotten the mod working after so many failed attempts that I didn't want to break it by changing the research back.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: zoranjoza on January 06, 2016, 06:11:43 PM
If i download this "beta fix" from github ,d o i need to start new game or i can continue my game.

on githab always playable version. At the moment, a little bit changes which could not affect on savegame from 2.4d. So you can try :)

Quote from: Zaraky on January 06, 2016, 02:09:50 PM
hey guys, I have encountered some new problem right now. Some of my colonist seem to disappear from the interface on top of screen, and from all other menu like they were dead or gone. Is there any way to reset this so I can see all of them again? because right now I can't reset or change the restriction to some of them and it's might make them go berserk.

Also a new one again, one of my colonist is invisible. Which is really weird. With this character, all attack does no damage but he can haul anything.

For the invisible bug, It seem i'm breaking the movement speed limit. I'm using lightwalk/momentum/infinity etc on the same colonist for hauling, he is at 25.73c/s, when he walk on the rough stone floor (93movement speed) everything is alright, but as soon as he enter the wooden floor(118%movement speed), he disappear. Is there anyway to fix this?

25.73c/s ... how you have such value? this on which version? In latest update 2.4c-d were greatly reduced bonuses of movement speed for all prostheses.
In next update would full rework apparel with new craft. Clothing will greatly affect on the speed of movement, so with this, we reduce base movement speed for colonists.

Quote from: Masquerine on January 06, 2016, 10:49:30 AM
Quote from: zoranjoza on January 06, 2016, 07:50:05 AM
When will new update come? Will it fix all this reply problems from users?
Expecily names , bars,alloys etc...
You can pull the in-progress copy from github at any time. It includes all of the changes we make between official public releases, so the github version changes a lot from day to day. I can tell you at this point though, only the bugs I played around with yesterday have been fixed, which are the bars renamed to alloy (missed a bit on the first pass, re-checking today), the drinks undrinkable, brain stimulant wrong stats and the fuseboxes/magnetic shield getting fixed.
Force shield/SIF shield still break savegames, HK UMP45 still broken, ect. Attempting to fix those is something I don't have a clue on. Have to wait for Sky on that.
Here's the link if you want it, "download zip" is on the right side: https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK
Else, wait a bit longer and I can tell you when the other game-breaking bugs have been fixed. I can keep an eye on it.

Going to have some fun fixing up descriptions today. I'll recheck all instances where "bar" may be mentioned as I probably missed something. So many things to check. Carbon fiber composite should probably just be carbon fiber alloy to follow the alloy theme.

Coming along. Added a few "ore" tags that were missing, same with "alloy". Lots of recipes changed "bar" to "alloy". More checking and rechecking. Deposits will be the raw, mine-able rocks, ores are the raw product from said rocks, alloys are the finished product used in building/recipes. Uranium-types noted for radiation in description.

Soon end work with apparels and start to fix.

zoranjoza

I would like to help with editing and fixing stuff, but i dont want to ruin my passion for game xD
Some months ago i played factorio and i started helping and editing-fixing some stuff, i went soo deep that i lost will for playing game. I knew everything about it... :D
I guess its same with u?

RoughPebble

Just wanted to post my latest play through of Syndicate 2.4a (I am a few versions behind -- now on 2.4d) for those who might be having a bit of trouble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnKceT88kpI

Love to hear some feedback!!

polis27

Quote from: skyarkhangel on January 06, 2016, 07:25:49 PM
25.73c/s ... how you have such value? this on which version? In latest update 2.4c-d were greatly reduced bonuses of movement speed for all prostheses

two cybernetic leg, one cybernetic spine, ai chip, 6 adrenaline rib, floor movement speed bonus, One Kick or All Spice drug. Any four combination of these will surpass the limit speed.

Zaraky

Quote from: polis27 on January 07, 2016, 03:58:05 AM
Quote from: skyarkhangel on January 06, 2016, 07:25:49 PM
25.73c/s ... how you have such value? this on which version? In latest update 2.4c-d were greatly reduced bonuses of movement speed for all prostheses

two cybernetic leg, one cybernetic spine, ai chip, 6 adrenaline rib, floor movement speed bonus, One Kick or All Spice drug. Any four combination of these will surpass the limit speed.

It just based on item, not on prosthesis augmentation. Using lightwalk item of momentum ( lightwwalk is 145%movement speed, momentum is 118%+, and using multiple item with lightwalk ( shield, helm, boot, weapon) it just skyrocket the colonist movement speed to that.

Also, anyone know how to reset my ingame colonist interface so i can see all my colonist again, or my game is ruined since I can't modify them all anymore?

pongvin

I'm enjoying the new update very much, props for the creators.

I'd like to offer some feedback concerning game balance and a couple bugs.

1) Circular production: Mineral sonar module requires gold (for integrated circuits) to be built. You can't get gold without discovering hidden mineral deposits or stumbling into a vein, both of which require a mineral sonar module. I recommend changing the requirement of integrated circuits into basic electronic components.

2) Skill levels: The rate at which skills grow have been significantly reduced, while level requirements for most crafting have been highly increased. I simply could not raise the level of a single pawn to a level that is required to craft most high tier stuff, because the skill decay was almost as fast as the growth itself, so it stagnated. I had to use debug commands. I think this makes cheat free playthroughs unnecessesarily long and maybe virtually impossible.

3) Fuel and coal generator do not seem to produce heat right now. Not sure if it was fixed in 2.4D, I saw that in C.

4) As of version D, energy drinks are still not drinkable.

5) Crude oil is far too important of a resource compared to how little it refines into. You can only choose one element at a time to refine oil into, while IRL that is not the case. I actually modified my game to remove the refinery entirely and refine oil at the petro plant by hand. A batch of oil also refines into all of its components now (polymer, fuel, sulphates, paraffins), as it does IRL. I tweaked the numbers to 40 polys, 15 fuels, 3 sulphates and 1 paraffins which seemed balanced to me in my playthru and in no way overpowered.

6) Radiation from uranium: it is just not worth the hassle. Your pawns eat up a lot of medicine if you try to handle it. I suggest desinging an implant (kidney or liver to filter blood maybe?) that makes pawns immune to radiation to make uranium more viable. I mean rad suits are fine but I'd rather not have to micromanage pawns to wear it when they go near uranium.

7) As of 2.4D, the advanced mine extractor seems bugged and can't be placed anywhere (I hadn't tried too hard, maybe I was just dumb).

8 ) With the implementation of mineral and oil deposits (a great idea!), I think there should be a nerf on the cost of conveyor belts, as you will need a lot more of those and they are very expensive.

Thank you guys for your work, cheers!

Jarwy

New to the SK pack here.

Crafting skill 10 requirement for basic electronic parts, which you need to build... well, just about everything is a bit harsh. Had I known this I would've started with a pawn that had the prerequisite. Instead I'm 1 rimyear in and my originally level 7 crafting person with a burning passion to her work is only level 9 now with a seemingly long way to go and I can't even built a damned basic freezer. So yeah, harsh. :P

None of my captures or visitors have had high crafting either, though there was one, but I missed the chance. Traders haven't had the parts either. To cheat myself some parts... so tempting...

mav

Quote from: Jarwy on January 07, 2016, 11:22:15 AM
New to the SK pack here.

Crafting skill 10 requirement for basic electronic parts, which you need to build... well, just about everything is a bit harsh. Had I known this I would've started with a pawn that had the prerequisite. Instead I'm 1 rimyear in and my originally level 7 crafting person with a burning passion to her work is only level 9 now with a seemingly long way to go and I can't even built a damned basic freezer. So yeah, harsh. :P

None of my captures or visitors have had high crafting either, though there was one, but I missed the chance. Traders haven't had the parts either. To cheat myself some parts... so tempting...

The skill requirements and xp gains are not really well balanced imo. To make the game playable for you, without wasting an enormous amount of time, edit the save file and give one of your characters the required skill level. Just search for something like this: <def>Crafting</def>

Once there, editing should be self-explanatory.

zoranjoza

Without this mod, just with core folder in mods, game starts ok.
But with this mod and everything installed, game wont start.
I did same on my computer, but on my second pc it wont even start...
Here are pic and output_log

Edit: just to say that i left it in "not responding" phase and somehow after ~20 min it enter into game. then when i went to mods i had to wait ~3min. After adding one mod to list of selected mods, then i went close and then i had to wait more then 5min... After that i created map , but it wont show biomes,temperature etc. After that i exit game, now i cant enter it again... Even if i waited 20min.

[attachment deleted due to age]

MightyGooga

One Little question. I like to mess with the storyteller defs. Should a edid only the files in the CORE_SK folder, or do I have to edit in the core folder as well?

Ops, another onte. In the GITHUB version, the problem with the learning skills are solved yet?

Thanks

Masquerine

Quote from: gustavoghe on January 07, 2016, 07:49:41 PM
One Little question. I like to mess with the storyteller defs. Should a edid only the files in the CORE_SK folder, or do I have to edit in the core folder as well?

Ops, another onte. In the GITHUB version, the problem with the learning skills are solved yet?
Thanks
The storyteller xml in the core_sk folder should overwrite the vanilla one, as it has all 3 vanilla entries in it as well as the 4 modded ones.
Exp for crafting and such was increased from .2 to .65. If this is enough of a change has yet to be tested. I don't know what previous values were. Sky handled this.

Quote from: pongvin on January 07, 2016, 11:01:25 AM
I'm enjoying the new update very much, props for the creators.
I'd like to offer some feedback concerning game balance and a couple bugs.
Thank you guys for your work, cheers!
I'll answer these based on what I know of the current changes (github ongoing edits) compared to the D public release.
1) Mineral sonar was changed from integrated circuits to electronic components already.
2) Skill levels was .2 and changed to .65. At .2 you'd gain exp during day, then lose about the same amount while they slept. Not good. Not sure if .65 is enough or not. Needs testing.
3) Fuel and coal generator do not produce heat still. Power plants normally kick off lots of heat as a by-product, so it should be enabled. Marked for fixing.
4) Fruit drinks, tea and coffee were fixed for drinking. Any other drinks needing fixing?
5) Crude oil separation for multiple products is a good idea. The real life process does that, so the in-game process should do the same. Another thing to change.
6) Radiation from uranium: Implant could be a good "upgrade" way to wean off of chemical suits in the later game. That way you can have protection and still wear your power armor and such. The micro-managing of uranium does get tedious.
7) Advanced mine extractor goes on hidden deposits of "rare" minerals. Mine extractor goes on hidden deposits of minerals. It seems to be working as intended.
8 ) conveyor belts. I've never used these/looked at so I have no idea. Something for Sky to ponder on.

SupremeSoviet

I'm having a few issues with this mod pack.  One is the fact that even though I dled the newest version and the update I seems like I am missing content.  I know that the fallout weapons are not in it.  Additionally I am experiancing severe lag for reasons I don't understant.  I have run far larger mod packs with no issue before, not to mention my ram usage with this game is barely reaching 25% usage.  How can I fix these issues?  Thanks!

pongvin

Quote from: Masquerine on January 07, 2016, 08:46:57 PM
2) Skill levels was .2 and changed to .65. At .2 you'd gain exp during day, then lose about the same amount while they slept. Not good. Not sure if .65 is enough or not. Needs testing.
4) Fruit drinks, tea and coffee were fixed for drinking. Any other drinks needing fixing?
7) Advanced mine extractor goes on hidden deposits of "rare" minerals. Mine extractor goes on hidden deposits of minerals. It seems to be working as intended.
8 ) conveyor belts. I've never used these/looked at so I have no idea. Something for Sky to ponder on.

2) Great, I was about to start a new game, I'll test it.
4) No others were bugged that I encountered.
7) Ah alright, I never realized there were 2 types of mineral deposits. Maybe it would be good to make it clearer on the tooltip. Or I hadn't read it carefully enough.
8 ) They are very good and easy to use. You make a line of basic belt units. You build a loader (functions like a hopper) on one end of the line and an unloader on the other. Anything that gets loaded into the loader by pawns will be transferred to the unloader. The loader can't pick up stuff on its own, only a pawn can load it. A single pawn is enough to transfer thousands of resources in under a minute to any point in the map. Good for accessing far away extractors. My suggestion is to remove the integrated circuits of the basic units entirely (or make it cost 1 elec component) and in turn make the loaders/unloaders more expensive.

Jarwy

Quote from: mav on January 07, 2016, 11:46:19 AM
Quote from: Jarwy on January 07, 2016, 11:22:15 AM
New to the SK pack here.

The skill requirements and xp gains are not really well balanced imo. To make the game playable for you, without wasting an enormous amount of time, edit the save file and give one of your characters the required skill level. Just search for something like this: <def>Crafting</def>

Once there, editing should be self-explanatory.

An excellent suggestion. I suppose I shouldn't feel like I'm cheating to speed things up in this situation.