[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Masquerine

Quote from: lude on January 31, 2016, 09:35:42 PM
For some reason I don't seem to be able to plant onions (tested with godmode and without)
anyone else have the same problem?
Onion seems to be planting just fine in Github build 2.5-22. It only has a fertility requirement of 50%, so it should plant on soil without issue. You have to allow the colonists to use seeds instead of direct plant placement via dev menu, as that will break plants. This is because direct plant placement skips the genome generation, which is a feature of "Seeds Please" I believe.

Just finished up with naming/descriptions for plants, plant products and seeds. No more copypasta description for every single seed. I think I got them all, anyway. Names are like Potato Seeds grow Potato Plants, which produce Potatoes. Easy to distinguish it all.

Minor error on seed genomes. The last 2 lines have the code characters which shouldn't be there. Couldn't find how to fix. Picture attached.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

lude

Hmm, I meant that I can't utilize seeds, tested in god mode meaning that I was able to chose everything despite researchprerequisite or disabling such prerequisite altogether by researching everything, onions in particular don't show up in the grow list, but good to know it works in 2.5 will migrate soonish (after the current colony)

so, are the genomes saved with the seeds? if so, I have to start with all the seeds? since traders apparently carry some seeds that can't be used to grow
like on my current colony there's a few vegetables i can't grow, but select as opposed to the case with onions where i can't even select it as an option to grow

also if anyone is interested these two will add recipes to the machining and stonecutting table to give a bit more control over what kind of stone to craft (giving the ability to set a minimum amount to work towards to)
has the same time cost and crafting results as their SK equivalent

http://pastebin.com/D1Gdjt6M <machining
http://pastebin.com/HH6nFibq < stonecutting

all hail Itchyflea for making this back in A9

Masquerine

Quote from: lude on February 01, 2016, 07:20:57 PM
Hmm, I meant that I can't utilize seeds, tested in god mode meaning that I was able to chose everything despite researchprerequisite or disabling such prerequisite altogether by researching everything, onions in particular don't show up in the grow list, but good to know it works in 2.5 will migrate soonish (after the current colony)

so, are the genomes saved with the seeds? if so, I have to start with all the seeds? since traders apparently carry some seeds that can't be used to grow
like on my current colony there's a few vegetables i can't grow, but select as opposed to the case with onions where i can't even select it as an option to grow

also if anyone is interested these two will add recipes to the machining and stonecutting table to give a bit more control over what kind of stone to craft (giving the ability to set a minimum amount to work towards to)
has the same time cost and crafting results as their SK equivalent

http://pastebin.com/D1Gdjt6M <machining
http://pastebin.com/HH6nFibq < stonecutting

all hail Itchyflea for making this back in A9
Could just be an old version problem then for plants not planting. I know there was some issues with plants awhile ago, but it seems to have been sorted out by now. The way the Seed Please genome thing works is that every time a plant is planted, that specific plant is assigned a random set of stats. Like one potato plant might be able to grow at night while the one beside it won't be able to. I mention dev mode plant spawning because during my testing I noticed it always broke the plants, and that was why (dev mode skips genome generation). They would probably have worked fine through dev mod spawning fine if Seeds Please wasn't enabled, but that doesn't really matter as they won't break like that during normal play.

There is still a bit of a balance issue with fertility on plants vs soils (3 soils are unable to be used for player growing, but wild plants can grow on them).

You don't need to split the recipes into separate instances to do what you're proposing. Every time you add a "make stone blocks" bill, it gets its own set of possible materials. So in the first bill of "make stone blocks" I set it to do 50x, marble only. In the second bill I can set do 25x, slate only. Both will exist as separate bills with their own rules. I'm just not seeing the benefit of 10 recipes vs 2, other than the bill name being "make granite blocks" instead of "make stone blocks", with granite as the only material choice.

I do see a typo on it though.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

lude

The genome thing is pretty nice, looking forward to seeing it in action.
I only recently started using the do x command more because with hardcore SK time ressource is more critical but at later stages I just want to set a bill for a certain thing to always have X in storage instead of ever using the manager or the other, also with the original command it's 12 different recipes even ^^
I didin't check for any typos, I mostly just copy pasted from core_sk to make it compatible,
tho there was one ) instead of a _ at some point

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Masquerine on February 01, 2016, 04:57:46 PM
Quote from: lude on January 31, 2016, 09:35:42 PM
For some reason I don't seem to be able to plant onions (tested with godmode and without)
anyone else have the same problem?
Onion seems to be planting just fine in Github build 2.5-22. It only has a fertility requirement of 50%, so it should plant on soil without issue. You have to allow the colonists to use seeds instead of direct plant placement via dev menu, as that will break plants. This is because direct plant placement skips the genome generation, which is a feature of "Seeds Please" I believe.

Just finished up with naming/descriptions for plants, plant products and seeds. No more copypasta description for every single seed. I think I got them all, anyway. Names are like Potato Seeds grow Potato Plants, which produce Potatoes. Easy to distinguish it all.

Minor error on seed genomes. The last 2 lines have the code characters which shouldn't be there. Couldn't find how to fix. Picture attached.
The strange characters are there because it's a translatable string and the translation key is missing. Apparently neither core nor any mod provides the <Yes>Yes</Yes> as a translation key.

Griffith

Yo fellas, is there a way to create seperate stockpiles for Infused and Non-Infused clothing? And a way to prevent workshops from dis-assembling Infused items?
This is troubling me quite a bit! Thanks!  :D

Also for weapons! :)

Killaim

Quote from: Griffith on February 02, 2016, 02:23:48 AM
Yo fellas, is there a way to create seperate stockpiles for Infused and Non-Infused clothing? And a way to prevent workshops from dis-assembling Infused items?
This is troubling me quite a bit! Thanks!  :D

Also for weapons! :)

this would be a nice addition

Masquerine

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on February 02, 2016, 01:54:47 AM
The strange characters are there because it's a translatable string and the translation key is missing. Apparently neither core nor any mod provides the <Yes>Yes</Yes> as a translation key.
It worked, thanks. "No" was missing as well and was added in. Also fixed a line from CombatRealism that was missing.

LowBridge

don't seem to be able to get anyone to do cleaning with this mod group running, so I'm sure it's something simple but for the life of me I cannot figure it out.  any help on this would be great.

Zaraky

Quote from: LowBridge on February 02, 2016, 11:27:50 AM
don't seem to be able to get anyone to do cleaning with this mod group running, so I'm sure it's something simple but for the life of me I cannot figure it out.  any help on this would be great.

You need to set a zone for cleaning, so just like for storage/home/growing etc, it's in the same option.

LowBridge

Quote from: Zaraky on February 02, 2016, 12:04:05 PM
Quote from: LowBridge on February 02, 2016, 11:27:50 AM

You need to set a zone for cleaning, so just like for storage/home/growing etc, it's in the same option.

OMG... lol thank you

doodeeda

Doing productions with the Manager mod and using Add Job For Ingredients doesn't work. It makes the ingredients' thresholds like 600 or 1200. So if you want to make like 15 electronic components it queues up for you to make 600 glass frames when you only need 45.

Nemesis688

I was using a github build from last night and it seems abominations are trying to spawn out of bounds. (-1000,0,-1000). So the event triggers but they fail to appear and there is no 'jump to' option. Playing on second largest map size.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: doodeeda on February 02, 2016, 07:33:25 PM
Doing productions with the Manager mod and using Add Job For Ingredients doesn't work. It makes the ingredients' thresholds like 600 or 1200. So if you want to make like 15 electronic components it queues up for you to make 600 glass frames when you only need 45.
Ugh, that's my bad. It gets a bit complicated with recursion and the weird way ingredients are defined/counted in the game code - I did know there was an error there but I didn't get around to fixing it, then conveniently forgot it was even there.

You can manually change the numbers though, it's just the calculated pre-sets that are wrong, it should respect what you set manually. I know that isn't ideal, but it's still better than adding jobs manually, right?

r4ky

this mod pack more look like a dumpmod than a real modpack, last time i played rimworld was when nine get banned and we lost UOM too with him, i try 2 game with this pack and i play 5 game in 10min to be sure, every game there is around 30 crash at start so all my colonist or almost die or injuries and i start with 3 colonist but dont know how but i always finish to get 10 colonist less than 1min after i start this new world, so i dont want to know what happen to 5min  LOL ! well i'm very disapointed to see there are no modpack that can rival UOM few months after his ban  :'(.

(this is just my personal opinion and i respect the modpack creator and player who like it at least and sorry for my bad english too  :-\)