[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Goo Poni

Quote from: noidea on August 22, 2016, 04:56:40 AM
-

As no-one seems to be answering your original question, you can navigate to your mods folder/Core SK/Defs/ThingDefs to find the weapon xmls. To remove ammo handling, delete this section of a weapon's definition, the AmmoUser. Bear in mind that this will almost certainly break raid AI as they must spawn with ammo and without an ammouser, they spawn with a dummy item that throws out errors every tick (so like 20 times a second at normal speed) because it can't generate the ammo. The only time this seems to work without issue is with turrets. Removing ammo user removes the need for ammo entirely. Removing just the <ammoSet> section removes the need for types of ammo but keeps the need to reload. And as mentioned, this breaks AI because they don't know what ammo to spawn with and we can't exactly ask NIA (the original mod author) how to leave out those parts of the mod as he has abandoned ship.

deckcainyolo

Is there a way to disable custom factions like the insectoids? I'm trying a hard start but everytime I get the plunderer or bounty hunter or a raid events really early and it always spawn aliens instead of regular human factions, and since I start without weapons, I get destroyed everytime.

Owlchemist

Quote from: popster99 on August 22, 2016, 08:57:04 AM
anyone know why the drilling rig require its self to be placed on an oil sprout but its the only thing that makes oil sprouts

Assuming it works the same way as the previous version of hardcore, you place the drill on an oil deposit and it converts it into an oil fissure, which you place the extractor on.

(To be honest, I'm not really sure what the extra step adds to the game, though. Seems a bit odd...)

StormySunrise

Does anyone know where i can find

http://puu.sh/qKF6t/f2b6404b3f.png

I need to find it because I messed up some of the recipies

zoranjoza

Hello, i have bug i think.
Space spice that i used 10 days ago, is still acitive. Why?
Also i cant interact with visitors-traders. Cant recruit them or improve friendship. Simple there is no button for those options(or tab). Any fix?
Ussing latest version from github

FlipFlop1st

Missing oil / mineral veins on the map? Its a bug in the first release of Hardcore SK 4.0
Download the actual version from github, have fun :)

starsmith

I believe there is a bug with crossbows (all of them). When constructed, all crossbows will have a full load of arrows available. Once the arrows have been fired, the crossbow is empty as expected. When one goes to reload the crossbow, the crossbow becomes unequipped. If one re-equips the crossbow, the crossbow is still empty. All the different types of crossbows seem to exhibit the same behavior. (I tested bows and bows behave as expected).

(P.S. Many thanks for your hard efforts and many updates.)

Owlchemist

Quote from: starsmith on August 22, 2016, 07:14:40 PM
I believe there is a bug with crossbows (all of them). When constructed, all crossbows will have a full load of arrows available. Once the arrows have been fired, the crossbow is empty as expected. When one goes to reload the crossbow, the crossbow becomes unequipped. If one re-equips the crossbow, the crossbow is still empty. All the different types of crossbows seem to exhibit the same behavior. (I tested bows and bows behave as expected).

The behavior you're describing sounds like when you try to load a weapon and there's no correct ammo on their person. I'm guessing you're trying to use arrows? You gotta use bolts.

starsmith

Quote from: Owlchemist on August 22, 2016, 07:27:14 PM
Quote from: starsmith on August 22, 2016, 07:14:40 PM

The behavior you're describing sounds like when you try to load a weapon and there's no correct ammo on their person. I'm guessing you're trying to use arrows? You gotta use bolts.

Yes you are correct. My tribe is advanced enough to make xbows but not bolts, which require smithy.

Thank you for the help.

Goo Poni

Quote from: starsmith on August 22, 2016, 07:51:30 PM
Quote from: Owlchemist on August 22, 2016, 07:27:14 PM

Yes you are correct. My tribe is advanced enough to make xbows but not bolts, which require smithy.

Thank you for the help.

Ah, that error is still there. Nice.

sidfu

wondering why some even play this as they want to disable things thata they worked so hard on to make work together.

got no ammo? craft a bow and arrow.

researcch slow? try making the bench out of differntt material maybe also use ahigher level researcher. levels 3-5 speed dont change much anyway.

getting attacks from mobs before u ready? try not smelting 5k ore into bars shooting up your wealth before u ready.

some tips that might help.
1. when u land focus on getting food production and getting arrow prodution up(hey a bow is better than a fit right :P)
2. when fight starts make sure each peson has melee and a ranged weapon so u can swap if they ranged or melee.
3. dont craft more than u need on items. set the do until X to 40-80 and leave it till u can defend decently. if u need more than that then set a manual order for what u need.
4 micro manage yoour wealth
5 again micromanage your wealth.

this mod pack is made to work together as is if u remove something it can throw the game out of balance. for example if u removed seeds plz so u can grow without seeds u wind up with to much food witch equals over inflated wealth witch gets u attacked before u ready.

Makko

Okay, so why don't the scenario editing settings seem to work for this mod?

I always start out with the KPV, 200 rounds and the two Lee Einfields with their six rounds each.

I tried adding to the scenario "Start with" AND "Start near" 300 british 303 rounds, but they are no where to be found, neither are the random pets I selected.

Interestingly, the ship chunks and cairn totals do increase like instructed.

Are these things being spawned and then smashed by the ship chunks falling on them??!?

---
Another question:

Why don't I ever seem to get traders?

I've gotten visitors a few times and many raids but never traders, this is unfortunate.

---

Also, this verification is obscene and super annoying, will it go away at some point?
I don't understand.

BlackSmokeDMax

Best pawn lost a leg in most recent game. Damn! Look through the help and find the peg leg, of course I need electricity up and running to craft a peg leg. Got started on a windmill, and now needed to research Medicine 1 to get a prosthetics bench. Just about to finish that research and of course the windmill breaks down!

Mess around with all of that, get the peg leg installed (on my best doctor- next best who does the operation has a 50% surgery chance!) Alright, back on track! Not less than a minute after that colonist recovers from anesthesia, bounty hunters arrive. The end, lol! Those four never stood a chance.

Ahh, I hate love this game!

Szara

Quote from: Makko on August 22, 2016, 10:13:36 PM
Okay, so why don't the scenario editing settings seem to work for this mod?
Scenario editing on the first version or two of 4.0 were buggy but it's been working perfectly for awhile now, I just made another new scenario and everything is there. Are you sure you aren't overriding it with prepare carefully settings?

Why don't I ever seem to get traders?
Your storyteller hates you I guess! I've been getting traders now and then.

Also, this verification is obscene and super annoying, will it go away at some point?
I don't understand.

I have no idea what you're talking about, I haven't seen any verification related anything with the mod.. Or Rimworld. Are you talking about Steam perhaps?

Yest' chelovék, yest' probléma. Net chelovéka, net problémy.
If there is a person, there is a problem. If there is no person, then there is no problem.

InsKill