[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Masquerine

Quote from: Parole on January 05, 2016, 09:43:24 AM
Quote from: Ajes on January 05, 2016, 09:30:20 AM
Quote from: Parole on January 05, 2016, 08:52:08 AM
Quote from: zoranjoza on January 04, 2016, 06:56:41 PM
Im also having problem producing alloys in the start.. I cannot make normal alloys in the smelting furnace.. look: http://prntscr.com/9mdkh5
Bars=Alloys. Moreover, when I produce Steel bars, I get Steel. So don't worry if you see requirement for an alloy.
Bars and alloys are the same item type where building is concerned, just created in different ways. We could call everything "alloy" if that would clear confusion like this up, as your picture shows you being able to produce the basic bars types. Alloys as the game is concerned are bars that require multiple metal types.

Quote from: zoranjoza on January 05, 2016, 10:36:00 AM
Fix that names. Its very confusing...

Will do. I'll tag bars into alloys for naming. My goal is to attempt to clear up confusion with wording where possible, so suggestions like "alloy" are welcome if you think something doesn't match or make sense. Minor typos are less of a concern to point out, as there's a whole pile of them for me to get to yet.

I do not know what Chromium is used for where recipes is concerned. If anyone knows, let me know so that I can adjust the description for it.

zoranjoza

Parole

Quote from: Masquerine on January 05, 2016, 10:31:35 AM
Quote from: Parole on January 05, 2016, 09:43:24 AM
Quote from: Ajes on January 05, 2016, 09:30:20 AM
Quote from: Parole on January 05, 2016, 08:52:08 AM
Quote from: zoranjoza on January 04, 2016, 06:56:41 PM
Im also having problem producing alloys in the start.. I cannot make normal alloys in the smelting furnace.. look: http://prntscr.com/9mdkh5
Bars=Alloys. Moreover, when I produce Steel bars, I get Steel. So don't worry if you see requirement for an alloy.
Bars and alloys are the same item type where building is concerned, just created in different ways. We could call everything "alloy" if that would clear confusion like this up, as your picture shows you being able to produce the basic bars types. Alloys as the game is concerned are bars that require multiple metal types.

Quote from: zoranjoza on January 05, 2016, 10:36:00 AM
Fix that names. Its very confusing...

Will do. I'll tag bars into alloys for naming. My goal is to attempt to clear up confusion with wording where possible, so suggestions like "alloy" are welcome if you think something doesn't match or make sense. Minor typos are less of a concern to point out, as there's a whole pile of them for me to get to yet.

It wasn't my question, I just replied to those who was asking.

What about my questions? Problems and suggestions.

Masquerine

Quote from: Parole on January 05, 2016, 10:48:29 AM
I do not know what the intended light value is, as in if 100% is only meant to be for outdoors or not. This would be a question for Sky.

I could take a look at fuses at least. The way they imply they should work is that each fuse is meant to take a load of 2-3 fully charged batteries. So if you get a zzzt event and the fuse bursts but doesn't ever protect you, then it sounds like it is bugged. I'll do some testing and poking around to get a better understanding of the behavior.

Parole

Quote from: Masquerine on January 05, 2016, 10:58:17 AM
Quote from: Parole on January 05, 2016, 10:48:29 AM
I do not know what the intended light value is, as in if 100% is only meant to be for outdoors or not. This would be a question for Sky.

I could take a look at fuses at least. The way they imply they should work is that each fuse is meant to take a load of 2-3 fully charged batteries. So if you get a zzzt event and the fuse bursts but doesn't ever protect you, then it sounds like it is bugged. I'll do some testing and poking around to get a better understanding of the behavior.

There is some more on page 106.

Masquerine

Quote from: Parole on January 05, 2016, 11:17:49 AM
There is some more on page 106.
Mod additions/suggestions will be a Sky thing. From what I've read before about meal priority, it is kind of a general thing currently. Like there's no added restriction for cannibals to prefer meat over vegetables. Its more of a "prefers fine meal" over "awful meal" quality. I mention this because by chance I had read a mod that addresses the "feed prisoners top quality meals" when possible behavior, and how they went about changing that a bit. Preferable diet choices would make the variety of food types more appealing instead of always feeding them meals made of potatoes. Might take a bit of work to implement such a thing, but would be a nice game addition.

Fruit drinks not drinkable sounds easily fixable. I can look at that.
HK UMP 45 not being usable/stats also sounds fixable. Probably just a missing piece of code in the def.
First glance at the fuseboxes in game tells me they are broken. Instead of the description I see "comp", which is part of the coding. I should be able to fix it. Give me a bit. Looks like some related buildings are also broken, like the magnetic shield. The rabbit hole does deeper.

After much testing. I fixed it. Went to do one final test, it broke. Something still not right. Duplicate file somewhere else maybe. Ugh.
Okay, got it for sure. Fuse boxes and magnetic shielding properly display their mitigation.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Parole

I've just noticed another problem(?).
Brainstimulater has negative stats instead of positive mentioned in description.

upd.

Forgot but just met another strange problem.
I can't trade with some traders(those who come, not spaceships). So I can trade with almost all traders but some tradeposts just don't give me a chance! I even can't click on them with rmb(I mean it doesn't do anything).

[attachment deleted due to age]

Ankarius

I'm not sure if my game is bugged or it's bugged in general but I can't build Force shield without breaking the game. As soon as I build Force shield I can't load any saved game, every single save done after building Force shield is broken, all I see after trying to load save is either complete black screen or white screen with a little bit of black, and dev console pop up with like a million errors, if I don't build force shield, everything is just fine.

Nosebaer

Quote from: Ankarius on January 05, 2016, 03:34:46 PM
I'm not sure if my game is bugged or it's bugged in general but I can't build Force shield without breaking the game. As soon as I build Force shield I can't load any saved game, every single save done after building Force shield is broken, all I see after trying to load save is either complete black screen or white screen with a little bit of black, and dev console pop up with like a million errors, if I don't build force shield, everything is just fine.

You Sir, are a genius! Really. You saved my colony...
I had exactly the same problem.. (and all saves overwritten while realizing it does not work anymore)

After searching a cause in the savefile for about 3 hours i gave up.
You however now mentioned its the ForceShield Building and with that approach i created a new colony built the force shield and saved...
Long story short (sorry.. im just happy it worked)
You can correct that. In opening the save with notepad++ and just delete the built force shield out of the map
The lines to delete (in my case the fortress shield i built):
<thing Class="Combat_Realism_Compatibility.Shields.Building_Shield">
            <def>Building_Shield_Fortress</def>
            <id>Building_Shield_Fortress1321489</id>
            <pos>(69, 0, 117)</pos>
            <health>150</health>
            <faction>Colony1930679774</faction>
            <parentThing>HeavyPowerConduit845010</parentThing>
            <shieldField Class="Combat_Realism_Compatibility.Shields.ShieldField">
               <shieldMaxShieldStrength>1000</shieldMaxShieldStrength>
               <shieldInitialShieldStrength>100</shieldInitialShieldStrength>
               <shieldShieldRadius>12</shieldShieldRadius>
               <shieldRechargeTickDelay>40</shieldRechargeTickDelay>
               <shieldRecoverWarmup>900</shieldRecoverWarmup>
               <shieldInterceptDropPod>True</shieldInterceptDropPod>
               <shieldCurrentStrength_base>1000</shieldCurrentStrength_base>
               <tick>526187</tick>
               <online>True</online>
               <colourGreen>0.3764706</colourGreen>
               <colourBlue>0.7294118</colourBlue>
               <shieldBuilding>Building_Shield_Fortress1321489</shieldBuilding>
            </shieldField>
            <flag_direct>True</flag_direct>
            <flag_indirect>True</flag_indirect>
            <flag_fireSupression>True</flag_fireSupression>
            <flag_InterceptDropPod>True</flag_InterceptDropPod>
            <flag_shieldRepairMode>True</flag_shieldRepairMode>
         </thing>

Hope that helps others as well.

Masquerine

Quote from: Ankarius on January 05, 2016, 03:34:46 PM
Force shield and SIF shield both break the game on loading the save file. Nanite shield station seems okay though. I was able to reload with one placed without it breaking. Sky is gonna be busy with all these bugs, as I'm not familiar with the errors given to attempt to understand how to fix it. "object reference not set to an instance of an object." The hk ump 45 gets the same thing, as mentioned earlier. Hmm. Wrong defname maybe?

Figured out the fruit drink/spectago tea/coffee. Their ParentName="ResourceBase" was the wrong type. Cup of tea is ParentName="MealRottable", which let it be consumed. Other drinkable beverages (beer, wine) are ParentName="MealBase", which are also consumable but not rottable.

Brain Stimulator easy fix. Change - to + in core_sk/defs/hediffdef/hediffdefs_surrogates.xml for the brain stimulator entry.

I have not been able to reproduce the "traders not trading". Every trader that set up camp I was able to trade with, so I'm not sure what the problem would be. Only thing I can suggest is checking to make sure an orbital trade beacon has access to outside. Can't really attempt to fix something if I can't find a way to break it. It might just be a specific faction. Would need additional details next time it occurs.

zoranjoza

When will new update come? Will it fix all this reply problems from users?
Expecily names , bars,alloys etc...

Masquerine

Quote from: zoranjoza on January 06, 2016, 07:50:05 AM
When will new update come? Will it fix all this reply problems from users?
Expecily names , bars,alloys etc...
You can pull the in-progress copy from github at any time. It includes all of the changes we make between official public releases, so the github version changes a lot from day to day. I can tell you at this point though, only the bugs I played around with yesterday have been fixed, which are the bars renamed to alloy (missed a bit on the first pass, re-checking today), the drinks undrinkable, brain stimulant wrong stats and the fuseboxes/magnetic shield getting fixed.
Force shield/SIF shield still break savegames, HK UMP45 still broken, ect. Attempting to fix those is something I don't have a clue on. Have to wait for Sky on that.
Here's the link if you want it, "download zip" is on the right side: https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK
Else, wait a bit longer and I can tell you when the other game-breaking bugs have been fixed. I can keep an eye on it.

Going to have some fun fixing up descriptions today. I'll recheck all instances where "bar" may be mentioned as I probably missed something. So many things to check. Carbon fiber composite should probably just be carbon fiber alloy to follow the alloy theme.

Coming along. Added a few "ore" tags that were missing, same with "alloy". Lots of recipes changed "bar" to "alloy". More checking and rechecking. Deposits will be the raw, mine-able rocks, ores are the raw product from said rocks, alloys are the finished product used in building/recipes. Uranium-types noted for radiation in description.

Zaraky

hey guys, I have encountered some new problem right now. Some of my colonist seem to disappear from the interface on top of screen, and from all other menu like they were dead or gone. Is there any way to reset this so I can see all of them again? because right now I can't reset or change the restriction to some of them and it's might make them go berserk.

Also a new one again, one of my colonist is invisible. Which is really weird. With this character, all attack does no damage but he can haul anything.

For the invisible bug, It seem i'm breaking the movement speed limit. I'm using lightwalk/momentum/infinity etc on the same colonist for hauling, he is at 25.73c/s, when he walk on the rough stone floor (93movement speed) everything is alright, but as soon as he enter the wooden floor(118%movement speed), he disappear. Is there anyway to fix this?

Masquerine

Quote from: Zaraky on January 06, 2016, 02:09:50 PM
hey guys, I have encountered some new problem right now. Some of my colonist seem to disappear from the interface on top of screen, and from all other menu like they were dead or gone. Is there any way to reset this so I can see all of them again? because right now I can't reset or change the restriction to some of them and it's might make them go berserk.

Also a new one again, one of my colonist is invisible. Which is really weird. With this character, all attack does no damage but he can haul anything.

For the invisible bug, It seem i'm breaking the movement speed limit. I'm using lightwalk/momentum/infinity etc on the same colonist for hauling, he is at 25.73c/s, when he walk on the rough stone floor (93movement speed) everything is alright, but as soon as he enter the wooden floor(118%movement speed), he disappear. Is there anyway to fix this?
It's a known vanilla bug with low/no priority to be fixed as the bug only results from modded content. When movement (c/s) rises above a certain amount, they become invisible. From what I've seen mentioned in other threads, that number is 12 c/s (roughly 43 km/h someone mentioned). Anything above this can cause them to turn invisible. Only thing you can do for now is to try to reduce his c/s to under 12 and hopefully he'll come back.

Everything that affects speed increases will need to be tweaked in the modpack so that this bug doesn't occur, as it doesn't seem like the vanilla hard limit can be tweaked. A proper, complete re-balance would take some time. My thoughts on it would be to reduce flooring bonus, keeping prosthetics as main boosters and items as small boosters, if possible. Trait bonus too. Need a good look at the potential numbers to find a common ground.

zoranjoza

If i download this "beta fix" from github ,d o i need to start new game or i can continue my game.