[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

LordShotGun

Hmm, now I am getting a repeating error that is massively slowing down my game. The error is "System.nullreferenceexception : object not set to an instance of an object at rimworld.faction.hostileto (rimworld.faction fac.rimworld faction other) 0x000001 in <filename unknown>0

http://imgur.com/DnSmVpg

Here is a pic.

I started a new colony and everything now works fine but thought I would say something anyway.

Alsius

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to collect sand.

I have designated a sand collecting area but none of my colonists have ever collected any sand, and  I can't order anyone to collect. I assume I need some additional tools for it, but what are those?

zoranjoza

Quote from: Alsius on January 21, 2016, 01:43:10 PM
For the life of me, I can't figure out how to collect sand.

I have designated a sand collecting area but none of my colonists have ever collected any sand, and  I can't order anyone to collect. I assume I need some additional tools for it, but what are those?
Miners collect sand. Or make stone blocks from sandstone.  Then u get ruble or sand

Alsius

Quote from: zoranjoza on January 21, 2016, 02:37:33 PM
Miners collect sand. Or make stone blocks from sandstone.  Then u get ruble or sand

Ah, excellent, thanks! My miners did not bother to collect sand until I removed all actual mining designations, which they seem to prioritize over sand collection.

Masquerine

Quote from: Alsius on January 21, 2016, 02:46:16 PM

Ah, excellent, thanks! My miners did not bother to collect sand until I removed all actual mining designations, which they seem to prioritize over sand collection.
This seems to be a recurring question. I'll modify the description a little to note that it is a mining task and that it is low priority for all of the gathering orders (sand, clay, ect). That way this question won't need to be continuously asked. : )

Quote from: LordShotGun on January 21, 2016, 11:55:28 AM
Hmm, now I am getting a repeating error that is massively slowing down my game. The error is "System.nullreferenceexception : object not set to an instance of an object at rimworld.faction.hostileto (rimworld.faction fac.rimworld faction other) 0x000001 in <filename unknown>0

Here is a pic.

I started a new colony and everything now works fine but thought I would say something anyway.
This is a known bug that has not been fixed yet, but will be soon. It seems to be that when certain things spawn on mapgen (usually creatures) they get placed without a listed faction, which throws errors thousands of times.

Konsulus

Another bug that I frequently see is that certain tailoring and smithing projects never finish. They get stuck at work left:0 or sometimes even negative values. I have one junpsuit on the now working hyperloom :) sitting in that state. I am not absolutely sure if this can randomly happen to any recipe or certain recipes always fail like this. If you want to try to replicate this I suggest the Marine Personal Armor. I tryed to craft that one at least 5 times and all failed.
What else is strange is that although I made sure this jumpsuit would be crafted from hyperweave the description of the unfinished product says samoyed fur jumpsuit.

Concerning the new events with "The Thing" they do not realy work for me. This could be because i did not start a new game after they were included. At the moment every time I load a savegame 1-2 rescue capsules land. At some point later I get a message about them turning into a monster but besides the meassage nothing happens. I even hired one of thos people and he is still doing fine.

skyarkhangel

Here is a pic.

error happened after what action?

Quote from: Konsulus on January 21, 2016, 03:03:49 PM
Concerning the new events with "The Thing" they do not realy work for me. This could be because i did not start a new game after they were included. At the moment every time I load a savegame 1-2 rescue capsules land. At some point later I get a message about them turning into a monster but besides the meassage nothing happens. I even hired one of thos people and he is still doing fine.

It should be corrected in today update

Masquerine

Quote from: skyarkhangel on January 21, 2016, 03:15:11 PM
He's talking about an error that happens on embark, when you first load the map. Only happens sometimes, as I just got it now. Might be related to Skynet/Mechanoids hidden in rooms, only creature types I can see on this map. Picture attached.
Same error, different embark. Only centipede, stalker and scyther this time in an enclosed room. Trying more embarks.
Embark with Mechanoids in a room that was already open had no error.
Same error again, locked room with centipede, mammoth, crawler, terminator on the map. Seems to only occur when they are in a sealed off room.
Causing damage to a mammoth caused the error to reset multiple times. Error persists on mammoth death, but seems to be linked to it. It gave a single error, a different one. Centipede had same error. Attaching picture.

Second picture is unrelated error, codetext when raptors decided to kill a pawn for the message up top.

[attachment deleted due to age]

LordShotGun

Quote from: skyarkhangel on January 21, 2016, 03:15:11 PM

Here is a pic.

Just loading into a brand new colony map. I believe Masquerine has already ID'd the error.

Edit: Ninja'd

pongvin

Quote from: Konsulus on January 21, 2016, 03:03:49 PM
Another bug that I frequently see is that certain tailoring and smithing projects never finish. They get stuck at work left:0 or sometimes even negative values. I have one junpsuit on the now working hyperloom :) sitting in that state. I am not absolutely sure if this can randomly happen to any recipe or certain recipes always fail like this. If you want to try to replicate this I suggest the Marine Personal Armor. I tryed to craft that one at least 5 times and all failed.
What else is strange is that although I made sure this jumpsuit would be crafted from hyperweave the description of the unfinished product says samoyed fur jumpsuit.

This happens when the unfinished object the ingredients turn into has a different "property" than it was originally made of, like you desribed, and is present everywhere these "unfinished" parts are used, like when crafting bionics.

Nemesis688

Just wanted to mention that the description for the cremation recipes are slightly off. The amount of ash produced was increased awhile ago but the description stayed the same (they all say they produce two)

Masquerine

Quote from: Nemesis688 on January 21, 2016, 05:50:02 PM
Just wanted to mention that the description for the cremation recipes are slightly off. The amount of ash produced was increased awhile ago but the description stayed the same (they all say they produce two)
Thanks for the notice, will fix.

Nemesis688

So I am getting an event error.  It is spamming the log and causing a slow down. This was on a github build from last night. I see the assembly has been edited in some way again so I'm not sure if its been fixed since my save was from after the error was in effect.

Edit: Also, Ilmenite Ore Deposits are dropping Titanium alloy instead of the ore.

[attachment deleted due to age]

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Masquerine on January 21, 2016, 02:48:24 PM
Quote from: Alsius on January 21, 2016, 02:46:16 PM

This seems to be a recurring question. I'll modify the description a little to note that it is a mining task and that it is low priority for all of the gathering orders (sand, clay, ect). That way this question won't need to be continuously asked. : )

Here is a pic.

This is a known bug that has not been fixed yet, but will be soon. It seems to be that when certain things spawn on mapgen (usually creatures) they get placed without a listed faction, which throws errors thousands of times.

in the latest update were fix for plunderers and added hidden faction "bountyhunters" (its needs to do animals of type "BountyHunter Aggressive" hostile for default fo Colony. That colonists considered them as enemies and attacked.
This error, i think that game cant to find new hidden hostile faction. Need create new map.

Quote from: Nemesis688 on January 21, 2016, 07:04:22 PM
So I am getting an event error.  It is spamming the log and causing a slow down. This was on a github build from last night. I see the assembly has been edited in some way again so I'm not sure if its been fixed since my save was from after the error was in effect.

Edit: Also, Ilmenite Ore Deposits are dropping Titanium alloy instead of the ore.

Ok. Problem found. Error in condition to starting event "UnexpectedGuest", soon fix.
Ilmenite Ore Deposits bug = true. soon fix.

Griffith

Is there a mod for selective constructing that works with this modpack? Eg; Select my highest construction colonist to make 5 beds without having to right click and selecting the option manually or messing with my colonist work orders.

Thanks man! Still playing this modpack, stuck on finding a fissure for oil :(