[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Griffith on February 06, 2016, 10:18:08 PM
Anyone else have a significantly less amount of raider/trader/visitor encounters with 2.5? I have 4 different factions really close to my base, in 2.4 Id have traders 2/3 times a week. I havnt had a single trader/raider and only 1 visitor since in about ~4 hours of gameplay?

Hey Skyark! I just had raptors arrive in 2.5 (3 of them) and no option to hunt/tame them shows up. Even the "O" shortcut button for hunt wont work. I have to enlist a guy and manually control him to kill them. Intended? :). I can throw up my save file if you need.

Hello! It's random. In latest 2.5, Raid event takes into account the outdoor temperature and weather. No raids when outd. temp below -65 or higher then +53. No raids when blizzard, heavy rainstorm.
Raptors now in hidden "bountyhunter" faction, but it will be removed. Bcs, successfully were added own brokenstate.

Quote from: Noopy on February 08, 2016, 12:55:35 AM
I'm using 2.5 and now my tables have weird "range" where people will only use them in a certain distance. Can I extend it? If not how can I remove it?

You can build as many tables as necessary. What problem? Range used only for a party to search alcohol and drafted members for party

lude

Quote from: Hec5 on February 07, 2016, 05:07:35 AM
It's not normal when I to build this up a field of 20x20 4-5 days takes the shelves, even though I have the materials? (From time to time are simply deviated and wait, or leave the material lying there, waiting.)
Is this a bug or do I have something in because change config?
Has a time to give me a little info?

You should force joy as well as work in the restrictions, I usually have mine at anything, but having several joy and work restrictions a day leads to them chosing jobs a bit more intelligent and feeding themselves better as well as make hauling work a lot better.

So if you don't force work every day it can take a long time and then there is a mod called tool for the haul which might break pathfinding if you have it installed (with the modpack together)

also that raptor pack should count as enemy and be autoshot at

--- edit ---
also I noticed that seedless makes everything die on harvest and leaflessness that isn't a tree and that is not very realistic, I changed most of it for my personal use to reflect reality now, I wish there were three stages of "frost" aka "leaflessness"

because beans and a few other stuff would survive slight frost, just not heavy

also I really missed the non plantable raspberry bushes for aesthetic reasons (so I dropped new ones after I changed it)

are you by chance interested in it? some seed prices might be to low to work with it, since all bushes do not die on leaflessness nor harvest tho all of it is easy to change, also I added grass and tallgrass back in so they are genomed now as well, haygrass should be too (and I checked every plant on google for lifecycle and frost survivability, things like cotton I left as an annual, even tho it's a perrenial, but the harvest periods are too short in game and after 2-3 harvests they'd produce a lot less or less quality anyway)

pongvin

I'm really enjoying the new events,  especially the "darkness" one, that's cool AF. As a suggestion, can you make it so that the little blobs of darkness creatures could actually spawn "inside" were theres no light? I found it was easy to just hole up in the base while they go away since they can't go through doors. Instead if they could spawn inside the base where there are no lights, it could be a little more interesting.

Meteorites, great idea. I think though that they should always be made of some rare metal instead of 70% slate-marble-etc and should drop more resources. Maybe some should contain rubies or other gems too.

Static signals, what do they do? Does it remove trade ships currently in range?

---

Other things: most recipes' description for higher end armors contain only "ingredients" instead of what actually requires, making it difficult to figure out how to build what.

advanced mine extractor still drops titanium alloy instead of ilmenite ore.

sand is a very, vey important resource and compared to how much of it is needed it's very time consuming to make. for myself I made it so a chunk of stone is directly broken down into 100 sand at the electric workbench, instead of having to go through the chunk>block>rubble>sand cycle.

great work, keep it up!

lude

Quote from: pongvin on February 08, 2016, 01:30:58 PM
sand is a very, vey important resource and compared to how much of it is needed and it's very time consuming to make. for myself I made it so a chunk of stone is directly broken down into 100 sand at the electric workbench, instead of having to go through the chunk>block>rubble>sand cycle.
for the time being you could build a sand plot for 20 each and designate it to be gathered which nets 5-8 and is a low prio mining but comes before rubble and after peat

i doubled the income of glass batches so i only have to do one batch per batch of glass frames
it helped a lot with the sand problem, even tho concrete still eats large numbers of it

skullywag

Quote from: skyarkhangel on February 05, 2016, 02:37:13 PM
Quote from: lude on February 05, 2016, 01:58:00 PM
The skshield.verb crash on unarmed people might be fixed with this
https://github.com/Skullywag/MedievalShields/commit/9a14e235aa1d1c305f641caf31e116675750f931

ok. i'll check this.

Sky if you took a copy of my shields before this commit its definitley your issue. Should be a simple fix. :)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

skyarkhangel

Updated github version with a lot of fixes & rebalance in events. I hope events with Abomination would work fine :) Hospitality returned. Reworked Earthquake, no flame explosion in conduits. Reworked powerplant explosion event. Darkness event now more dangerous + some fixes. Improved Insect AI and other.

Quote from: skullywag on February 09, 2016, 03:29:04 AM
Quote from: skyarkhangel on February 05, 2016, 02:37:13 PM
Quote from: lude on February 05, 2016, 01:58:00 PM
The skshield.verb crash on unarmed people might be fixed with this
https://github.com/Skullywag/MedievalShields/commit/9a14e235aa1d1c305f641caf31e116675750f931

ok. i'll check this.

Sky if you took a copy of my shields before this commit its definitley your issue. Should be a simple fix. :)

It's Wivex like shields, but AllowCast part the same :) Thank you, now it works fine  :)

Soulcube

I like this mod, but i have a question. Is it normal that every living thing on the map become malaria at the beginning of the game? I cant build anything after a few days because my colonist are all infected. I use the new git version.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Soulcube on February 12, 2016, 09:41:00 AM
I like this mod, but i have a question. Is it normal that every living thing on the map become malaria at the beginning of the game? I cant build anything after a few days because my colonist are all infected. I use the new git version.

In latest malaria were temp. removed untill i will not do optimal algorithm. You can update without start new game.

skullywag

Quote from: skyarkhangel on February 09, 2016, 07:09:36 PM

It's Wivex like shields, but AllowCast part the same :) Thank you, now it works fine  :)

Yeah his shield are my shields ;)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Masquerine

I'm going to address the recipes displaying "ingredients" instead of what they actually need, where possible. I'll fix up a few related things with recipe names and descriptions while I'm at it as well ("Produces X" missing on some, for example).

Been busy painting the house, which is why I have not done much lately. So many things to move, so many things to paint. Been about 10 years since anything was painted. Funny to see what you thought was white trim get painted with a fresh coat of white. Two very different colors.

SuNnYxD

the latest version from github for some reason causes a black screen when i load a save game (even ones made after adding the updated version of the modpack.) and the console displays alot of warnings bout not being able to find certain mods

pongvin

Quote from: SuNnYxD on February 13, 2016, 12:27:25 PM
the latest version from github for some reason causes a black screen when i load a save game (even ones made after adding the updated version of the modpack.) and the console displays alot of warnings bout not being able to find certain mods

It's a sign of a corrupt save, if all your saves are like this, I doubt if there's any way to recover them. Upload the output_log.txt file from your game directory so the creators can check what caused it.

Masquerine

Quote from: pongvin on February 13, 2016, 01:16:51 PM

It's a sign of a corrupt save, if all your saves are like this, I doubt if there's any way to recover them. Upload the output_log.txt file from your game directory so the creators can check what caused it.
It could be that you didn't do a clean install (not just overwrite - use a fresh, unmodded rimworld copy) or you forgot about the modsconfig.xml. I'm using the latest and save/reload is working properly without errors. Using old saves with a new mod version can cause errors though.

The problem with simply overwriting HSK copies on top of each other is, from time to time small mods get merged into core_sk. Mods also sometimes get disabled to fix serious bugs. This means that the original mod location/modlist entry will conflict with the duplicate in core (as the original was meant to be deleted in the newest update). That's how you get conflicts about it not finding mods and such. I've run into it a few times on accident.

SuNnYxD

Quote from: Masquerine on February 13, 2016, 02:55:44 PM
Quote from: pongvin on February 13, 2016, 01:16:51 PM

It could be that you didn't do a clean install (not just overwrite - use a fresh, unmodded rimworld copy) or you forgot about the modsconfig.xml. I'm using the latest and save/reload is working properly without errors. Using old saves with a new mod version can cause errors though.

The problem with simply overwriting HSK copies on top of each other is, from time to time small mods get merged into core_sk. Mods also sometimes get disabled to fix serious bugs. This means that the original mod location/modlist entry will conflict with the duplicate in core (as the original was meant to be deleted in the newest update). That's how you get conflicts about it not finding mods and such. I've run into it a few times on accident.
this might explain that as when i took a look at the mods from the main menu, it tells me that some of the mods from the previous mod pack version was also currently added to the game (hospitality 1.08 for example)

lude

In this particular case all upgrades von 2.4 to 2.5 will not be loadable, let alone because of the update of Rimworld Manager in it.